Forums > Social Chat

Login/Join to Participate
Posted: by
Views: 1,329    Replies: 0
" who's going to PVD or Emerson, i would like to meet some of u to see some more intricate stuff, i am good but i can only learn so much on my own "
Last Reply by
Views: 2,324    Replies: 19
"Poi is somthing newly discovered by me, I took it up as somthing I could claim gracefulness to,I am quite a clumsy person.No body else did it so it made me feel good. A Boy in my area w..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,884    Replies: 7
"i promised myself i wouldn't post random thoughts without a question to ask, but i just had to show off for a minute! i figured you guys'd understand, anyway. so....last night a frien..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,751    Replies: 12
"As alot of you know I took up sword swallowing and was making good progress. The end of last week I went to try to swallow more than a foot. My gag reflex kicked into high gear. This is..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,852    Replies: 6
"There is an article posted further down this forum concerned with a group of people called the League against Poi. Some people seem to be concerned with this or don't understand. The ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,773    Replies: 1
"Hope this isn't Board-Abuse, if it is *lashings* of apologies all round ...Just wanted to know who from the .ZA crowd is going to Rustlers this Easter ? It would be cool to put some fac..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,164    Replies: 15
"Sup people..I cannot tell you how bad-ass it is to have found this web page!!I had never been to a rave, just a few clubs here and there. So I had seen a few people throwing some string..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,565    Replies: 4
"Ok... I was thinking about the various discussions of weights... like that lightsticks are lighter and longer. And of people adding lead to their fire poi for even more weight.So... wha..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,083    Replies: 3
"Hey, I was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of a site devoted to Liquid club dancing, this is an awesome site, I think it would be great to add a section devoted to t..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,401    Replies: 1
"well thanx for the fwd weave to bkwd weave, but how do u do fwd weave while turning 360 (i.e. do fwd weave 'n' turn 360 while fwd weaving. when u complete the turn, ur still fwd weavei..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,597    Replies: 6
"all i want 2 know is how the hell do you turn 180 degrees and do the fwd weave!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!thanx in advance!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Views: 1,482    Replies: 0
"On Jan. 18th of this year, I put in an on-line order for some krill lights (battery powered glow stix) from the Kriana Corporation. They were pretty expensive, but I liked the idea of n..."
Views: 1,056    Replies: 0
"MOVED"
Last Reply by
Views: 2,014    Replies: 8
"Hey all,My girlfriend and I will be travelling to Burning Man this year. I'm wondering how many of the HOP'ers will be in attendence...I'm also wondering what the level of twirling is l..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,428    Replies: 5
"Alright, so we have covered ages, how long we've been spinning, and injuries. I want to add to this fun little list...what has/have been your most embarrassing moments while spinning?I'..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,518    Replies: 8
"Has anyone ever tried this? If so, was it any good?"
Last Reply by
Views: 2,668    Replies: 6
"Hey, I know their's bound to be some sort of posting already on here, with info on the fountain... but i'm too lazy to find it, and might as well start a new topic. So NEwayz... i under..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,237    Replies: 7
"Iono bout everyone else, but in my opinion i really stink at this. Recently, we had a county wide dance for all the high schools in our area, and my friends were all like "go ahead! sho..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,360    Replies: 5
"Just to anyone who read the message "anoying" (simos i know you did). Just like to clear it up that that was not me and was possibly someone using a computer where my password had been ..."
Views: 1,973    Replies: 2
"Can you change the meet others database to include England, Scotland, Wales amd Northern Ireland as the UK please? We're still the same country whatever anyone thinks, do this or change..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,836    Replies: 7
"I am having a really hard time atm. I have upset someone who used to be really close to me and she is spreading really nasty rumours about me. All my old friends are hearing them and be..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,122    Replies: 6
"Hey All,Kate and I have started a regular fire meetup mainly concentrating on Poi swinging, from 8pm every Thursday night til 10 or later (depending on how tired we all are) on Henley B..."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,350    Replies: 5
"Does anyone know how to spin with fabric flags or banners which are weighted? Is this still considered poi or is there a whole new name for this? I just saw a couple guys spinning wit..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,692    Replies: 9
"...and just when i finally thought i figured out what Poi is really about i came across this; i wonder if there's any connection; check out this link if you are really bored : http://..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,000    Replies: 1
"I was playing around a bit tonite with my meteor...which I hadn't picked up in ages. I took off one of the wicks and started flinging it around like a *really* long poi (over 4 feet lon..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,735    Replies: 3
"My big sister just got herself some Poi. So, I'm hoping that when she goes home she (and I) will kick ass at Poi and be able to spin some fire together. I'm sure that the rest of the fa..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,593    Replies: 8
"i have just built myself some nice new staff from al pole, but it just occured to me that fire can get quite warm and that a handle would not do me any harm.now what can i use? i though..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,934    Replies: 4
"My system is kind of slow, so when the animations were loading they did so frame by frame. This was actually easier to learn from. Then watching it anitmated showed me what it looks lik..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,131    Replies: 18
"ok, in advance, i am sorry for all the people who read this and dont like it,sorry if i wasted ur time.to the people who finish it, thankyou in advance.reciently (yesterday) my girlfrei..."
