Forums > Social Chat

Login/Join to Participate
Posted: by
Last Reply by
Views: 2,922    Replies: 6
"Hey I spun fire in Taiwan!! I thought there'd be more people into it here cuz of being a travellers mekka and so close to Thailand. Met a couple fire cats who fire breathed and did fire..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,343    Replies: 2
"its my best dj that i have never heard, mostly to dance, its like a psytrance techno, get into his site its www.mauropicotto.com"
Last Reply by
Views: 2,335    Replies: 9
"i want to make a fire poi without leather.my firepoi's handles which i use now are made of polyethylene(maybe).but they aren't stronger than leather andwhile swinging my hands rub again..."
Last Reply by
Views: 11,227    Replies: 25
"So I was reading through some of the threads, discussing safety and clothing and hair and such...I see so many people who have safety protocol from the non-exsistant to discussing the p..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,958    Replies: 2
"after reading the thread "fyre/ fire balls",i was wondering if anyone has any experience with 'contact'.... Could it be done with one of those fire jugglin' balls? cheers, C'a..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,932    Replies: 12
"OK, I've seen a few pics now of people spinning what looks like 3ft wide fire (see some of the pics at this page to see what I'm talking about http://www.infire.at/fotos.htm ). I'm wond..."
Last Reply by
Views: 6,069    Replies: 14
"This video is large, but well worth the download time. It took place at a Yoyo contest. It is in DivX format. which means that you must have windows media player and the DivX codec. the..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,575    Replies: 2
"This message is for the New York spinners around. I am going to NYC next week for wednesday (3/7) to sunday (3/11). Do you guys know where I could spin fire safely? Does anyone want to ..."
Views: 1,591    Replies: 0
"hi,I was wondering whether anyone had seen it cheaper than $30 a litre in and around the Brisbane area?if yes... telling me whereabouts would sate my curiousity =)"
Last Reply by
Views: 2,001    Replies: 6
"Maybe someone who has done multiple weapons training can answer this question for me. Is it better to go practice for an evening and bring three or four toys to play with, or only play ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,508    Replies: 4
"Does anybody know where you can buy nice colourfull non-fire staffs cause mine got knicked.cheers guyspeace out garbo "
Last Reply by
Views: 1,566    Replies: 3
"Yo Yo Boyz n Girlz how is everyone? Was wondering what all you staff twirlers do when you're not doing fire in the context that poiing has glowsticks, beaming poi and bag poi. I have..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,700    Replies: 8
"howdy folksjust wondering what all this talk of spinning torchesive got juggling clubs are these simialer to what you speak ofmine are about 18 inches ive been trying to think about tec..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,608    Replies: 4
"desperately need help, where can i get kevlar or an equivalant in wales or mail order? Please E-ail me if you know, need help."
Views: 1,512    Replies: 0
"The other day I was showing one of my friends how poi works with a set of kite poi I made myself. She has a four year old boy. How watched while I showed her. Well she called me up and ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,226    Replies: 15
"What types of handle do everyone use cause after 5-6 hours of poi at a party or rave I tend to get really bad friction burns which meen I can't carry on.peace outgarbo "
Last Reply by
Views: 1,843    Replies: 5
"Maybe this should go under the subject of "Duh, Diana, look around!", but just I was about to shoot an email off to Malcolm about adding a search function for the discussion only and I ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,405    Replies: 9
"I have not got any krill lights myself, but a local twirler I met has used them for some time evidently. His verdict: don't bother. Why? They break. He's had a couple break on him befor..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,577    Replies: 15
"Hmm, does anyone think we could use a chat room?&lbr;This message has been edited by Alexlexex (edited 25 February 2001).&rbr;"
Last Reply by
Views: 2,758    Replies: 15
"Hmm, does anyone think we could use a chat room?&lbr;This message has been edited by Alexlexex (edited 25 February 2001).&rbr;"
Last Reply by
Views: 1,763    Replies: 15
Last Reply by
Views: 1,531    Replies: 1
"Hey peeps whats up. Well ive got a problem see ive been roping for some time now and i seem to be having alot of trouble going from a 3beat weave to a 5beat weave. If somebody could poi..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,640    Replies: 1
"Wow...Wednesday again already.Camperdown Park, Newtown from 7.30pm tonight. Last week about 15 people plus drummers turned up.All skill levels welcome. Bring bottled water.flash------..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,629    Replies: 3
"Ok, this is more of an open question than anything else... I keep hearing that most burns are from the metal (that holds the wicking or the chain?), and not the flame itslef...That make..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,289    Replies: 7
"hello all,Not long ago i saw someone in the middle of a particularly good staff routine suddenly go into a break-dancing style routine. Does anyone know of any similar moves that can be..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,822    Replies: 6
"I've noticed several people having trouble with blisters recently. I thought Id share something I heard a while back. From what I remember in a controlled study, cadets at West Point w..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,822    Replies: 5
"Once or twice, it was mentioned that a swiffer mop, will work for a decent staff. My question is: Is it sturdy enough to work, I mean will it hold some fully soaked torches, and survi..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,481    Replies: 5
"I am not to sure if this topic has already been posted or whether anyone knows about it cause I haven't checked the page for a while but just to let everybody know that the Drome in Lon..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,768    Replies: 1
"I'm planning on spinning double staffs, but want to know what length to get mine made to.i stand at 5'9".Was thinking about two 4 foot staffs.Will they be too long?If so, what lengths w..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,908    Replies: 11
"how long does the fire last?i haven't lit up yet, as i'm still nailing the back of my head!"
