Forums > Social Chat

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ...
Posted: by
Last Reply by
Views: 3,760    Replies: 6
"how long do most of you keep your chains while swinging, and why. i usually keep mine as about 53cm which for me i from the tips of my hands to my shoulders, which alows me to swing th..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,104    Replies: 2
"Anyone know of anything in relations to fire spinning around and in Birmingham? ive been spinning for a few years now but the people I started with have stopped and I want new people to..."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,826    Replies: 1
"Check out impressive fan dancer Angelica Faith!In the amber glow of firelight, dancer Angelica captivates audiences with a blend of refined technique, sensual moves, and passionate st..."
Last Reply by
Views: 8,910    Replies: 5
"Couldn't find any threads for this already - so thought I'd take the opportunity to say 'Well Done' to Malcolm and the rest of the web design team:The new site looks awesome! "
Last Reply by
Views: 9,792    Replies: 8
"For spinning fire poi - we found that lamp fuel is the best. It takes a while to lite but when it does it lasts a long time! At first we were using camp fuel but its much too dangerou..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,303    Replies: 1
"Hii, im from the chicago area and looking for anyone else practice with? i'm new to poi and staff. i attended the full moon jam on the 22nd and it was awesome and hope to meet more peop..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,508    Replies: 1
"heya everybody. it's been ages since i've had the time to really get out and do some juggling, so i decided to celebrate the break with some red rock juggling, picture attached.let's se..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,873    Replies: 3
"Hey all,I'm based in London (UK) and as you'll all imagine it's cold and/or rainy a lot of the time (especially at this time of the year). Unfortunately my flat is tiny and I can barely..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,500    Replies: 1
"I saw this TED talk the other day and found it extremely interesting. It is quite intriguing the way we perceive "normality". "
Views: 1,045    Replies: 0
"Who's in Michigan trying to poi it up in the Detroit metro area?!?!"
Last Reply by
Views: 2,571    Replies: 2
"heres the thing,I have never used any other fuel except normal lamp parrafin in the 2 years i've been doing fire poi.So far while on this site i have heard mention of people using keros..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,104    Replies: 13
"I just want to say how much I love HOP (Home of Poi)!!!! <3"
Views: 983    Replies: 0
" &lbr;url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1auAg5zRSE&rbr;&lbr;/url&rbr;"
Last Reply by
Views: 1,482    Replies: 7
"Is a year too early to go public with a performance, a crowd? a months? 2 weeks? :devil: :) :D :juggle: :help: :wonder:"
Last Reply by
Views: 1,967    Replies: 3
"I just moved from ohio to North Carolina and now i dont kow any poi or fire spinners around; all i want it a friend or two to go to beach with and spin...if your a spinner in NC. text..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,476    Replies: 17
"Just curious to see how other people first met with spinning culture and started spinning. What got you hooked?The first time I saw somebody using poi was when I was seventeen, at a con..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,891    Replies: 4
"Whats your favorite genre to spin poi to!?"
Last Reply by
Views: 1,477    Replies: 2
"Oi, I am not gnna lie. I am a big guy! I think my waist size was a 44 at the moment. I am looking for some Comfortable clothing that doesn't restrict movement, I know at least one of y..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,242    Replies: 2
"Hey all What do we all do to make a show stand out from the rest"
Views: 1,064    Replies: 0
"I just got into the spinning! I am looking for fellow Spinners in Northern California. If you know where Roseville, Auburn, and Colfax are I am in that large area. I would love to find ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,090    Replies: 2
"Hi there peoples. There's been a discussion on face book about creating an international flow arts day on the 28th of June. I'm hoping to organize something over here in the UK and I'm ..."
Views: 1,153    Replies: 0
"Hey! Bonsoir a vous sur ce blog autant agreable ! Je m'appelle SHANON J'aime:lire 424admireren allemand aimez vous ischa???"
Views: 1,675    Replies: 0
"Hey Guys,I remember years back, that there was a social meet up at South Bank in Brisbane for spinners every monday night. I was wondering is it still on? Is there another place where p..."
