Forums > Social Chat

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
Posted: by
Last Reply by
Views: 1,663    Replies: 2
"Hello, I have just started on spinning LED Fans and I am having problems with the stem of the fans rubbing on my knuckles as they spin. Does anyone have any suggestions to prevent this ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,613    Replies: 2
"As everyone can tell I am new to posting. I thought I would jump in and stop lurking.I was learning to spin a long time ago when I was living in Hawaii. When I moved away I dropped al..."
Views: 1,919    Replies: 0
"Do any fire lovers know of groups, both voluntary and for hire, that are based in Copenhagen Denmark?"
Last Reply by
Views: 1,587    Replies: 7
"Hiiii everyone. I'm new to the forums. My name is angie. I'm super interested in learning fire poi and staff. I'm sure you guys might be sick of seeing posts like these of noobs asking..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,234    Replies: 1
"hi, i am from the Philippines and i have been spinning for almost a year and a half. and now i am planning to buy a fire poi from HoP but i have no idea how to pick the right one that w..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,781    Replies: 1
"Is LED light bad for your eyes, lol woops.Hey guys I was just wondering if the LED light was bad for your eyes, of course not staring directly at the light but me just working in my gar..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,947    Replies: 8
"What helps you get over, or calm down when or if you get a little frustrated when you're practicing poi or other arts?I'm just curious as to what helps other people out.Personally I'll ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,139    Replies: 6
"Hi thereI live in Johannesburg South Africa and am desperately looking for someone to help me learn some new tricks, if there is anyone close by who is willing to help please let me kno..."
Last Reply by
Views: 56,968    Replies: 4
"Hello! I was wondering if there is anybody out there in the Ohio area? I'm going to school at Kent State University and as far as I know, I'm the only one out here who is interested i..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,188    Replies: 1
"Industrial accidents are at times wake up calls for employers. They realize the importance of workplace safety only after an accident. As the head of an institution, it is the responsib..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,712    Replies: 7
"I am so excited!Tomorrow, (5-19-13) is my 500th day since I started spinning poi. (It will also be my 500th consecutive day of poi spinning.) This has been an incredible, life-changin..."
Last Reply by
Views: 19,425    Replies: 31
"Yes, as you might have heard Oklahoma is very boring. Well not all the time but when I have no on to spin with it gets boring. Yes, I know all about the meet others thing but I just wan..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,533    Replies: 2
"Hi EveryoneI'm new here and new to poi so hello everyone!So anyway, I have these poihttp://flamesngames.co.uk/juggling/multi_function_led_glow_poiand I am very new to spinning poi and a..."
Last Reply by
Views: 6,957    Replies: 10
"Hey spinners, what kind of pants do you guys like best for spinning in?You've got Banyan pants (action pants), Poplins, Aladdin or Harem pants, Thai Fisherman pants, and many, many more..."
Views: 4,581    Replies: 0
"Hey Guys, Just a word out to all the dragon staff twirlers. We have been working hard on a new design for everyone, and have finally got it down. You can check it out and pre-order on o..."
Views: 1,536    Replies: 0
"Hi guysIs there anyone who knows any great ideas for on-stage performances on peg-stilts, something to show off what can be done. All I can really think off is dancing to a song, I'm no..."
Last Reply by
Views: 13,454    Replies: 14
"Anyone know any good ones?here's my favourite:address: ukdnb.no-ip.orgFiles: DNB & similarregistration requirements: 2gb of DNBJo. "
Last Reply by
Views: 9,374    Replies: 15
"Wood or aluminium? I have been twirling my firestaff for about a year now. I started off with a wooden staff which I made for myself and have stuck with wood ever since.Most people seem..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,334    Replies: 2
"I was wondering if there were any people around the arlington, washington area or maybe snohomish county area that would like to get together and do some staff twirling. You know teach/..."
Views: 1,149    Replies: 0
"Hi all,I'm looking to Poi performers for an advert. The shoot will probably be abroad and taking place between 17th and 24th April.Please email me on dan@iamigo.co.uk if you are interes..."
Last Reply by
Views: 7,117    Replies: 18
"Boo! To add a lil sparkle to my stonedness... ...If you were a faery/pixie/cheeky ikkle wood nymph for a day, and could do whatever you most desired to do...What wou..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,268    Replies: 2
"Hey, I'm relatively new to these forums and I want to know. How do I mark all read so I don't respond to old posts?"
Views: 1,780    Replies: 0
"Hey All, Rather short notice, but just remembered I hadn't posted here yet! I'm arranging an hour of glow Tai Chi and glow spinning (no fire please!) at the Bandstand in Aldershot's Pri..."
Views: 1,329    Replies: 0
"I am looking for people who are in my area that spin poi to get together and spin and have fun!"
