Forums > Social Chat

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
Posted: by
Last Reply by
Views: 9,619    Replies: 43
"I had THE FUNNIEST clinic today.First was the 4-month old I saw. Mom says "his teeth are coming in!" Indeed...his teeth are coming in. Now, most 4-month-olds can't sit up and are jus..."
Last Reply by
Views: 8,267    Replies: 33
"i know urbandictionary.com has been mentioned on a number of occasions (and to be honest i thought there was a whole thread devoted to it, but the search didn't return anything - please..."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,127    Replies: 55
" he's kewl, we like him lots.just thought i'd share that with you all. "
Last Reply by
Views: 1,743    Replies: 18
" My mp3 player is set to random things... and I totally forgot I owned a Ryan Adams album (specifically brought on by the song "I see monsters".Anybody recently re-discovered music/book..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,184    Replies: 19
"I watched a program last night about apple trees and the life style that has grown up around these trees. There was a bit about wassailing at the end of the program and it got me wond..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,702    Replies: 2
"hi there fellow poiersim looking for a room in a house of happy lively spinners or surfers in North Devon. if you can help, let me know-CHEERS!!xxx "
Last Reply by
Views: 1,042    Replies: 7
"i was just tinking as i was walking through picadilly the other day how amasing it would look..... But then i thought fire melts ice ....mmmmm still think it would be nice. Anyone ever..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,448    Replies: 29
"I just blocked my flatmate on msn (he is currently at work) before I say something really, really nasty.When we moved in, he bought a second hand washing machine and I warned him that i..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,364    Replies: 6
"Saw this tonight at work and instantly thought this is the forum to pass it on. Just a you tube vid, hope it isn't contravening any rules but well worth checking out nonetheless.Greg st..."
Last Reply by
Views: 900    Replies: 5
"just wondering if anyone could help me learn how to do front flips or backflips, can already do cartflips and cartwheels if tht helps"
Last Reply by
Views: 3,914    Replies: 22
"Okay, this is going to be kind of strange. might take me a try or two to really get the wording right. Have you ever found a particular day in your life where everything changed? I mean..."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,036    Replies: 7
"The woman who invented kevlar was named Stephanie Louis Kwolek. She recieved a B.s. with a major in chemistry from Carnegie Institute of Technology in 1946. Looking to save up for med..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,361    Replies: 10
"you know thos songs you hear about where, if played backwards, they reveal a hidden message or alternate song, well see if you can hear the hidden message in this song.yes, its jingle b..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,745    Replies: 14
"NEW! Online Magazine for Drummers, Firedancers, Bellydancers, Hoopdancers! www.rhythmicartists.com This magazine is dedicated to Rhythmic Artists all over the world, and to their unique..."
Last Reply by
Views: 988    Replies: 11
"This is to counter my ranting thread. Because while one flatmate annoys me, the other I love to bits (Zechrec). I love her to bits on a normal day.As some of you know, I'm missing Chris..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,056    Replies: 16
"go on.............................show us your vans (you don't need to be the owner)any van/truck that you would love to own, would convert into a touring van post them here..............."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,002    Replies: 22
"Hello fellow HOPers...Seeing as Lightning's thread kicked off with many knowledgable people posting on the topic of meditation. I would like to know if anyone here is actually familiar ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,670    Replies: 26
"It has occured to me that I'm quite intelligent, ok, I have the odd day where I go looking for my glasses only to find their allready on my face, but compared to the average person on t..."
Views: 633    Replies: 0
"MOVED"
Last Reply by
Views: 2,654    Replies: 18
"Right guys as some of you are aware in England we have a event called red nose day to raise funds for charity this year the aim is to get enough money to be able to send every children ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,184    Replies: 12
"OK, here's a bit of sillyness for you mid-week:Find a song that you can change a word or too in the lyrics of and it suddenly becomes about poi (or any of the twirling/juggling arts).To..."
Last Reply by
Views: 8,795    Replies: 93
"right, i know this is kind of disgusting, but i've just been sat here at my computer all alone, and i happened to let a really smelly one go. i just wondered, why can we put up with the..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,677    Replies: 15
"Okay im standing here sick and tired of been made feal im a fat useless Pig, Stupid not worth the time of day. Been told im gay (not thats a offensive )(but im not )just cause im not in..."
Last Reply by
Views: 771    Replies: 13
"I was struck yesterday by just how great the poi community can be - I was in Bristol up on the green, teaching my friend some of the basics, when three people turn up and ask whether th..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,511    Replies: 18
" Hey Folks,Inspired by the pure genius of the video clip below, here's a place to add links to any video clips that are non-spinny & are deserved of a place on HoPAnyways, get comf..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,005    Replies: 21
"i've just notice a huge bruise on my arm and i dont know how i got it. anyone else got any random bruises this week that their not to sure about how and were they came from?"
