Forums > Help!

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
Posted: by
Last Reply by
Views: 2,905    Replies: 21
"Sorry to keep on posting this thread but i lost my password and didn't see the out come of my last post. So basically is anyone up for starting a poi or any other fire twirling meet in ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,548    Replies: 7
"ok i have a fire troop and we have been doing alot of work but i think i need to ajust the price because i am getting screwed. if any one who does this for a living help me out with a p..."
Last Reply by
Views: 11,072    Replies: 37
"I'm deseperately seeking examples of the face and body paint that the Maori Warriors wear.The patterns etc."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,220    Replies: 6
"I tried doing a search on this & came up with nothing. I saw a belly dancing video once where this girl had a special cup in each hand that had a fire in it. Does anyone know wher..."
Views: 2,340    Replies: 10
"I'm debating buying a set of fire poi to practice with, and am wondering about one little detail-Which wicks burn the longest?I ask because some of the songs I love to dance to are anyw..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,107    Replies: 7
"Ok, not entirely relevant to anything but I REALLY desperately need some help.I was trying to free up some space on my computer as it's working really slowly so I uninstalled a program ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,935    Replies: 1
"On "My Home" on this site next to my name there is a little letter flashing suggesting that I have unread messages but when I click on it i go to my inbox but there is nothing there, I..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,898    Replies: 12
"what are the tail's on some practice poi supposed to be there for? are they there just to look like a flame trail?also, would poi with or with out a tail be better for a noob like me?"
Last Reply by
Views: 4,090    Replies: 35
"ok me and my fire troop were hired to spin at the fair.wich i love but im on the third day know and after spining for 6 hours a day my hands begun to bleed!!!! i tryde wearing gloves bu..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,047    Replies: 20
"Okay, everybody! Help me make a decision here.I've been practicing with a homemade set of poi- tennis balls on braided cords since I started spinning back in march.I want to upgrade a l..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,237    Replies: 18
"I Really just said everything in the subject line Can somebody help find the perfect one for me ?."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,457    Replies: 5
"I'm trying to upload a picture but keep getting this message after the page where you add a title and comments:Problem running JPEGTRAN:"/usr/bin/jpegtran" -copy none /www/htdocs/homeof..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,541    Replies: 20
"So Ive always wondered why Im not as good a spinner with fire as I am with practice poi and such. I always blamed it on the innate fear of the flame. But recently Ive come to the conc..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,496    Replies: 4
"Hello everybodeee!Okay so I am new to this whole poi thing. Really really want to learn though. I am looking for suggestions for good books or videas that can help me learn some basic m..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,530    Replies: 16
"ok so i have an idea for a fire prop, if its been done or tryed please let me know......fire gloves.....yes i understand how dangerous this might be, so please dont swamp this post with..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,024    Replies: 13
"Ok so how whould one go about getting insurance (in the USA) to cover fire performers??? "
Last Reply by
Views: 2,580    Replies: 4
"can anyone tell me what to use to get coloured flames or how to get the sparks flying of ur staff or poi when they are spinninglike i know u can burn chemicals to produce a coloured fla..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,395    Replies: 3
"Ive been thinking a lot about starting a poi workshop but just had a few questions for those of you who already do this. Ill get right to em...How often are your sessions and how long ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,866    Replies: 3
"I'm trying to make a new avatar but i keep coming with a jpg file with 50.000 or 60.000 bytes. Even when the original picture was only 8 kb. What am i doing wrong here? Saving under a l..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,156    Replies: 3
"Hello! I was wondering if anyone had had any experience with these guys? I wanna buy some of their LED juggling balls, anyone know if they're any good?The ones i want are here - http://..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,091    Replies: 11
"I'm doing my uncle a favour and building a small website for him.I'm using a table with 2 rows and 2 columns as the main layout. Top left a logo. Top right the nameLower left the naviga..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,251    Replies: 3
"I've been using normal paraffin so far (kerosene to all you yanks) but the flame isn't as large or bright as I would like it to be. What is the best fuel to use? "
Last Reply by
Views: 1,448    Replies: 3
"How do people do it? I can't find the option. Anyone?"
