Forums > Social Chat

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
Posted: by
Last Reply by
Views: 4,223    Replies: 48
"I’ve always tried to share positive threads and stories on HoP, but I’d like to share a situation (for me anyway) that became really distasteful.The NZ Juggling festival was held la..."
Last Reply by
Views: 10,981    Replies: 39
"A person at work said today "Oh, he's not happy. They've sent him to Coventry" they meant by that that the person wasn't being talked to by everyone else.Where did that saying come from..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,314    Replies: 4
"I went out with my fire poi for the first time last night... all i can say is WWWWOOOOOOOOO.. man that was good.. i only tried some weaves etc but i only freaked out once.. what an adre..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,127    Replies: 21
"Never, ever work for HBOS (bank of scotland). If you do already work for them, i pity you. Reason for this?I applied for a job with them, and got offered it, end of July. Then they said..."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,445    Replies: 53
"I've been watching the CBeebies channel with my son and I actualy think my brain has begun to decompose! I can now only count in brightly colored shapes. Is this channel rotting my brai..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,777    Replies: 14
"did anyone see that new late night hollyoaks on monday? some lass was spinning poi for lee and bumfluff (or whatever hes called). it was shown inbetween some girl shooting pingpong ball..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,552    Replies: 6
"went to a class for advanced poi in town yesterday.It was brilliant to spin with others, even if they were all under 18! apart from the girl running the workshop, I'm the only adult the..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,602    Replies: 9
" clothes pegs that lock, i can just imiagine all the kids coming in saying "mum the pegs wont let me put it out honest".....the sillyness of parts of the world these days"
Views: 1,046    Replies: 0
"MOVED"
Last Reply by
Views: 9,966    Replies: 7
"I got my practice POI and video the other day. I like the streamers.. The video was very well done i thought. Very easy to follow for peeps that are just starting. I bought the video an..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,976    Replies: 23
"Oh My God, I haven't seen this for a very loong time.Here it is again for your viewing pleasure the back door into the HOP shop.as created by malcolm from the HOP archiveMuch funny htt..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,755    Replies: 24
".. Okay.. now this &lbr;censored&rbr; sucks ended up going to the dc. today.. and he said that these lumps on my neck could posably be cancer of the lymphnodes.. *cries* it may not be b..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,051    Replies: 30
"so yeah i got a puppy...well not yet in 2 weeks, problem is i have no idea what to call her, i did want to call her Bo (as in Bo Derek ) but mech is being a meanie and doesnt like it ...."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,739    Replies: 18
"I am sitting here in front of my computer at 6 in the morning.I am in shock and extremely upset after what has happened to myself, my boyfriend and a friend who was with us at the time...."
Last Reply by
Views: 950    Replies: 26
"hi i was wondering if anyone new of any fire spinning tournaments in the uk"
Last Reply by
Views: 2,426    Replies: 9
"I just took a LOOOONG, hot shower, and in a fit of orgiastic bliss, smeared my entire body in moisturizing lotion.I don't quite feel normal yet, but I'm getting there.OK... Reasons BRC..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,975    Replies: 3
"i keep forgetting to go to the drug store and buy some cream for this terrible affliction. anyone know of any home remedies?"
Last Reply by
Views: 3,179    Replies: 24
"well last night i was due to do my first fire spinning gig and i couldn't find the sodding place. in my defence the directions were no good.... i was told it was Walting street A5 and i..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,993    Replies: 11
"Couldn't get tickets? Didn't feel like flying thousands of miles to get sunburned and sandy? Hate the smell of hippies? Well you can have all the fun of Burningman without any of the..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,551    Replies: 7
"does anyone know what lou reed(singer/songwriter & guitarist with the velvet underground) is doing these days? is he still recording? is he producing?.. .."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,774    Replies: 25
"Hi there! I am in Korea, having flown over from NZ on Sunday 28th of June 2005. In addition to my blog, I am posting a little forum here for any and all poi-heads whith an interest in K..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,590    Replies: 15
"If there is a load of dog hair scattered about, say in a garden, would a bird make a nest out of it? i no ur all saying yeah sure, y wouldnt it, but this is a differnt bird, it has a fe..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,614    Replies: 3
"Does anyone have any house hunting stories?I began looking today for my first house to buy. I've looked for places to rent before, but the thing about looking at rented accomodation is ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,525    Replies: 8
"I dont post in 'chat' much, but at last I feel that I can offer something of value here-This is a short movie of Tyson the skateboarding bulldog-http://www.skateboardingbulldog.com/tyso..."
