Last Reply by
Views: 1,736    Replies: 4
"Any clues? coz i aint getting this one at all!"
Posted: by
Views: 1,038    Replies: 0
"Help! anyone??? my poi keeps hitting me in the leg"
Views: 2,398    Replies: 0
"Just to add to codys tips, when applying the metal tape I usualy start with a verry tight strate wrap where the screws will enter the wood. Wood screws tend to split the wood and the ti..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,306    Replies: 4
"Ryainair - B@st@ardsHome Office - B@st@ardsIrish Embassy - B@st@ardsIESC - B@st@ardsIts my grandmothers 80th birthday next week and I'm supposed to be going to Ireland.However my passpo..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,376    Replies: 9
"Ok, I know about juggleart, but for some reason I can not seem to get ahold of them to order electroglo poi. So either I made them mad, or they are just not e-mailing me back, but I was..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,241    Replies: 15
"I've been learnin poi just a few days now and I can pull off butterfly, alternate butterfly n reverse butterfly. I'm trying to weave but I can't get my head around it! Can someone un-co..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,707    Replies: 8
"I know this probably sounds like a lame reason for posting, but I have recently done my first EVER poi burn!! It went really really well but i was just wondering if anyone could give me..."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,245    Replies: 5
"Anyone know how to do the braiding to hold the poi balls? I don't mean the regular three ply braid, but the thick braid that looks like cording? Let me know if you know. Please and t..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,074    Replies: 1
"Right. I'm starting up a group with a couple of friends and was just wondering how much pay we should ask for (should anyone decide to hire us) any help will be much apreciated!!!! xxx"
Last Reply by
Views: 1,293    Replies: 4
"okay how do i post an image into these bloody threads?!?!?!?!!!! "
Views: 3,284    Replies: 0
"ive been poi-ing now for about a year i started with the beginners ones with the pink tails, ive now learnt most of the moves and am starting my lil routine.so i thought id move on bigg..."
Last Reply by
Views: 8,502    Replies: 8
"I was looking at the led poi on the HOP shop and saw the Beaming poi... then saw the price. Im thinking of getting some chains and wondered if theres any way of making my own LED ball t..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,460    Replies: 2
"hey alls , just kinda sitting here bored,......cause i am. anyways , i'll be making a video soon. my dad got a fancy camera, lets just hope he'll let me use it! i dont know if it has so..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,949    Replies: 17
"so i got this idea one day, to make a staff out of wood. so out i went a hunting, and returned with a big hunk of birch. well, many days later, it's now been carved and sanded, and it's..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,251    Replies: 8
"hey, i just joined HOP today ^^. im a beginner poi-er, and want to know if anyone wants to give me pointers and such. I've been doing poi for...about a month now, and i the tricks i kno..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,495    Replies: 2
"I was just wondering how most people get fire gigs - i've been spinning about 4 years and i've had a few gigs but all of them have been by chance really. do you advertise? an..."
Last Reply by
Views: 6,657    Replies: 50
"Well Now i feel nice and dumb.. just got here and i have a nice little story to tell. i was doing a normal practice. pulled out the poi and tossed then same with my staff. but i picked ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,153    Replies: 2
"I am looking for orange LEDs that will fit inside my electroglo poi. The place I got my electroglos from(juggle art) does not sell the individual orange LEDs, and I am bored with my gre..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,643    Replies: 10
"ok i've been practicing alot of wraps lately. i've gotten about 5 of them down really well but theres a problem. my arms, are killing me, and my legs. any tips on how to make these darn..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,270    Replies: 13
"I'm looking at starting to poi. Cus it sounds fun. I've got a home made version and can do some basic stuff. I'm kinda skint at the mo. but what do you'z think I should buy to start off..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,982    Replies: 4
"ive noticed these words that have a link on them and they bring me to strange web pages and when i click them i get pissed off and angry, would someone which is kind please tell me what..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,517    Replies: 6
"help needed:I once downloaded a mpeg with some amazing poi-ing on it (including buzzsaw hyperloops, all kinds of bodywraps, etc), but I can't recall the URL... does anybody know it? bel..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,062    Replies: 1
"i've been glowstringin for over 9 months now and i'de say i'm ****en good but i jsut recently saw Tekno Turltles - Compilation 8/2003 San Antonio, Texas and i started crying, i meen wtf..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,870    Replies: 18
"Been twirling for a few weeks, and I can do butterfly, overhead butterfly, mexican wave, 3beat, chase the sun, and corkscrew. Now what? I have been using the Home of Poi dvd but everyth..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,299    Replies: 18
"I would just like to say that a couple of the pages in the home of poi lessons section are of no use whatsoever.For the alternate butterfly combination and the behind the back weave, I ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,409    Replies: 5