Views: 959    Replies: 0
"Hey all just want to get some feedback i am doing a fire show in a couple of weeksjust want to know what you guys reckon it is a pirate them arty but not to sure what kind of music to g..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,851    Replies: 2
"i bought the new stealth ninja v3s. i love em. only problem is im used to spinning contact poi and the weight on the ninja just isnt doin it for me. i really dnt wanna just glue a bunch..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,506    Replies: 3
"So I came up with the idea of making a pair of sock poi made out of the same material as hacky sacks are made out of, only problem, I have no clue how to do such thing. Anyone out there..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,235    Replies: 2
"First id likie to say I know this isnt the help forum, but im posting here because it seems the help forum doesnt get a lot of traffic. My name is Aaron. I live in Auckland NZ. I am try..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,417    Replies: 19
"I know here within the states that what people do for Halloween changes from region to region. For example, where my sister lives in Florida, they do not trick-or-treat at all. And wher..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,409    Replies: 4
"hello all, I found this site while I was looking for Light Painting gear...sort of interested in using Fire pois in my photography. I use LEDs and Steel wool at the moment...anyway I am..."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,720    Replies: 19
"I'm still quite new to poi. I have a back yard, and plenty of room to practice but I just can't get into the mood to just spin. I find myself getting frustrated so easily. Spinning at h..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,512    Replies: 1
"Soooo awesome :-) Electric club spinning 1900http://www.futilitycloset.com/2013/10/01/power-clubs/ "
Last Reply by
Views: 1,934    Replies: 2
"Hi HoP people, I'm considering getting a contact juggiling ball, and I'm wondering, is there any kind of guidelinges as to what kind of size and weight to get as a beginner who's not do..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,941    Replies: 8
"I did my first gig there about 2 weeks ago and I found that the music was much faster than what I normally spin to. I decided afterwards that it probably caused me to make mistakes I wo..."
Views: 1,166    Replies: 0
"Hi guys,I'm running a half and full marathon for Barnardo's and have a Halloween fundraising event on the 1st November at Cardiff City Stadium and am looking for something impressive to..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,161    Replies: 2
"I'm curious--What is your dream costume,A really good costume you've seen,Your favorite costume that you've worn to date,And what is your favorite candy?"
Last Reply by
Views: 1,640    Replies: 2
"hallo everybody i am new here and in the word of fire poi!!!!i want to make my own fire poi (its to expencive for me ) maybe someone can help me find kevlar ?? (i live in greece so if a..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,221    Replies: 1
"Fire Poi Spinner Alex Carson performed on our new TV show Apartment Numbers showing this fall. He was awesome and wowed the crowd. You can see the video and interview at this YouTube li..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,660    Replies: 5
"After I quit drugs the leaches fell off. after almost 2years of loneliness it's getting to me. I've changed, and the people I knew before have too. I want some companionship but for som..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,429    Replies: 3
"Hello there. Don't know how this will work, but I'll give it a go! We're getting married Sat September 14th 2013 at Usk castle, Usk, South Wales near Chepstow UK and seen this link on a..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,872    Replies: 8
"Hi everyone, I'm new to Poi and have been teaching myself all sorts of stuff with the help of some YouTube videos and prior knowledge from people helping me out. I am seriously in despe..."
Last Reply by
Views: 31,867    Replies: 16
"hi, i live in sydney, australia and have just recently picked up an interest in poi/fire poi. i was wondering if anyone knew of any places in sydney where i could take beginner lessons ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,607    Replies: 1
"Hi GuysI know this may sound like a silly question but do lycra sock poi eventually stretch permanently? The reason I ask is because ive had a pair for around 4 months now and I noticed..."
Views: 2,121    Replies: 0
"Hi,I am writing to you from a company called Uni-versalEXTRAS Ltd. We place people as Extras in TV and Film productions across the UK.For a major new Hollywood Blockbuster, we are looki..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,739    Replies: 3
"I am getting my first set soon i will be making a cathedral wrap head myself still dont know if i should use 2 ft of kevlar or 4 , i wont be able to light them until in older cause my g..."
Last Reply by
Views: 7,249    Replies: 39
"Hi everyoneI have been having problems with some LED Poi that I have - they are the traditional 'ball' shape, I am going to buy these http://www.homeofpoi.com/shop/productDetails/Pair-..."
Last Reply by
Views: 26,951    Replies: 6
"I know poi is a vegetable in Hawaii but thought it was pretty cutehttp://www.squareone.org/Hapa/© 1958Lyrics & Music: R. Alex AndersonPoi for two at the big luauPoi for two, me and you..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,384    Replies: 13
"Any LED spinners, Fire twirlers, or beginners? If you need any help with hooping comment here! There has to be at least SOME hoopers on here! If not I'll help as best as I can, I'm not ..."
Views: 959    Replies: 0
"Im a real good Staffer i know almost all the move's i made up some of my own move's and i get a Fire Staff for my Birth-Day."
Views: 1,131    Replies: 0
"I have Learned all my move's from this website it's an awesome website i would like to post video's of my own Staff move's"
Last Reply by
Views: 4,801    Replies: 10
"Hey guys, I am starting my poi out and I have a few tricks in my arsenal already (weaves, butterfly, a few flowers, corkscrew) but I was just wondering; in doing a performance, what are..."
Page: ...

HOP Newsletter