Last Reply by
Views: 4,275    Replies: 37
"I don't know about anyone esle, but I become very attached to my pets. About two weeks ago, my 12 yr old lab C.C. died. Well, let me tell you what all happened. She had a stillborn pupp..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,152    Replies: 5
"Today is quite the rainy day, here in western Massachusettes. I was on my way to circus practice, carring my poi my left hand, diabolo over the shoulder, and umbrella in the right hand..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,629    Replies: 31
"Hello there.I wish to utterly confuse my parents I need one postcard, from as many different coutries as possible, in 3 weeks.My plan:You read this thread and go "My, thats a good idea,..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,208    Replies: 25
"http://narrowboats.apolloduck.co.uk/feature.phtml?id=31193i think its THE coolest boat ive ever seen"
Last Reply by
Views: 1,387    Replies: 3
"Any one else in a band?!My band's just sorta got off the ground this year after some troubles with drummers.We're called Dr Milk, a mix between Black Sabbath, Rage Against the Machine a..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,581    Replies: 9
"Got it on my desk on Tuesday and haven't stopped listening since. Not a single weak song on it As usual the music and lyrics manage to make me really sad and happy at the same time. Any..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,850    Replies: 25
"i just got my new song list which i have to learn I was wondering your opinion on the song1. Sea Fever- john ireland2. Elephant love Song- moulin rougeI need another two songs which are..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,128    Replies: 6
"I don`t know if some of you ha heard or tried this, but it really freaked the shyte out of me.So this is what you do:-get 4 persons + you togehter (5persons all together)-get a chair.pu..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,723    Replies: 2
"There's a ultra high quality HD version of the spiderman 3 theatrical trailer kicking about on bittorent (it's much longer than the trailer on quicktime.com but it is a .mov), I'm sure ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,944    Replies: 54
"Come join me in the dunce corner. You get to colour in (and go out of the lines!), play dressing up, and you even get a carton of deliciouse warm curdled milk mmmmm!Common reasons for b..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,698    Replies: 23
"Wow - Just saw Alegria tonight - that fire twirler is cool! So very VERY fast!! He only worked with 1 or 2 short staffs (no poi ) but still!! At one point he was actually letting go of..."
Last Reply by
Views: 18,207    Replies: 120
"so, come on.........who got "pegged" at PLAY???why got a peg with a tag? who still has theirs?? "
Last Reply by
Views: 1,105    Replies: 9
"A lot of people assume that unicycling originated from clowns; not so, it came from heroes who took the back wheels and handlebars off their giant wheeled penny farthings, and went raci..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,537    Replies: 57
"like most other threads on HoP, this has probly been asked before, but i didnt see it on the first page of social chat so therefore its outdated one of mine would have to be Donnie Dar..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,638    Replies: 25
"I just saw this posted over on UK hippy and thought you guys might like a go at playing it.Happy Splatting!"
Views: 4,567    Replies: 11
"Hey Folks! I am a firespinner from CA looking to connect with people in the Vancouver and Seattle Areas. I will be in Vancouver on Monday, 8th of August, for a few days, and in Seattl..."
Last Reply by
Views: 7,696    Replies: 70
"Hiya all,For those of you who send to many emails as I do, you might be aware of gmail.. 1 gig of email space!! but the thing is that you can only get a gmail account by invitation from..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,260    Replies: 57
"Feel the need for a hug? HUG! Enjoy"
Last Reply by
Views: 27,676    Replies: 235
"Let's see now: we know most of each other's ages........wouldn't the elucidation of our nicknames make for some gripping bedtime reading? ------------------*WC*"
Last Reply by
Views: 2,102    Replies: 8
"So, I am going to get some new glow poi - I have a pair of the lightsticks on sale from HoP but they are a bit fragile, for all that they look terrific, and one is broken So I am lookin..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,227    Replies: 34
"http://www.livejournal.com/users/bouncechrissy/155638.html#cutid1Do any brits live near this guy? I would seriously pay pal money to you to give to him. "
Last Reply by
Views: 2,107    Replies: 17
" I wake up each more left in awe and words in complete studder. I mean.. Each day passes even quicker than the next, and as each seconds progress I grow more thankful for the life I..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,392    Replies: 10
"I thought this was to cool ENJOY!!!!!!!!"
Last Reply by
Views: 6,004    Replies: 61
"Right... A little of topic but i am a little curious as i am thinking of combine poi as well as a musical it possible but i would like to know what ur fav musicals are first. My top thr..."
Page: ......

HOP Newsletter