Last Reply by
Views: 8,072    Replies: 2
"any tips for how to wash off kerosene and its odor from fabric and leather? i recently spilled a bunch of it on my leather bag and the interior of my car. yuck! very stinky, very gross...."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,736    Replies: 4
"I'm very interested in poi, fire staffs, and fire breathing,b ut i'm so new to all of it that i don't know where to begin! If anyone has any tips or anything for me i'd be more than gr..."
Last Reply by
Views: 7,780    Replies: 7
"Hi, I am wondering what length I should be looking at for double short staffs. Is there a standard length or is it in relation to the length of your arms? Would someone please be able ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,100    Replies: 8
"Hiburi Kamakura is a Japanese fire-swinging festival. It is held on the night of February 14th, the old Japanese New Year, at Kakunodate, in the province of Akita in Northern Japan. The..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,494    Replies: 6
"Hellooo! So who can tell us about this then>? Josh, i seem to remember you mentioning something about it somewhere.Any ideas? It sounds wicked!!!Oh yeah, the reason why i'm inter..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,679    Replies: 1
"Hi All .. Trying to Find Some Info/ Videos Ect on Liquid Dancing .... Really Look cool ...Plz Email Me If You canc help out ... thks dpreston@mail.sbic.co.za C-ya"
Last Reply by
Views: 3,670    Replies: 2
"I Was wondering if anybody can document poi or any other Fire spinning in Areas that had trade with europe between 400 Ad and 1600 AD Can Anybody Help me? A name of a nbook or a website..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,239    Replies: 4
"I'm going to San Diego the beginning of April for 10 days, (hmm, lucky me ) and i'm wondering what the regulations are like over there (if i try and swing fire on the beach will i get..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,743    Replies: 2
"elloJust thought i'd see if theres any like minded friendly fire dancers i could play with in Bristol?? I think this town needs some spark put into, so if theres any firedancers from Br..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,763    Replies: 2
"At least to me, and it can be spun, swung or balanced. An umbrella. Strip an old umbrella down to the metal frame and attach wicking at ends and cross pieces. Soak and light. I am figur..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,090    Replies: 10
"I have been using fire in other realms of juggling for awhile, but none of them have ever been very dangerous. However, now I'm using poi and I am concerned about getting my arms caugh..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,973    Replies: 6
"well im home now...it took long enough and im all blackened and i am rank with the oder of kero but i had a tops night, thanks for letting us know about it, i had a great night especall..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,971    Replies: 25
"Greetings, I have to say I'm a bit annoyed. No, not annoyed, but dissappointed that so much posting is about tools and technique. I've tried in my own little way to address issues about..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,763    Replies: 3
"what is it, it look so amazing to me it looks as though you attach some firweorks on strings is it... and what do people use to spit out that fire stuff from there mouth's i know its no..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,511    Replies: 2
"If I am correct, meteors are single chains with a ball on each end. Anyone know where to learn it or a website with moves. Anyone ever try it, was it fun? Y/N"
Last Reply by
Views: 3,083    Replies: 10
"cmon guys, you said be in camperdown park in newtown wednesday night. grnated i was late by an hour( the pub was buissy) but no one was there....so i stood out in the poreing rain all o..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,749    Replies: 2
"i've looked at the videos and what is it that makes it a 5 beat, and im not to sure on how to do it any info on the move?."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,047    Replies: 2
"so i have just bought myself a new pair of pois, but they have handles with double fingerholes. up until now my pois had only one hole, and i let the entire thing rotate around my finge..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,920    Replies: 5
"HEY ALL POI'ERS .IM HAVIN TROUBLE LEARNING TO DO THE WEAVE BHIND THE BACK. IVE BEENPOI'ING 4 OVER A YEAR BUT THIS MOFO OF A MOVE HAS PERPLEXED ME FOR MONTHS...CAN ANY ONE HELP ?????C..."
Views: 1,834    Replies: 0
"Hey, right i think this might be more Australia based. There is a ad for kaluiha currently on the box, of this bloke doing an amzing very fluid dance, the thing i'm intrested in though ..."

HOP Newsletter