Forums > Help!

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
Posted: by
Last Reply by
Views: 1,644    Replies: 4
"A simple question here:I'm commissioning my first firestaff soon, but I don't know what length I should ask for.I'm roughly 1 meter 88, corresponding to 6 foot 2 inches. I have a slim/s..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,456    Replies: 2
"Hi, can anyone help me?? Ive broken a connection in my LED poi and cant seem to find the right balls anywhere. They are the ones that change colours from red to blue to green. My boyfri..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,033    Replies: 1
"Well hello there, I've just moved from Edinburgh to Vancouver for a year and no one here seems to know what paraffin is.What fuel do you guys use over here? My poi are hungry."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,211    Replies: 1
"In case anyone else is having the same problem:I recently noticed that embedded videos weren't displaying properly in the latest FF2 under winXP: nothing after the first embedded video ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,636    Replies: 14
"Yo-I've spent the morning crawling over the forums, and haven't been able to find anything to really answer this Q -Last night, for the fourth of july, my fellow spinners and i put on a..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,865    Replies: 9
"hey guys.So im new to pay pal, ive hooked it up to my online banking (what a night-mare) and now have just got funds in my bank.i went to add funds. ok cool no problem.THEN I GET TOLD T..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,271    Replies: 20
"I want to start traveling to diffrent carnavals/festevals and shows to sell fire poi and other things what i would like to know is are there any legal matters to think about whats the b..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,006    Replies: 2
"Howdy all. I tried to search but didn't clock anything to answer my question.I'm heading over to Thailand in January and trying to figure out if it's cheaper to book the flights in adva..."
Last Reply by
Views: 9,473    Replies: 4
"Now this might appear strange, but I need to find all possible ways:I'm on the verge of moving to India permanently (or "as permanent as possible"), this means I have a lot of stuff to ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 22,993    Replies: 51
"What do you do with your hair when you're spinning fire poi?I've got long, almost waist length hair, and DO NOT want to chop it off in some short "trendy" do. I had my hair really short..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,701    Replies: 17
"hi all! so i've been getting a few popups from avg lately telling me that i need to update (duh) & also that they won't be having the free updates after this month?! does anyone kn..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,491    Replies: 1
"Hi, I've just moved to Nottm & am trying to find somewhere to meet folks & practise by (allbeit basic) poi skills! It seems something goes on the Forest Ground but am not sure f..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,031    Replies: 9
"Just like it says on the tin.I'm 'Having real trouble connectin my wireless netgear router'. Now where to start I plug in th cat 5 cable to the Nic- then into 'LAN 1' holeI plug the cat..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,346    Replies: 7
"Well Im new to the idea of preforming for money. I have done a few grad parties and small things like that. I and a friend that's a glass walker and juggler were going to be busking a..."
Views: 1,529    Replies: 6
"Hi everyone! I came across Poi the other day and immediately fell in love with the idea and have decided to have a go! But I don't really know what type to get. I really like the LED gl..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,830    Replies: 1
" I just received my cole cord with swivels and quicklinks today in the mail and for some reason I can't seem to get them to adjust to a shorter length. Can anybody please help me out o..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,003    Replies: 22
"Okay the big question how long did it take for you to learn the backwards chase(with poi)? And what is the best move you know now? I know this is lame but I'm curious. "
Views: 1,350    Replies: 0
"Hello All,Well it looks as though I coming to London! Has anyone got a spare room somewhere near Farringdon that I could rent for a few months till I get sorted?PM me and I'll give you ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,250    Replies: 8
"Where would you be able to get wicks locally? I have a few small shows coming up and im not sure if I ordered some it would be in time. My friend who works the local ren fests suggest..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,028    Replies: 10
"is there any life span?"
