Forums > Help!

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
Posted: by
Last Reply by
Views: 2,191    Replies: 11
"How do you change the label beneath your username where it appears on every post? For instance, mine reads "newbie"; others read "member" (even if they have been members for less time ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,046    Replies: 31
"OK, first a quick story.So I'm sitting at this bar, on a beach, in Thailand, it's january 2003. Sitting next to me is this huge Thai guy who wants to practice his english "no problem" I..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,434    Replies: 10
"(OK so its a dumb question) but whats the best way to hold poi? I dont know if they are generally the same but these ones have 2 loops for your fingers. I've had the most luck with in..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,932    Replies: 7
"OK.. got a router.. what do I need for my laptop? Am I right in thinking it's a... PCI card? Onw which just slots in the side?And help would be greatly appreciated.. "
Last Reply by
Views: 1,842    Replies: 5
"Hello anyoneout there who knows anything at all about Amsterdam! WE are a group og folk from the Beltane Fire Society www.beltane.org which happens to be a massive pagan festival each y..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,849    Replies: 3
"lo.i finally have pics to upload! but i dont get what you can fit in, the first pic i tried to put on wouldnt fit so my question is:a: is there a certain file type you should use?b: wha..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,992    Replies: 6
"I was wondering if there was a way to tell specifically who someone was replying to?I know there is the quote function, but when people don't use it, how do you know which post they are..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,079    Replies: 7
"I'm going to Switzerland (from England) this February and am really hoping that I can take my fire poi. Will I be able to? I thought I'd better check it out with you guys to make sure.M..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,590    Replies: 2
"What do you guys know about the legalities of public fire spinning performances? Do I need to get some sort of permit for myself, or just for the event? Perhaps some kind of insurnace..."
Last Reply by
Views: 6,818    Replies: 18
"Help Needed!We have only one formal spin session in Tasmania, Australia - Tuesday nights at Salamanca, and it has just been shut down by the police. Tuesday nights at salamanca has been..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,081    Replies: 4
"(currently writing this waiting for my computer to crash AGAIN!)Its a long story but my motherboard fried, i dont know what happened, but it crashed and wouldn't boot up again. So i se..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,907    Replies: 10
" i just started to learn poi somewan have some tips ? "
Last Reply by
Views: 1,889    Replies: 12
"hay i am a girl from belgium are dere more people of belgium ?because i want to do a workchop poi slingeren !do you now how to get some information of this issue !tanks"
Last Reply by
Views: 7,226    Replies: 12
"I have searched with no luck...This is one for the site admins out there; does anyone know of a very simple PHP/MySQL forum that supports themes/skins, is valid XHTML/CSS2 (depending on..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,425    Replies: 2
"HI I am just wondering the deal with HoP points, I understand it is a good way of letting the commited people that use this website and support being those that benefit the most, howev..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,934    Replies: 7
"Hi guys, im new to swinging fire, but im not real interested in buying the "beginners" cord. could yall help me out by talking alittle about your experience with different loops, cords,..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,593    Replies: 5
"Do you have to stick with the fuel you first use on your poi or could you use(pure)kerosene one night and a different fuel another? Is that safe/ok? i hope this is clear enough. thanks"
Last Reply by
Views: 2,110    Replies: 21
"My Stainless steel chain arrived from HOP today.But i dont have the necessary equipment to cut them down to size so i cant finish my custom Poi. i have all my pieces now too so i real..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,467    Replies: 5
" Hey evry1. I'm just getting into the poi's but my son wants to learn the staff. (yes ive done a search)Does anyone know what the best tool to teach him with? I'm thinking possib..."
Last Reply by
Views: 7,026    Replies: 50
"My internet connection keeps playing up.I usually use Firefox, and there is a really annoying reoccuring problem. When I click on a link, the status bar in the bottom right of the scree..."
Views: 1,926    Replies: 7
"How easy is it to get temp work in an average-sized city (ie Southampton)? What can I do to make myself more desirable as a temp?I'm currently a student and want to do a years temping o..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,102    Replies: 19
"hey,i was wondering if any of you know what kind of insurance is needed for juggling in clubs,and what else is needed for a fire licence etc.would we come under the clubs insurance or n..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,860    Replies: 8
"i had my first burn at home the other day...i went down the street to a parking lot, but eventually got kicked out because its private property. any advice on finding places to practic..."
Last Reply by
Views: 9,560    Replies: 17
"Hi everybody. I just got my first set of fire poi for Christmas and there's a couple things I'm confused about. One, the instructions that came with the poi say to extinguish them by bl..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,265    Replies: 10
"Im basically just trying to find a cheap and easy way to make my own practice swinging clubs. Any ball + sock = poi type of answers out there?"