Views: 1,530    Replies: 0
"I dont know how many of you are familiar with the movie Groove, but i saw it for the first time today and it made for a really good movie about raves. Anyway there was a song on there b..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,909    Replies: 5
"OK, Am performing at this event with glow sticks. They don't have lack lights (UV) so I was wondering if it was at all possible to break open the glow stick and pour the liquid on to a ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,291    Replies: 2
"I know at least some of you people have heard of Dune... UK duo that was really big in 95' and 96' &lbr;but continue to impress&rbr;Well what do you think of their music and for twirlin..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,638    Replies: 5
"A few days ago a club swinger a my local circus skills club showed me a move i've not seen before,,,,,,the under the leg weave.Wasn't too sure how well known this move is but it looks p..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,569    Replies: 16
"But I am excited and I thought I would share t with you all since everyone else thinks I am nuts...I recently took up sword swallowing...or trying it at least...and I managed to get jus..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,776    Replies: 6
"Proposal: New discussion group.Why: I like to talk with people that have similar interest, but not necessarily about that interest. Maybe the Mod's could create a new group based on tru..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,242    Replies: 6
"This is my first new topic so i hope someone reads it but i am slightly concerned about members of the public gasping in awe about being able to juggle. I believe that any person who wa..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,915    Replies: 5
"Im looking for a flag pattern or instructions on how to make "flags". I've only seen them in a performance once and didn't get the chance to actually hold one in my hand. The image has ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,817    Replies: 1
"Was trying to figure out a way to spin in my space-limited apartment last night and picked up a pair of white athletic socks to spin. They were a bit light, so I put a 2$ coin in each o..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,895    Replies: 7
"HELLO!! I'd like to introduce myself to my newfound family. I admit that I have not read the message board much at all. Just wanted to get my first post out there, and express my newfou..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,234    Replies: 4
"I nailed the weave after two days of trying . Back, front, and still working on the turn. Now comes the real hard part, I'm sure. How does one go about putting it all together? I can do..."
Last Reply by
Views: 6,260    Replies: 6
"I'm interested in taking a couple of firestick/poi lessons for an article I'm writing. Does anyone know of somebody who fits the bill? The main requirements are that the lessons take ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,881    Replies: 10
"found great fire screensaver at this sitehttp://beautifulsavers.efront.com/"
Last Reply by
Views: 2,004    Replies: 2
"Hey folks,I tried to find the thread about how to post pics in the discussion forum, but can;t find it. Can someone refresh my memory?------------------Earth my body, water my blood, ai..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,001    Replies: 2
"Hi,Since the drome has close we are still having trouble finding a new permanent venue for the juggling/twirling workshops.The next workshop will be held atThe ArchesOn the corner ofSou..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,576    Replies: 4
"i had an idea a few days ago- are there any jumproping moves that would somehow work with poi? i havent been able to find any good sites, but it was just a fun thought..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,240    Replies: 10
"At what point do you start your 90 deg. turn on a forward weave? Thanks in advance!SC~"
Last Reply by
Views: 2,305    Replies: 8
"I'm wondering who out there does fire only in your performances and who adds other media. I'm not really talking about fire and UV, per se. I mean spinning with acrobatics or theater or..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,230    Replies: 1
"Greetings fellow fire freaks, and glo-freaks... The plexiglass glo tubes... got them at store specializing in plastics... the tube is 3/4inch diameter, 1/2 inch on the inside, usually c..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,084    Replies: 4
"Apologies! This post is identical to that posted in "new moves ..."I'm a mesomorph, 75 kgs, 1.8m tall with a stocky build. Now although I can smack people upside the head with a fully l..."
Last Reply by
Views: 9,145    Replies: 15
"Has anyone used or purchased fire juggling balls? I'm thinking of purchasing them but at 100 bucks I'd like to hear from someone with experience with them...Thanks"

HOP Newsletter