Last Reply by
Views: 2,348    Replies: 10
"First of all I should tell you what I use as a handle. Im not sure why but I like using key rings better than any other handle I have tried. The problem with them though is that they ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,577    Replies: 17
"i would like to purchase led a pair of led pois ..so .. if i buy them on this site.. will the delivery to .. CROATIA.. (thats..far away from --anywhere-- ) cost more than the product i..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,454    Replies: 20
"every time I start to swing my fuzzy practice poi, they slip off my fingers, I have the ones where it's 2 loops. Is there something I can do, or a better way to hold them to keep them o..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,804    Replies: 3
"I'm using library computers, and I've been having a bit of trouble in the last few weeks with randomly being logged out- I sign in, go onto main index- and can't see the 'Introduction' ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,271    Replies: 2
"Hi all, I was wondering if anyone else has ordered a green LED bulb from HOP? I ordered a blue and a green and i can barely tell the difference between the LEDs. ive noticed that ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,114    Replies: 2
"hello everyone!its looking like in a week or two im going to be heading towards either ireland or scotland for a bit before i head off to france.. but i cant decide wherei was wondering..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,484    Replies: 4
"I was just recently invited to go on a 3 week trip to the middle east, particularly Oman, this winter. We'll be set up in a nice hotel, and we have 2 30 minute performances a day. Every..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,835    Replies: 3
"Post deleted by FireTom"
Last Reply by
Views: 1,760    Replies: 3
"my poi consists of tennis balls, bungie cords, and canvas finger straps connected to the end of the cord with electric tape. the connection between the tennis ball and bungie cord was ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 36,827    Replies: 51
"hey! first off i want to say "hi" to all the people on this site, i have been looking on here for about a month now, and found it most informing.And also, I KNOW FIRE-BREATHING IS DANGE..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,579    Replies: 19
"I am new to poi and I would like to make a trade for poi DVDs and toys that you don't use anymore. I have herbs, extracts, and seeds for trade. Check out ethnogarden.com and naturaluniv..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,006    Replies: 3
"hey everyone,as part of my A-level in sociology my class is putting on a sociology confrence and i was wondering if there was anyone in the midlands or surrounding areas that might be a..."
Views: 1,778    Replies: 0
"I have a lady from the Barefoot Festival asking me if I can find her a hoop performer for the festival. The dates of the festival are 1-3 August 2008. The location is Barrow-upon-Soar i..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,352    Replies: 5
"Alright chaps. Another one for the technophiles out there My girlfriends computer (running Vista) recently stopped booting up. After trying everything I knew, including system restore, ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,615    Replies: 4
"Hey, I thought it'd be a good idea to start up a thread specifically for people to help or get help finding other threads. A lot of you folks have been around long enough that you migh..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,581    Replies: 3
"hi. i don't usually say much on here, i'm a quiet observer, but i recently had a bad injury so i am looking for words of wisdom. 3 months ago i broke my left arm in 5 places and now i ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,330    Replies: 6
"Me and my friend spin fire every once and awhile, and we keep our equipment in a small cooler with the fuel and fuel tin. My friend was keeping the cooler in her car and I guess the ker..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,382    Replies: 4
"heyhey.firstly, I've been 'poiing' for a while now and getting really in to it.I've started using L.E.D. poi at night now, but am finding they're twisting and getting tangled up all the..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,964    Replies: 3
"My flexibilty (lack of ) is getting and really putting my abilties back . Can Anybody surgest good stretching exercises . "
Last Reply by
Views: 4,865    Replies: 17
" Hi im doing some research on fire art for a course im doing, can anybody take the time to answer some questions for me?Thanks guys! Questionnaire : Fire DancingGender?How old are yo..."
Views: 4,308    Replies: 5
" I just signed up for an acct on here a couple minutes ago after buying a couple things from here. I purchased the monkey fist fire poi set yesterday, and I just purchased the Knock ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 8,382    Replies: 28
"everything I have seen regarding Oggz is positive. however, I am torn between those and the FlowPoi Duo. Does anyone have a preference between the two?Oggz+ soft shell+ its rounded sh..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,551    Replies: 5
"All the picture links on the thumbnails at the top of the page are broken atm :eg :http://www.homeofpoi.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=17505Code:Fatal error: Cannot redeclare senddosem..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,776    Replies: 6
"Its not really a problem but its been annoying me ever since i used the forums.I never remember a password because i am usually not on a pc that is mine. So i read threads then reply t..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,017    Replies: 15
"I'm coming down on the coach next week, with the plan to look round, try and find a place to live, and a job.. Then hopefully I can nip back up north, and my Daddy's giving me a lift ba..."
Views: 2,190    Replies: 7
"what is a proper way to do that? hitting them on the ground would actually shorten the life of the poi, wouldn't it?"
Last Reply by
Views: 2,377    Replies: 14
"hi, i'm wondering if any of you guys knew a school of something like that where you could actually study poi proffessionaly? i just feel so good with them, make me feel alive!i'm sorry ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,713    Replies: 12
"I've got a set of aerotech globalls at home, but accidently stepped on the charger. You can't seem to buy these anymore, so I was wondering if anyone has a spare charger that they don't..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,545    Replies: 9
"Hello, i'm thinking of buying this Poi through the site and i was wondering if it is a good thing, asking for advice, tgood and bad things with it...i know there is some expression abou..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,844    Replies: 10
"ok.. i've been lurking in the fire jam out of control thread trying to find a solution for being able to start a meet, and searched for possible answers.. a few of us meet in the local..."
Page: ......

HOP Newsletter