Forums > Social Chat

Login/Join to Participate
Page: 1...248249250251
Posted: by adamrice
Last Reply: by adamrice
Views: 1555    Replies: 3
"I've mentioned elsewhere that I make firedancing equipment commercially, so I've got a special interest in finding out what works. I have built a simple test rig that allows me to compa..."
Posted: by Robbie
Last Reply: by Anonymous
Views: 3673    Replies: 22
"O.K. I know that this has NOTHING to do with poi, but i'm in desperate need of help. I've recently got dreads put inmy hair, and I was wondering a few things;1-how and can you wash your..."
Last Reply: by gάrbǿ
Views: 1595    Replies: 2
"O.K, sorry, but this is another non-poi subject. I'm sorry but I HAD to know, does ANYONE on this site like old school music? Ice-T, Rappers delight, ANYTHING. PLEASE LET ME KNOW!sighni..."
Posted: by Anonymous
Last Reply: by Simos
Views: 1562    Replies: 7
"How do you put skills together? What is the "long line" of your show like? Do you use characters, themes, stories? When you're not doing freestyle, how do you create a performance? Than..."
Posted: by Sacha
Last Reply: by Sacha
Views: 1905    Replies: 11
"Hey guys, I have been playing my fire toys with Kerosine forever, but lately I have been fire dancing next to the pool at an outside club for some work, and a few older people have been..."
Posted: by Kat
Last Reply: by spiffspiff
Views: 1537    Replies: 8
"Happy New Year EveryoneI was watching a program on here in Japan on New Years day. A guy was twirling a small fire staff between two sticks - anyone know what this is called? Then anoth..."
Posted: by spiffspiff
Views: 1860    Replies: 11
"I'm just curious. How long does it take most people to learn Poi? How long before you could do 5 beat weave? How long before you could do behind the back stuff? How long before you ..."
Posted: by Jo
Last Reply: by dangerboy
Views: 1454    Replies: 2
"Very cool strobe poi for those of you with money...check out this link:http://www.cyberthings.com/java/ffly.htmit's a shame about the price otherwise I would but two of them, wrap the w..."
Posted: by Cooper
Last Reply: by Peregrine
Views: 1070    Replies: 2
"Does anyone out there know of any good martial arts movies one could learn a thing or two for poi from? Or just any old video out there that would give some of us some new insentive to ..."
Posted: by jessejames
Last Reply: by Rain
Views: 4348    Replies: 28
"howdy folksive been a fire bug for some time now and have bee having fun staff poi and clubs for some time ive also been into fire breathing but have always been curios about eating fir..."
Posted: by spiffspiff
Views: 1057    Replies: 6
"how do i make poi that do thishttp://www.juggling.co.nz/images/jason1a.jpg"
Posted: by Chris
Last Reply: by Malcolm
Views: 1362    Replies: 2
"Just watched top of the pops and almost fell off my chair when i saw poi performers during some dance tune called Komodo. It's the first time i've seen poi on tv.Three performers swapp..."
Last Reply: by Pele
Views: 2320    Replies: 19
"Why, why, why is everyone so damn obsessed with fire poi??Am I the only person who is sick to death of showy, smelly, messy, more-trouble-than-it's-worth fire?If I see one more person s..."
Posted: by smitty
Last Reply: by .draevon
Views: 1076    Replies: 4
"hello, currently i am only a back yard fire twirler who needs to get out, i am just wondering if anyone knows when the next moon fest event is on, i am looken on the net and all i can s..."
Posted: by Diana
Views: 2086    Replies: 2
"I was just wondering if there any other older (ie 40yrs+) poi or staff twirlers out there.Live long and prosper "
Posted: by Jo
Last Reply: by Finn
Views: 2150    Replies: 8
"Diana and the Cabiri,you mentioned 'snakes' when talking about clubs, and I've looked for websites. Lots mention them but none actually explain them at all. And if, as you said, Diana..."
Posted: by Pele
Views: 1430    Replies: 3
"So I made my five year old a practise staff from a yard long (little over a metre) dowel rod and duct tape an the ends and as the center grip. Prom and I twirl with practise staves like..."
Posted: by Finn
Views: 1720    Replies: 2
"Hi guys. Can anyone put me in contact with someone who teaches poi in Sydney? Or groups that get together regularly?I've been doing fire poi for about 6 months, mostly on my own. ..."
Posted: by ffirebell
Views: 3402    Replies: 1
"Hey calling all Kiwi's, I'm interested in knowing what all you NZers think of your winter season... wheres the warmer spots, is rain a real bummer.. etc... I've just recieved my NZ citi..."
Posted: by Timmy
Last Reply: by ffirebell
Views: 1392    Replies: 7
"Does any-one else have a pet dog who, every time you poi, thinks that you're being attacked by the dreaded 'swirly things', and rushes to your aid, in fear for your life? Has any-one el..."
Posted: by Chloe
Views: 1086    Replies: 3
"hey glow loving people.Krill lamps are like electronic glowsticks, re-useable, and battery powered!!! All the things that glowsticks aren't, and you don't have to throw them away after ..."
Posted: by poiyort
Views: 1920    Replies: 1
"Any of you poi twirlers out there. Help i need help getting started. See in the us there is not alot of poi. So i was thinkning maybe i could get started a national craze so I need help..."
Posted: by Zeduah
Last Reply: by Zeduah
Views: 2803    Replies: 17
"Hi everyone.... you all seem to be poi pros, so I'm a little nervous about posting on here.... I guess my main concern is whether or not anyone else had trouble coordinating their left ..."