Last Reply by
Views: 3,609    Replies: 18
"hello, i like yoo.not only that, i can't seem to upload AVI videos that are smaller than 3Mb when there appears to be more than 3Mb left of space on my account.Upon clicking on upload, ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,199    Replies: 16
"I'm trying to set up a web site at the mo and I had an for the log book http://twistedjuggler.tripod.com/aboutme/index.html.dateswhat I want to do is turn all the dates in to onclick ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,646    Replies: 7
"Well guys after returning from a year and a half of boredom and lack of lighting up, i would like to find events, people and help in Brisbane. i am keen to learn new things and im unsur..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,472    Replies: 12
"Hi people, I'm travelling on Wednesday to Amsterdam to start off my Europe trip. I'm taking poi on a plane and I usually put labels on them to say what they are in the hope that whoever..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,482    Replies: 13
"Anyone know what an ftp client is? Or anything about spymac. I really need some help uploading my video to the server. Plz help.Please...please?I have a host but im stoopid and dont ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,694    Replies: 3
"After reading messages, they're not showing up as Read anymore... still tells me I haven't read them... this irks me to no end... why god why?!? *cries* "
Last Reply by
Views: 2,203    Replies: 10
"Heya everyone! I'm organising a campus society for Fire Arts. I'm thinking about calling it Disciples of Hephaestus. Suggestions anyone?"
Last Reply by
Views: 12,800    Replies: 24
"I heard about a special fire fluid which you can spread on your skin, light it, and f.e. your arm is on fire for a second? Does anybody know something about that? I think it's basically..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,094    Replies: 10
"Ok, so I know that teaching POI can be hard, but how do you teach a child??!? My daughter is 5 (Cyanne) and she wants to learn how to spin fire. (obviously I have NOT let her try fire, ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,751    Replies: 5
"I am taking professional fire pictures tomorrow. Tell Me all the little tips that you have.. or hints...Besides don't light Myself or the photographer on fire..GoddessDA"
Last Reply by
Views: 1,633    Replies: 4
"hi was just wondering if anyone else was having issues with pm's? for the last week or so, anytime i get a pm & reply to it - it disappears! there are old ones in my folder that i'v..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,495    Replies: 5
"Hi! I know a few of you teach poi in formal classes and stuff (and if I'm anywhere near your area, I will definitely sign up for them)... A few friends of mine have asked me to "teach" ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,082    Replies: 12
"I have been practicing and I have yet to light My poi up. When is a good time to start. I think I have all the basic moves down. still don't know what the best fuel to use to just sp..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,463    Replies: 4
"My posts have disappeared I introduced myself and mentioned a festival and they've both gone :'-(Al"
Views: 1,583    Replies: 0
"hi i want to go to burring man this year but i cant afford it just yet.i was wondering if any one had tickets. who cant go and is willing to sell them?if so pm me or e mail me at fla..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,002    Replies: 6
"Okay, so my tatty home made poi are reaching the end of their days, and I've been given the oppurtunity to get a pair of (fabric) poi.The thing is, the string/cord comes out of the side..."
Last Reply by
Views: 11,658    Replies: 10
"Any ideas anyone?Ive tried looking on teh microsoft website and also through the media player options menu.Im using media player 9 by the way.Im sure it can be done...i just cant find o..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,619    Replies: 7
"I am having the hardest time finding fuel. I went the walmart. they have coleman fuel but there was no way for Me to know if that is what I wanted (white fuel).. I have yet to find karo..."
Last Reply by
Views: 24,499    Replies: 25
"arrrggggghhhhhh I have had two tattoos before and I just recently got one added to on the top of my foot... It is driving me completely bananas...I have NEVER has a tattoo itch so mu..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,829    Replies: 12
"Great site, huge amount of information and friendly people. Well done, just felt it should be said.Now to the problem. I've been doing poi for about a week now with sockballs-on-string ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,295    Replies: 12
"I am having problems getting a correct entry in the new meet others database. Sometime last week, I re-added myself to the new one. The entry popped up quickly, but it also said I was..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,075    Replies: 18
"HiI want to start learning poi. Start with normal balls and then move on to fire poi. Say, should I buy ones with the cord strings or ones with the chainlinks? Which one do you recommen..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,726    Replies: 2
"Aaaahhhh! Been tryin to post on hop for ages.. and it lets me read all the posts, then when I log in it goes funi and doesn't let me get to them! It's evil! EVIL! So I'm hopin that this..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,606    Replies: 2
"well.. im trying to orders some of the single LED poi sticks ... and it will let me put it in the box ... and then ill log in put in all my shipping info ... then go to how im going to ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,617    Replies: 8
"Warning: copy(/www/htdocs/homeofpoi/ubbthreads/images/users/4889.jpg): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/homeofpoi/www/ubbthreads/changebasic.php on line 241"
Last Reply by
Views: 2,349    Replies: 16
"someone showed me some of this stuff a while back but i can't seem to find it anywhere. it comes in a squirty nozzle bottle and i think it might be aloe vera based. it means you can cla..."
Views: 1,351    Replies: 0
"On the old site there was a video by "shadowfire" (i think) spinning to bombs over bagdad. Has it totally gone now? I loved that video!!! x"
Page: ......

HOP Newsletter