Page: ......
Posted: by
Last Reply by
Views: 3,133    Replies: 9
"what policies should i look at???"
Last Reply by
Views: 3,049    Replies: 7
"I dont know what the problem with the search is right now, and i do know that there are avatar threads but i can find anything! The search is coming up blank and i spent hrs last nigh..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,636    Replies: 6
"Grrrrr, just went into edit my stupid preferences and the way I view threads has changed and I can't work out why! Instead of seeing the whole thread I only see the poster's first post..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,455    Replies: 13
"ok... what does anyone do with dead poi??i have a pair of monkey fists which passed away about three months ago now because... well, largely because they were shitely made.... but how d..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,420    Replies: 8
"looking for general history of fire twirling"
Last Reply by
Views: 2,211    Replies: 19
"Ahh help my lap-top's screwed!If anyone has any idea I'll post exactly what its doing.I switch it on and it comes up with this;"We apologize for the inconvenience, but Windows did not s..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,112    Replies: 1
"I'm a little new to the fire arts world and I was hoping for some advice.I can already do basic moves with poi ans staffs.I want to go to a school that will teach me more advanced trick..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,159    Replies: 9
"I know this sounds stupid coming from someone who has been fire twirling as long as I have but I have developed an inate fear of fire after giving myself some serious burns.Can anyone g..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,814    Replies: 5
"Right well...I doubt this is in the right forum, but here goes..I am making a vid of myself, and am wondering if anyone has any footage of me, cause if i cant find any, then i cant make..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,547    Replies: 19
"has anybody ever spun fire indoors... like in a hall...What do you do to get rid of the smell of paraffin.How can u spin with it, without makin everyone sick of the smell"
Last Reply by
Views: 2,683    Replies: 27
"I've Been Twirling Simply Before With And Without fire and I have permission to do a school showing at assembly one day, Im kinda nervous because this will be my first time infront of p..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,241    Replies: 10
"Recently, my college approached me about performing for a luau thats going to happen on our spring weekend (BIG weekend) and they asked me to name a price. Any input as to what people u..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,066    Replies: 6
"I've got a bunch of video clips in Quicktime .mov format.Does anyone know a utility/converter for turning them into MPEG format??Thanks in advance for any info "
Last Reply by
Views: 2,099    Replies: 13
"I'm scared and confused...more confused. Where do I start learning the arto of Poi. This site was suggested. I've ATTEMPTED glowstringing and in the rpocess managed to learn the 3 beat ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,928    Replies: 10
"Hi all,just wondering if anyone out there knows the ins-and-outs as regards the laws in the UK for busking, fire busking and that kinda thing.Im up for doing this, got a kinda act, cost..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,366    Replies: 3
"I need accurate documentation on poi and fire spinning. It needs to include locations, years, the more specific the better.Where it originated from.What time.How original pois were made..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,740    Replies: 23
"Two weeks ago, I received my shiny new aerotech Glodevilstick pro. Purple/yellow. Very pretty. I opened the box, noticed it was fully charged, and proceeded to play with it like a demon..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,602    Replies: 6
"I am looking for some (non-moving) diagrams of the basic moves for the butterfly poi movement and three beat weave.Can anymore help me?? "
Last Reply by
Views: 9,270    Replies: 11
"ok....this might sound a little nutty...but, here goes. Do you think that if you put the glow-stick stuff inside a bubble machine, that you would get glow-in-the-dark bubbles???? If not..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,806    Replies: 5
"hi to allcould you help me because i want to make my own fire poi without buying me any kevlars but i don`t know how. plss i need an advice (I spin from about 7 months). For me it`s a l..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,028    Replies: 12
"Hey does anybody know what I have to do to get a animated avatar??? I want to my matrix avatar to have the code falling. "
Last Reply by
Views: 2,100    Replies: 13
"okay, i've got a question. how come some people have little flowers next to their names in the "who's online" window? i cant recognise any sort of pattern for where these flowers are,..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,985    Replies: 1
"okay, so, i've been wondering what the corrilation between liquid parrafin and parrafin wax is. they're obviously both petroleum distilates, but how closely are they related? i've not..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,182    Replies: 4
"Hi,I am a fire performer in Seattle. My cousin is getting married in Atlanta in May, and I want to know what the official rules/laws/guidelines are for fire performers in Atlanta, or i..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,736    Replies: 6
"I got this email from bt the other day..are they doing what I think they are doing....but for free?"Dear Mr UCOF, We're always looking for ways to offer BT Yahoo! Broadband customers th..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,429    Replies: 2