Last Reply by
Views: 8,699    Replies: 70
"I would like to know, who in here plays computer games alot? To be more specific who here plays PC games? Are any of you computer fanatics? Please tell me i'd like to know "
Last Reply by
Views: 1,164    Replies: 17
"On Saterday I did fire poi and the LED poi that duncan made.It was UBER COOL!!!!!!!!!!! "
Last Reply by
Views: 1,687    Replies: 6
" its a dancing breakfast and its making me hungry. "
Last Reply by
Views: 5,024    Replies: 59
"I was just wondering whether anyone here has quit smoking recently and has any tips... My will power is quite good but I'm starting to get quite moody after three days. I dont really de..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,653    Replies: 16
" Fridge Magnets see fridge magnets like I said"
Last Reply by
Views: 1,049    Replies: 3
"Can be deleted when I have my answer.Last year there was a Mumps epidemic amoung students, and MMR jabs were given. I had mine today at 12:30pm, to safeguard against bollocksing up my ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 14,356    Replies: 99
"Having followed the progress of a number of recent HoP thread controversies, I have been forced into reassessing some of my basic assumptions about life, intelligence, human developmen..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,165    Replies: 10
"ok, so maybe its just me, but i seem to have noticed that the amounts of posts people have made during their time on HoP has dissappeared. can anyone tell me why this is so?"
Last Reply by
Views: 1,270    Replies: 7
"At the moment, there is a big applying frenzy that year 12s are going through i.e applying for universities, putting in their course preferences, applying for accomodation on campus, ap..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,640    Replies: 18
"Ok, I had a sort of weird christmas back in 1997.no it isn't the peanut story thats in my intro....My boyfriend at the time had just dropped me off home and stayed about half an hour.Mu..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,336    Replies: 11
"I had a decent if not sparkling day yesterday, and I get up this morning to do some work, and start talking to a friend..... right, he's gone insane... in the "head over heels" kind of ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,145    Replies: 8
"If so is there anyone who knows of any meets around taunton or bristol?"
Last Reply by
Views: 1,618    Replies: 17
"Kali (you old-skoolers will remember her) moved to New York yesterday!And so I have a new HOP friend in New York!Things I love about New York:324: the city attracts cool people in large..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,577    Replies: 10
"My marker (and normal, but that's not so bad cause companies keep throwing them at scientists) pens keep getting stolen from my desk and out of my labcoat, and it's not very nice! Becau..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,677    Replies: 7
"John invited his mum over for dinner and, his mother couldn`t help noticing how handsome John`s roommate was. She'd long been suspicious of Johns` sexual orientation and this only made ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,811    Replies: 38
"I noticed I tried posting some stuff under my regular first name and could not unless I registered..Why are you making everyone register now??DoniaIgnis Devoco Industrial Fire Circuswww..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,361    Replies: 12
"Now is your chance! I am going to be in the UK for about 2 weeks from the 24th August! I think I am travelling with my folks for a bit of it, but thats in planning. Who?Where?Why? I wil..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,061    Replies: 13
"I’m teaching my 23 month old niece to spin poi. When ever I visit she shouts “spin poi.” So I spin for a bit, then shorten them and give them to her. She just goes nuts with th..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,794    Replies: 33
" Personally i dont see it but someone said i do and now everyone at work says i doedit:try these links to my gallery here or here "
Last Reply by
Views: 4,816    Replies: 75
"I really really like monkeys !"
Last Reply by
Views: 4,167    Replies: 44
"Ok people youve all seen him around, some of you on here have even been lucky enough to meet him But me - ive known this chap now for far too long and one thing still bugs me............."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,288    Replies: 6
"hello im bored somone please talk to me "
Last Reply by
Views: 2,799    Replies: 9
"Its been bothering me.. a poll in the pub has not been enlightening either.Where and how exactly do birds sleep at night? I believe they 'roost'...but do they all have nests..or do they..."
Last Reply by
Views: 526    Replies: 1
"OK so its my boyfriends b'day in two ish weeks and have decided that im gonna get him a flask and have it engraved (yes i know its a boring tipical 21st pressies but i know he would fin..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,874    Replies: 8
"There is a dangerous virus being passed electronically, orally and byhand called Work-Overload-Recreational-Killer (WORK). If you receiveWORK from any of your colleagues, boss or anyone..."
Last Reply by
Views: 752    Replies: 6
"To say my life has been strange in the past year is probably an understatement. Nonetheless, things are sort of coming to a head. Where I'm trying to get, I'm having trouble getting b..."
Page: ......

HOP Newsletter