Posted: by poiyort
Views: 2385    Replies: 2
"Any of you poi twirlers out there. Help i need help getting started. See in the us there is not alot of poi. So i was thinkning maybe i could get started a national craze so I need help..."
Posted: by yaku
Last Reply: by jessejames
Views: 4015    Replies: 8
"i'm trying to make a fire staff that i can take travelling with me. this means that i need something that i can fix the wicks on that will slide over a stick i find in the nearest hardw..."
Views: 1518    Replies: 7
"does it take to screw in a lightbulb?"
Posted: by Chris
Last Reply: by Chris
Views: 1322    Replies: 5
"I've been doing poi for a year now and would like to give staff twirling a go. To start with i'll totally be going by the lessons on this site - any tips?I guess the answer to these que..."
Posted: by nomad
Last Reply: by xestrel
Views: 1294    Replies: 5
"Are there any poipeople from Boston or Cambridge MA in this group? I have recently started to spin fire and am wondering where i could do it without being bothered by the police. Cops i..."
Last Reply: by jessejames
Views: 504    Replies: 1
"hey, I've only had my feeble little deads for a few days, and I'm allready loving them."
Posted: by Middeon
Views: 1626    Replies: 6
"If u want to add a bit more pizzazinto your fire routine just wrap a couple of those sparklers u can buy a party stores of super markets in the party sectionaround the wick. wire those ..."
Views: 1193    Replies: 3
"Hey. I know it sounds stupid But when I'm carrying my poi around in my bag they ALLWAYS get really tangled up, and it takes me like 15 mins to untangle them! ! If anyone knows ..."
Views: 4767    Replies: 5
"Maybe this isn't the right place to ask!!I've sensed a little poi vs clubs competition on this site in the past(all playful i hope).So has anyone got any tips for a beginner?I know it q..."
Views: 1435    Replies: 4
"hey someone out there said that you could get kevlar wicking at micheals tried to get some and they didnt stock it said if i wanted to order id have to get the product number if whoever..."
Posted: by Timmy
Last Reply: by simon
Views: 1493    Replies: 6
"If you were teaching some-one (who never has) to poi, where would you start?Tim /|\"
Last Reply: by Robbie
Views: 1382    Replies: 8
"I got poi for x-mas and I'm not toooooo bad, I'm very eager to get onto fire, as I've seen my brother do it and it kicks!! But, I no that you have to be good to do it, so, when can I s..."
Posted: by nomad
Views: 2204    Replies: 2
"Hi everyone!I've been spinning Poi for 4 months now and this is my first post to this list.I own a pair of Zuni poi and tried to spin glow sticks with them in a club. If anybody has eve..."
Posted: by Dimitri
Views: 1540    Replies: 0
"I don't really know who to post this to, but maybe a "workshop" category to go along with the "meet others" category might be helpful. This means instead of trawling through all the nam..."
Posted: by gάrbǿ
Views: 3119    Replies: 0
"Ok was up people. If anyone lives in the south west then you can get small (ie not tank loads) amounts of the solvent SHELLSOL T (recommended by many many people for breathing including..."
Last Reply: by Purple Dragon
Views: 4256    Replies: 10
"So, I'm wondering. How many folx out there have a fire safety regime? Do you have any practices you'd like to share? Thanks,Diana"
Posted: by Simos
Views: 2506    Replies: 16
"i guess this is a question primarily to Malcolm but i am really curious to see what length of chain other people use; basically i have been checking Malcolm's shop out and quite fancie..."
Posted: by etheorum
Views: 1951    Replies: 0
"hey, anybody out there who has or is performing in japan i'd love any tips you've got for getting work etc. travelling there in a few months wanting to teach and perform....... i'm pret..."
Posted: by Kat
Views: 942    Replies: 7
"I love dancing and I love Poi - unfortunately there doesn't seem to be many places to combine both. I know that the Drome in London is pretty Poi friendly. What about compiling a list o..."
Posted: by Pele
Views: 722    Replies: 0
"MOVED"
Posted: by Cooper
Views: 1487    Replies: 0
" Another cool idea I have found, not sure if it is new or not is to use the outdoor hockey balls that glow. These balls that you can use for an alternative for a tennis ball which is al..."
Views: 1783    Replies: 1
"so i was saying in that four poi yikes discussion that i occasionaly tie two staff together and spin like a cross although this is a little intimidating at first the effect is awsome al..."
Posted: by gάrbǿ
Views: 1159    Replies: 2
"COME ON GUYS, someone must know where you can buy the solvent SHELLSOL T in the UK.peace out garbo "
Posted: by sammie
Last Reply: by o-o
Views: 1450    Replies: 4
"I was doin' some research the other day and came across a really cool web site on poi (will post the address later)...it said mid text that women of the maori tribe were sometimes taugh..."
Posted: by Bish_the_Ding
Last Reply: by Kat
Views: 3260    Replies: 20
"It's been more than twice now that I've been asked:' "What do you think about when you spin fire?" And I'm really stuck for an eloquent way of explaining just what goes on in my mind wh..."
Posted: by sammie
Last Reply: by Kat
Views: 2810    Replies: 3
"Anyone know anything about the history of staff, or where to find info??Thanks, and hope y'all had a wicked chrissymas!! "
Posted: by o-o
Views: 2028    Replies: 0
"A friend of mine, who quite enjoys watching fire-throwing as he calls it, and has been a barman for a while, is pretty good at 'flaring'. this is what you've seen in movies such as 'co..."
Page: 1...248249250251