"im heading over to tasmania to see me dad (biological) and i wanted to bring my staff but the policy my airline has is that staffs can be carried on the under carriage area but no kevla..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,437    Replies: 3
"Can anyone tell me please. And I am looking for a 4 litre jobby not 500ml. Have looked everywhere and not having any luck. Must be out there somewhere tho.thanks"
Last Reply by
Views: 1,720    Replies: 2
"This is a question about the spell checker functionality on the site.If I use the quick reply place at the bottom of each thread, there is a spell check botton that appears. This butto..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,129    Replies: 5
"I need feedback on:ease of navigationstyleclarity/usefulness of informationand if anyone has a mac or looks at it on a PDA, does it work?Here's the link: New media and museums Thanks to..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,579    Replies: 5
"Would a glowbug short staff make a good lightsaber?I'm designing a Jedi outfit, and have found lots of nice stuff online for making lightsaber handles that look really impressive. But t..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,433    Replies: 5
"I was wondering what type of fuel is best to use, when spinning pois, to make a tail?I have been using kerosine and it doesnt make a tail."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,808    Replies: 13
"Does everyone have his or her own gallery? Or must he or she buy it some how? Just wondering because I was going to try and post some stuff, but I can't find out how. "
Last Reply by
Views: 2,619    Replies: 20
"if you have broken your nose?Last week I clonked myself on the side of my nose with an aerotech and swear I felt and heard a crack. It did not bleed, but its still hurting. To save wast..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,656    Replies: 6
"Ok, I can do a lot of stuff with poi, but i cant seem to get the backwards 3 beat weave down, I do it forwards then spin to go backwards and i keep doing some weird thing, like go over ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,358    Replies: 8
"I'll be in Bangkok for work during the last week of March. I'd really, really, really like to spin, but I feel nervous about bringing kerosene-soaked wicks on an international flight (e..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,981    Replies: 17
"Hey there,I usually wire in my car stereos myself but have run into hiccups with putting in a Kenwwod in my Suby. Does anyone have any ideas on how to figure out which colour does whic..."
Views: 1,915    Replies: 0
"hey I would like to buy fuel to my firetoys cheaper than in stores, 'cause it cost a lot when you buy it in the stores. Maybe you can recomend a company near Sweden (to bring the postco..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,437    Replies: 4
"I started a new move when i was trying to do butterfly weave. I ahve no idea what it is... All i do is start on my right side with a 3 bt weave and turn to my left, bringing it into a b..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,492    Replies: 2
"hey all,i know this question has probably been asked a hell of a lot, but....how do you change the text above your avatar. is there a certain amount of posts you need to have before you..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,399    Replies: 4
"hiya yeah so i was looking at someone's profile and then instead of hitting 'return to forum' i accidently hit 'ignore user'!! how do i un-ignore them!?"
Last Reply by
Views: 3,294    Replies: 2
"can anyone tell me where i can find some public liability insurance for spinning fire in the uk. cheers"
Last Reply by
Views: 2,531    Replies: 6
"I'm sick of my usual pic - Yuna. So i tried to change it, this worked fine and i got the poic i wanted on, but i realised the writing on the avatar couldnt be seen so i tried to change ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 6,312    Replies: 30
"i live in the states and i was wondering if te pooka ships here. i think i bought one of there staffs a few years ago in edinburgh. i love it and want a second. a guy named ben sold ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,077    Replies: 5
"So, Im going to have a lot of free time this summer and Im going to need a lot of money for the coming school year...I was planning on sending tapes and letters to various clubs in the ..."
Views: 1,649    Replies: 0
"I accidentaly deleted my video of matt hennem and wanted to know if someone could send it to me? If you can you will be much loved and worshipped!"
Last Reply by
Views: 5,157    Replies: 7
"I need your help... need informations about history of the fire show &lbr;not only poi&rbr;I can't find any webs about it thats why i'm asking you i'm interested when,where,how did it..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,834    Replies: 5
"Its my third attempt to find a good catagory to ask if anyone knows anyone in Uruguay or Argentina....But even if you donĀ“t, anyone who has language learning advice or advice on talkin..."
Last Reply by
Views: 15,796    Replies: 31
"I'm aware which type of Fire extinguisher to be using. At the moment I've got an ABC powder extinguisher. But is the Liquid B version alot more efficent should anything nasty happen?"
Last Reply by
Views: 18,340    Replies: 8
"I'm working with a project in school about poi's history. If someone knows something or know were I can find more fact's beside this webside I would love to know."
Views: 3,943    Replies: 24
"I'm going boomeranging for the first time on monday evening and I wondered if anyone could give me some pointers.. I seem to have only found conflicting stuff on the net.Also, if anyone..."
Page: ......

HOP Newsletter