Forums > Social Chat

Login/Join to Participate
Posted: by
Last Reply by
Views: 2,837    Replies: 1
"Brief quote from: http://www.stuff.co.nz/inl/index/0,1008,740150a10,FF.html quote:Aircraft held up by flaming poi 09 April 2001Two women held up air traffic and sparked a major callout..."
Last Reply by
Views: 17,465    Replies: 29
"Does anyone know of a hair gel that is fire-resistant? Or do you have some other suggestions about concoctions to coat ones hair with?Water is fine on a warm mid-summer night, but the ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,354    Replies: 4
"helloi'm a beginner currently based in london.does anyone know of any poi clubs?bekgodwin@yahoo.co.uk"
Last Reply by
Views: 2,190    Replies: 1
"It would be great if we could set up a regular meet in nottingham, I no there,s loads of spinners around town and it'd be great to meet up in a park somewhere & swap skills etc...Me & b..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,282    Replies: 2
"Greetings everyone! I thought I would introduce myself and such. I am on the cusp of diving into this art. I have become entranced by the flames.. I've read some of the posts and have..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,864    Replies: 1
"Recipe for great (cheap) stilts: Some aluminium doorframe from th scrapyard, 4 shelf brackets, foam rubber, gaffer tape (of course!), a bit of wooden planking to make footplate, 8 5 inc..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,775    Replies: 6
"yea, we have very sacred rituals before we start spinning. we start out with your average ritualistic animal sacrifice. usually an elephant, but sometimes we can't get one so we use a..."
Views: 1,970    Replies: 3
"a little while ago, there was a clip from a fight scene from episode 2 posted on the "home" page of this site.. it is still up some where? is there a link to it some one knows? thnx----..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,520    Replies: 4
"Hello everybody.As most of you have probably noticed i'm new to the board, so here's the traditional boring biography: I'm 19 and a second year college student who has been twirling ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,060    Replies: 2
"I need advice on what to charge for performances. Things like group and solo rates, hourly, daily and long term rates. Extra charges for eating and breathing fire. Danger pay. Percentag..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,560    Replies: 9
"I love poi! And am getting pretty good, I have the butterfly, and weave down, and the behind the back butterfly, but I cant get the mexican wave, and am working on the rest. Also, rece..."
Views: 589    Replies: 0
"MOVED"
Last Reply by
Views: 2,468    Replies: 7
"I just got back from a trip to Vegas. I saw both Cirque du Soleil show, 0 and Mystere. I saw a show a while back, Allegria. I knew I'd see something good, but I didn't think they'd blow..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,225    Replies: 3
"hey in cirque du soleil's alegria there is apparently a guy who manipulates fire knives. has anyone here seen alegria and if so, how is the fire dance? given that it is cirque du sole..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,700    Replies: 2
"I feel so Siskel and Ebert....Anyway, I just received the LED poi kit that I won from the little contest thing that Malcolm had going. A week or so ago I received the set of fire poi th..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,866    Replies: 19
"When do you think political correctness or these new no tolerance laws cross the line and go too far?------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,295    Replies: 21
"ok im reely interested in finding out how many different fire toys there are.i mean everyone knows about poi satff ans double staff, but i want to find another toy to start up, one that..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,795    Replies: 6
"My friends and i want to take some pictures of us at night spinning Glowsticks. i know this a pretty lame question, but are there anytips or tricks to photographing someone spinning? Fi..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,112    Replies: 6
"has anyone jumped rope (skipped) with a flamin skipping rope... if so what did you use as rope...cotton rope works for a couple of burns but like its badly woven kevlar parter it detero..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,283    Replies: 4
"has anyone tried strapping on rollerblades and cruis'n up and down the street whilst spinn'n the flames around....it makes for good fun and using the momentum of the poi you can do some..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,769    Replies: 5
"i prefer to call them "sish kebab".anyway,how many people out there spin this wicked tool???i love them!!!no water can put out this fire..........."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,370    Replies: 15
"k. there's a recipe for making whips on this page http://www.csu.edu.au/faculty/arts/commun/cycle/manual/fire/whips.htmthe design has a major flaw. the rope will wick fuel up into the h..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,110    Replies: 12
"I plan to soon start a business making and selling recumbent trikes, bicycle trailers , fire/UV/LED stuff, unicycles and... stilts. The stilts should retail at around $180 Australian ....."
Views: 1,563    Replies: 0
"Anyone interested in meeting up in Toronto in July???I know firefly, spryte and possibly jessejames are in the area. Also I remember farie firebell mentioning being in TO in July, which..."
Views: 1,604    Replies: 2
"Yo Malcolm I would like to buy a set of fire poi from your shop, but I not sure which set to get, I have done fire once and I have practiced with for 8 months with the comet poi , I th..."