Views: 1,257    Replies: 0
"Hey everyone, My name is Sean Wittig and I am from Milwaukee, WI. This is my most recent poi video, it is the entry video for the Summer Camp masquerade troupe contest. I wanted to get ..."
Views: 1,448    Replies: 0
"HEY YALL!!! Just wanted to stop by and drop this video i entered the SCamp video contest. If you could watch the video and IF YOU LIKE IT LIKE IT ON THE YOUTUBE page PLEASE!! Please com..."
Views: 1,012    Replies: 0
"HI everyone! Hope you are all well! so i created this video to try and win a spot on this masquerade troupe for summer camp music festival this yr in may! Part of the video is how many ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,492    Replies: 2
"Family, friends, and beautiful beings of the interwebs,Im making an effort to make it to France for the EJC this year, however, I don't think I can do it on my own. Luckily, my birthday..."
Views: 1,860    Replies: 0
"Hiya,My partner Claire is visiting Northampton Massachusetts over Easter (22nd March to April 2nd) and looking to meet other poisters and hoopsters (even jugglers if desperate ;-) while..."
Views: 1,867    Replies: 0
"Like candy, sweet, sweet candy, bit by bit, to savour the flavour!"
Last Reply by
Views: 2,809    Replies: 6
"Thank you studioHi and welcome to Channel 7 news with me, Nuggit. I'm here with Professor Notalot, the leading authority on woodchucks.Professor, just how much wood must a woodchuck ch..."
Last Reply by
Views: 62,408    Replies: 57
"I'm sorry, I've been searching all morning by my damn internet keeps defaulting to American websites.All I want to know is how much is an 8 foot 2x4 piece of wood. Do you have 2x4s? O..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,010    Replies: 8
"no, seriously... how much wood? very important that I find out"
Last Reply by
Views: 7,432    Replies: 23
"just exactly how much could it chuck???? "
Last Reply by
Views: 13,204    Replies: 38
"i loved this show so much, fox & badger were my favourite charactesr i hated toad, i cried when the mice were eaten by the butcher bird and when the hedgehog was hit by a car.we nee..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,525    Replies: 4
"Hello all! Ok, so basically, I have been leading this slow paced life. Did a little bit of traveling which was amazing. Been spinning poi for a couple years now. My problem is with find..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,859    Replies: 1
"If you plan on coming to the states you got to stop in at the Backwoods Arts Gathering! Check it out at Backwoods Arts Gathering"
Last Reply by
Views: 37,740    Replies: 30
"i shall be heading over to new zealand with a few friends at the start of feb for the 12th new zealand, International Juggling Festival and i was wondering what the must see things in n..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,425    Replies: 3
"just moved to cambridge. justin thorne. wheres the spinners?"
Last Reply by
Views: 8,537    Replies: 23
"Penn State is wonderful because I can take a tai chi class for credit.Tai chi is wonderful for a multitude of reasons. All I can say is that anyone with the opportunity to take it shoul..."
Views: 1,564    Replies: 0
" Hey! Someone in Thailand on Koh Samui? I am here for the winter and spring, but it's so boring one twist poi! Let's share the experience!"
Last Reply by
Views: 56,064    Replies: 90
"We already have the poll that suggests people born under fire signs of the western zodiac are more likely to be fire spinners. I'm interest to see if any sign on the Chinese zodiac is m..."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,379    Replies: 6
"Hi AllMyself & partner have moved to Rockingham near Perth in WA. We are looking to see if anyone in and around the area are into Poi and if there are any events or meets that we ar..."
Views: 1,926    Replies: 0
"Hello everyone,I am doing a market research survey for my Thesis project in Web Design, in regards to Entertainers and Entertainment listing sites (like GigMasters & GiG salad). If ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,313    Replies: 10
"Okay im going to get that dreaded (mortgage ) And purchase a place of my own Im hoping for a townhouse/unit closer to the city cause of work and such. Im just asking for advice on legal..."
Last Reply by
Views: 17,084    Replies: 45
"Ok - Well, I've just been told that Frodo has found my cutlery which I didn't even realise I'd lost, plus people seem to have lost poi, socks and other bits and bobs.So - post here what..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,706    Replies: 3
"I entered the home of poi facebook flower contest and am a few more votes away from having my own set of LED toys. Ive been spinning for about 3 years but am very poor and cant afford t..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,241    Replies: 5
"i started spinning just for fun about 6 years ago and recently started thinking about getting a little more serious. ive tried choreographing routines and for one reason or another it's..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,602    Replies: 7
"i saw a video on youtube a long time ago, once i started getting into this. its some sort of staff dancing veriation where the people use the staffs to help them spinn and flip. they le..."
Views: 1,858    Replies: 0
"Hey there, if anyone is aware of a particular forum or site where I can find a current poi community in south africa I would very much appreciate it. Indeed if anyone erring this is in ..."
Page: ......

HOP Newsletter