Forums > Help!

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
Posted: by
Last Reply by
Views: 2,379    Replies: 9
"before i start i have to say: i've searched all over the boards and google and havn't found anything.ok then - here goeshas anyone figured out a good way to wash your hands after handli..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,542    Replies: 18
"I'm pretty good with poi now but have this urge to start fire poi. Want to know what's the best for beginners. I'll probably buy it through HOP so if you can tell me what's best in the..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,635    Replies: 5
"does anyone know a web site where the have magic trick lessons for free??? i realy want to learn some to intertane the croud before i spin "
Last Reply by
Views: 1,448    Replies: 2
"Ok, so Ive made a very simple CSS for my website to do simple text rollovers on the links. Basically just the 3 simple lines for link, hover, visted. Now the rollovers work just fine ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,212    Replies: 4
"hi i just wanna know .. Im low budget and in dont wanna buy a parit of fire poi. I trust my skills, but i really need to know how much kevlar i need to buy for a pair of poi. The kevlar..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,808    Replies: 16
"URGENT HELP IF POSSIBLEBurnt Toast have a performance set this evening in kingston London.I was perfoming with my aerotechs but due to emergency dentist appointment (im no good with pli..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,695    Replies: 8
"Tech question.I'm trying to view the videos on the HoP site here, but they never seem to work for me. .avi, .wmv nor anything else will download nor work. Is there a protocol or a plu..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,976    Replies: 3
"So I downloaded my samurai-xxx, but it's in ogm format..Anyone know what player can play that? Is it possibly a plugin for winamp? I know ogg files are audio, but.."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,545    Replies: 1
"hello....i would like to ask somebody in the US to video the WJF(world juggling federation) competitions on ESPN2 this weekend...i thought for some reason it was next week.. obviously t..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,596    Replies: 16
"I'm looking at my sent PM's page. There is a column called "Sent to". If I click on a person's name in this column, I get sent to my profile. Shouldn't I be sent to someone else's pr..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,042    Replies: 1
"can someone tell me what i can expect if im using methylated spirit on its own? ie. colour and how long it burns, plus is it entirley safe?p.s can anyone tell me how to do a double cork..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,578    Replies: 11
"I wanna get a flask or jug to hold fuel for fire breathing. Now, its going to be used in performance by a side show artist so it has to look good. Preferably black and plastic. I als..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,137    Replies: 13
"Hi people, I already own a pair of sock poi (my favourite...) and some pretty long, heavy fire poi. I'm pretty sure I'm going to get some shorter, lighter fire poi... But what else?I'd ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,135    Replies: 21
"I'm thinking about investing in a set for my lady, but she only likes to spin light things. I've heard these poi are pretty heavy. I was wondering if anyone could give me some idea of t..."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,478    Replies: 29
"Ok, so tell me....is there anything to put on the sidewalk/street to either absorb the oil from spinning, or to make it less slippery? We are often spinning on the sidewalk, or in front..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,786    Replies: 4
"Hey guys, for one i didnt really know where to ask about this so i figured i get some forum advice.I live in the US, so generally HOP was the nicest place to buy stuff offline for poi b..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,412    Replies: 10
"I need a free FTP program that is relatively easy to use as I'm quite simple when it comes to computers unfortunately. Can anyone make some recommendations?CHeers"
Last Reply by
Views: 7,768    Replies: 36
"I have had the incredible luck of being able to use fire poi as a chemistry science fair project. My whole idea is to look at the different chemicals used to produce different colors wh..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,279    Replies: 12
"When using poi I feel that I am just doing tricks, I need to get a flow, and notice that when I listion to music I get this flow. My problem is that my headphone cords get in my way. It..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,232    Replies: 4
"Somebody here mentioned attaching their glowbug poi to regular chain handles..How can I do this? I don't want anything flying apart on me afterward.I like the feel of my chains much bet..."
Last Reply by
Views: 6,962    Replies: 16
"hey just leaving for thailand tomorrow and was wondering if any body knows where to get poi/staffs cheap....???thanks"
Last Reply by
Views: 2,563    Replies: 11
"I tried doing a search, but it got to complicated.I am thinking of requesting adigital camera for Xmas.What I want to know is this;The thing people do to get the fire trails, leaving th..."