Last Reply by
Views: 2,594    Replies: 20
"i'm so frustraited, can anyone help, i'm finding it impossible to do reverse and 5 beat weaves. i've had a few people show me, i've been trying to do it for a couple of months and seeme..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,042    Replies: 6
"hello, I've a question.....I started with Poi now for about 3 months and it is great! But how do you get it so that you fasten the two poi cords to each other, so you can spin around wi..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,261    Replies: 13
"anyone know of something I can wrap around my stick for grip (my firestick that is..) Mine came with rubbishy rubber stuff that slipped all over the place. I just need something grippy ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,000    Replies: 2
"hello !calling all brisbanites, myself, my lovely wife and our little baby are currently living in sydney, however we are looking to move up to brisbane in about three months time.there..."
Last Reply by
Views: 7,449    Replies: 54
"I have done a search and a lot of the old links are dead and both Yahoo and Google are being extra crap and just giving me info on the aerospace industry.(Oh yeh get to the point Mintâ€..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,896    Replies: 10
"I'm sure this has been covered somewhere, but I'm having difficulties finding any meaningful references to it, how do i get a larger gallery size, I notice that some peeps have nearly a..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,233    Replies: 20
"aint used em in like nearly 2 years now... still work fine.. infact even since i got them back from aerotech for a check up i havnt used them!... that was 2 years ago.RED / YELLOW multi..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,885    Replies: 5
"What's the best way to get the end caps off of a pair of glowbug poi? I want to get the caps off so I can shorten the cord handles, and this will also be good to know when the batteries..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,022    Replies: 5
"i am usually a fire poi and sock poi guy, but i was wondering what i should use as a cord to attach my double loop handle to some glow sticks without using a chain. im looking for good..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,850    Replies: 15
"ok i have done a search on this, and no one has brought it up (or i just couldnt find it)now i use lamp oil (ultra pure) to breath with, the problem is my bottom lip and chin ALWAYS get..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,223    Replies: 6
"Just wondering on possible areas in australia where fire twirlers can twirl and wondering on what other fire twirlers think about it."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,491    Replies: 19
"Okay everyone knows once you've got the weave you've reached the first milestone in poi. (So ive been told) I've been smacking myself in the face,leg,arm,hand,elbow,arse,back front what..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,529    Replies: 7
"is this really obvious? Someone said something about doing an isolation and I have NO idea what they're on with!I'm new at this as you might be able to tell Kelly"
Last Reply by
Views: 2,657    Replies: 9
"OK, I'm getting irate now.. just came back from kung fu with bruises all over from conditioning, and I can't post my vid and I don't know why!!!I have:a) a spymac account i.e webspaceb)..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,578    Replies: 5
"My cousin has recently after watching me spinning in the backyard gotten into spinning, but you see i dont feel i has built up enough skill to attempt it lit, but he insists on doing it..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,272    Replies: 27
"I did a durbs but couldn't find anything so here goesI was wondering, as the poll function of the site obviously works perfectly well, why isn't it available to everyone? that is all "
Last Reply by
Views: 2,239    Replies: 3
"Hello,I want to buy something in the HoP shop , but I can´t pay by credit card....the best thing to do for me is to ´pay by check / MO'....but what means that?I think a bill would sen..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,344    Replies: 6
"Either my phone's not receiving text messages, or my girlfriend's phone isn't sending them properly. I know I can easily test this by getting someone else to help me, but the problem af..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,777    Replies: 25
"Every once in a while (much more recently now) my Zonealarm firewall comes up with a red box saying: "ZomeAlarm Pro with Web Filtering has blocked what appears to be VPN traffic.Address..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,455    Replies: 26
" Is there anyone in Norfolk(UK) who can help an old lady learn the weave...ive tried and failed..alot....butterfly, fine...angel wings..yep...hip reels, shoulder reels...ok with the o..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,515    Replies: 4
"Ok so I am trying to get a program, and it gives a big discount for students who are trying to learn, BUT the only thing I don't have is an email acount at edu or something. I have neve..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,145    Replies: 5
"Ok, I did a little Yahoo searching but only found stuff in somewhat technical terms which I dont fully understand. The guys at Radio Shack were even less help. I know there are some p..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,297    Replies: 9
"OK, so I'm trying to swap my old car CD/radio thing with my girlfriend's standard Vauxhall Nova one, but the big problem at the moment is that I can't get the old one out! There seems t..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,953    Replies: 5
"Ok, so i would quite like to put up some photies in my gallery but the files size is too big.Could someone tell me how to go about compressing them coz i dunno how P.S i did a search bu..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,764    Replies: 15
"I'm looking for a set of spinning flags but i cant find them anywhere other than the HoP website, and i dont have the patience to be waiting 9 days for them anyone know where to get any..."
Page: ......

HOP Newsletter