Views: 2,699    Replies: 0
"hey all, we've been given a brief for my graphci design course, to do a contempory magazine on whatever topic we want, i'm considering fire/underground scene/drum'n'bass...ec. if theres..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,708    Replies: 6
"well it has been a while when i twirlled with fire ( fucking australian fire bans)and i had some kero left iso i thought nothing could of made the kero worse (in taste) I WAS WRONG YUK ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,763    Replies: 3
"I'm probably missing something here but what exactly is the difference between the corkscrew and the horizontal mexican wave ?? They look so similar - I can't work out how/if they dif..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,205    Replies: 2
"Hi all,I'm looking for suggestions as to where we can move our thursday night fire twirling jam now that the wetter weather is approaching...We dont want to have to stop fire twirling o..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,144    Replies: 29
"I'm moody too and right now feeling insecure so...I was wondering if you ever get stage fright? I get horrible stage fright. I shake and cry and everything the night before. It's why I ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,243    Replies: 16
"Does anyone else worry about the environmental damage caused by burning all this fossil fuel and dropping oil derivitives on the ground? I know I do. It doesnt keep me awake at night or..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,766    Replies: 1
"Hey, i'm teaching one of my friends all that I know &lbr;not much&rbr; about swinging and he's progressed quite far in 2 days &lbr;Knows everyting i do, just hits himself more than i do..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,161    Replies: 2
"Apart from being arrogant, verbose, opinionated and a virgo, I am also very shallow, so I don't mind admitting that the only reason I got into fire twirling was to meet girls !!Just bef..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,977    Replies: 3
"Ever get the feeling that this is the beta version of Reality(tm) !?I get it all the time ...When I die and go to heaven (I'll be in a lot of poo, believe me), I just have to ask the Al..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,092    Replies: 1
"I've been away from the sight for a little while but back with more questions. These multi-beat moves are, you guessed it, kicking my ass. When attempting the 5 beat weave, I wind up al..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,367    Replies: 10
"AHGHARH god dammitwe were meant to do a fire twirling performance with staff at our school social but weve been told no fireahgrhthey allow glowsticks thoughhow many 5 inch glowsticks w..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,277    Replies: 21
"wow!i just realized something about myself...so, my friend just sent me an mp3 of one of the newer madonna songs: do you know what it feels like for a girl.and i'm like, ooooh! i could ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,903    Replies: 15
"yes another one, in on a roll toinght.i wanted to know what people wear when playing with fire, either when performing or when practising, as when performing you want to look good.. and..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,004    Replies: 13
"hi everybody!i'm travilling a lot and never got in trouble,at customs,with my firetools.i use as well nun-chaku&lbr;chinise fighting weapon&rbr;as single and double so i could get in tr..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,042    Replies: 15
"Hey hey, someone mentioned it earlier I think, but I couldnt find it... Ive started practicing rollerblading and twirling together, I was wondering if anyone else had combined anything ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,585    Replies: 2
"A friend of mine in LA was waiting in the ER waiting area with his friend when a kid was brought in with third degree burns on his body. It seems the kid was trying to do some fire brea..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,572    Replies: 2
"Since I am new here and to poi swinging in general I thought I would post how I have created a different looking set of poi's, practise poi's, will get around to making one with tails i..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,435    Replies: 2
"heard that adding chemicals such as copper chloride to your fuel changes the colour of the flame.does anyone know of a place where i can obtain such chemicals?cheers all. "
Last Reply by
Views: 3,652    Replies: 1
"Okay peoples,Seeings as theres some secret society banter going around, I thought I should weigh in and explain the concept behind the International Fire Registry (IFR) and the FIRETWIR..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,636    Replies: 7
"I'm finally here!! what a great place All thats missing is a few friendly poi types to hook up with, anyone interested??I'm staying in Kings Cross (surprise surprise) so if anybody ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,093    Replies: 1
"when is the new database going up?"
Last Reply by
Views: 1,558    Replies: 4
"hi,I was feeling real sick and a bit down today - but come this evening I was great. I was listening to the Petshop Boys of all things (I'm not a big fan at all), and this drumbeat in ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,089    Replies: 4
"for special events i do my fireshows on 3.5 feet(ca.1.2 meter)stilts.who else has the experience being a "hugh" fireperformer???keep the fire burning..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,050    Replies: 2
"My question is can you take glowsticks on plains or does the pressure do anything to them. I’m going on holiday to see my dad in Spain, its my first holiday in 2 years, I have been a ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,467    Replies: 19
"We were scheduled to headline a charity show in April to benefit the Girls Scouts of America Central New York Division. I was once a girl scout so I thought it'd be nice to give back an..."

HOP Newsletter