Views: 2,204    Replies: 5
"I tried to order a pair of glowsticks, but it doesn't work.First I select the product, a pair of glowsticks, CheckThen i want to go to the checkout and the computer says: There is no se..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,997    Replies: 3
"I have done a search. I have read the FAQ. I have looked everywhere I can think of. But I *still* can't figure out how to add a thread to my "Favourite Threads" bit.I'm sure this is ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,821    Replies: 12
"Hi there Recently i've been looking at some old threads that date back to the old version of HOP.All the links that people put down are broken, because the URLs for threads have all cha..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,675    Replies: 7
"This may not be the right post for this so I am going to also post it under another topic. in the COL5 preview clicp about 4-5 seconds in there a spark of lights then fire explosion be..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,182    Replies: 13
"I searched and searched loads of different words but came up with nothing, so can someone please direct me to some cone poi making instructions? I remember seeing a link aaaaages ago to..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,748    Replies: 6
"hi i was just wondering if anybody has any tips on doing the five beat weave? thanks Asa"
Last Reply by
Views: 3,831    Replies: 14
"ball chain or wire poi,what is the difference between ?could someone please let me know!! which will be lighter?"
Last Reply by
Views: 2,349    Replies: 9
"Hi there to the community as a whole and those in the UK in particular, becuase this is directed at you guysWell after a wicked summer FireNix tour of Europe, it is time for me to head ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,836    Replies: 13
"I'm being a girl, and a technophobe...I don't understand these new fangled computers...I want to post a picture that I've found on the internet into a thread...but can't for the life of..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,041    Replies: 7
"hello, i hate to have to start a new topic, but i did a search on this and found nothing. so if there's a thread on this that i missed, please point me to it?anyway... i just got a new ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,339    Replies: 2
"ok i am not sure if this is the right place for this post but oh well. I am a lame ass at any video editing software even when i did a module at uni i was crap, SO i thought i will get..."
Views: 2,975    Replies: 0
"Hi. I'm a newbie to these forums, though I've been spinning for almost 2 years now. I'm currently living in Woking, Surrey, England, and would like to put on a fire poi display for the ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,183    Replies: 6
"I'm hoping someone can help me with this....After watching Oli's video "Stix & Socks" and seeing how it's all in oldie style film I remembered that I have an old cine camera so thou..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,299    Replies: 16
"Hey its gettin pretty chilly in my neck of the woods and I was wondering if people have any ideas where I should try and practice my spinning. Tonight my girlfriend and I are going to t..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,160    Replies: 8
"i hope i didn't miss this topic when i ran my search...if i did please forgive this newbie...anywho...i set up my gallery, i uploaded files...BUT how can i edit them...change the captio..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,533    Replies: 30
"wich one burns hotter lamp oil or white gas???"
Last Reply by
Views: 1,791    Replies: 11
"sorry cant spell. but i was wondering what is a good way to advertise for the fire spinning troop i am in??? how do the you peoples advertize??"
Last Reply by
Views: 2,057    Replies: 1
"i did a search for recent/ past threads on this topic. none came up so...what fuel for a bright, white glow flame? i am currently using kerosene ( lamp oil ) which gives orange flame wi..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,604    Replies: 15
"Heye dude. i have been looking at some photos and the fire poi have huge flame tails. how do i get me big flame like this. it rocks!!!! "
Last Reply by
Views: 2,022    Replies: 8
"hello all ... im doin a project in Web Page Design ... where we make own websites .. aaand im makin 1 on poi dancing .. gunna be kewl .. i hope ... but yeah uhhh ... im wondering if ne..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,038    Replies: 7
"walmart just fired me for buying a camera for the wrong price. i didn't know it was the wrong price, and other people bought the camera too, but i got fired for it. i had nothing to do ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 11,169    Replies: 15
"Im in the process of making my first set of flags. Was just curious as to what is best to use for weighting the leading edge and leading corner? If possible, try to think of household..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,062    Replies: 13
"anyone able to tell me how to convert wmv. movies into avi. format? "
Last Reply by
Views: 2,569    Replies: 12
"Hi folks,I've been spinning for a couple of months now, and have a number of moves down. I'm hankering to move onto fire, but I'm also wondering how big my tricks needs to be before it ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,260    Replies: 12
"I bought Sims 2.I have been trying to install it for 2 days. The game goes through the start up and then the screen goes crazy with flickering and pixelated and flashing. Enough to give..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,241    Replies: 12
"The time thingy next to where you post.....right?Whats going on?Its currently 12:55 in the uk.I posted then and the timestamp next to the post says it was at 03:55pm..which is clearly w..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,137    Replies: 25
"ok i cant sleep or eat my wisdom toth has riped threw and is tearing apart the tooth right next to it. last time i tride to eat it broke off a huge piece of my other tooth. i dont have ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,827    Replies: 2
"as i am so new to this sight, i can't work out how i add these type of visuals to my homepage. do i need a certain amount of posts first? prob a silly question, but help from regulars p..."
Page: ......

HOP Newsletter