"I'm using the following CSS for my naivgation<!--A:link {color: ##FFFFFF; text-decoration: none;}A:visited {color: ##FFFFFF; text-decoration: none; }A:active {color: #FF0000; text-d..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,045    Replies: 9
"i am confused...when i try to do the fountain i do fwd weave,windmill and then come down into fwd weave,cannot for the life of me work out how to come down in rev weave.What am i doing?..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,842    Replies: 11
"Hi i dont know if there any other poi'ers out there who live near but if they are could plz send bac who live in grimsby/cleethorpes area coz i need ppl to practise with/learn off coz i..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,383    Replies: 4
"So is butterfly weave and wrap the same? or are wraps more complicated? or weaves? And how do I know which one I'm doing?Mary "
Last Reply by
Views: 3,340    Replies: 11
"So my two good friends and I have been spinning almost religiously for over a year. We're all using fire, and we're pretty good. I can't for the life of me get the hang of reverse wea..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,082    Replies: 3
"OK, this has been addressed I'm sure but I'll ask anyway and maybe someone can explain it better. Trying the atlernate butterfly, I'm tangling up when I try to alternate with my left ha..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,687    Replies: 5
"Right so i'm trying to polish up my forward weave, but i seem to not be able to follow thro with my left hand, the right hand go's up the left fine but the left just swings under the ri..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,159    Replies: 10
"ok so i jus started yesterday... and i'm stuck with yarn and tennis balls until my order gets here... but when i am swinging the poi come inwards toward my body... and thus the string g..."
Views: 1,344    Replies: 3
"hey everyone, hows it goin'? I was just wondering what would be some good basic ideas for a costume that wouldnt be TOO distracting. I want something attractive, safe but not soooooo go..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,608    Replies: 7
"Ok I wanna get them... I can do ttn as Jo instructed me 2, now I just need to know how to do butterfly weaves... please??????? "
Last Reply by
Views: 2,014    Replies: 9
"can anyone gimme help making on making my own poi? i want to make some double headed poi , so can anyone gimme clues as to how to get the cord through the tennis balls? or somehow secur..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,281    Replies: 3
"You guys all sound stupidly professional! I'm a lowly beginner! I usually only spin at free parties or in a field somewhere. Any tips on reverse weaving? I've been completely pants at i..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,178    Replies: 9
"Why can't i upload my photo?It's JPG 45KError message says "can't validate user shimmy"??????!!?!?%$#@%&@()#"
Last Reply by
Views: 2,095    Replies: 4
"Hello everyone, I'm Jason from Portsmouth, ohio. I recently witnessed a Poi performance at an outdoor festival and was so incredibily moved that I have decided to learn the art myself...."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,381    Replies: 1
"i have finally learned behind the back weave hooray! and feel pretty pleased with myself, but now i can't think of anything else but being able to turn with it. i know i am going to hav..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,077    Replies: 13
"O.k when I do my butterfly one of my poi is straight and one is slightly wonky. One looks like it should do the other (if looked at from a side view goes out at a fourty five degree ang..."
Last Reply by
Views: 7,902    Replies: 14
"Finally just got me hands on a video camera (not digital) do people generally use digital cameras or do you tape on a normal camera and then use a video capture card to move it into dig..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,858    Replies: 5
"Hi guys,I recently baught a set of beamers that i wanted refunding due to a crack in the case after a few minor hits. I posted them back to Malcolm on the 1/9/03 but still have not hea..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,833    Replies: 6
"Im looking to get my first pair of wicks but not sure which ones to choose. I currently use beamers and like the weight of them. So Id like the wick weight to be as close to that as p..."
Views: 1,029    Replies: 0
"I'm looking for good (and cheap) providers of performance liability insurance in the USA for my fire troupe. Any suggestions?Thanks,Squee"
Last Reply by
Views: 1,183    Replies: 2
"OK OK OK! I have been teaching myself poi for several months now and looking though the HoP website everyone seems to use the "Beat" word.I DONT HAVE A CLUE WHAT IT MEANSCan someone ple..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,449    Replies: 8
"My friend was spinning my electroglos last week and I must not have put the rubber cap back on properly after turning the battery. As she was spinning the cap went flying and mysterious..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,467    Replies: 2
"When I see the instruction video's on this site I notice that the people performing allway's have there poi's in a "straight line"(as in: they look as if they are placed on the outsides..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,128    Replies: 9
"Today was my one day of stupidity....... I logged out,then tried to log in again but I couldn't! I don't know how or why ,but there was a mistake with my e-mail address so I ca..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,632    Replies: 4
"Hey,This is going to have to be really short Im afriad cause Im at work and shouldnt be on the internet. I started Poi a couple of weeks back, and Im having real troubles getting better..."
Page: ......

HOP Newsletter