Forums > Social Chat

Login/Join to Participate
Posted: by
Last Reply by
Views: 2,659    Replies: 11
"Just posting this to say hi guys, whats happening, wikid cool, hmm...i shouldn't dissapear too long apparently i seem to have lost everyone? bet ya don't remember me! huh, so it's been ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,167    Replies: 6
"This is sorta mushy, sorry.I was recently talking with my buddy Allin. We had this discussion about all the problems with our world- violence, pollution, etc. And we got on the topic ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 7,748    Replies: 34
"Ok here's a question for the masses.What's your all time favorite movie and why???Some one once told me that the movies we enjoy tell us a lot about eachothers personalities, well, if y..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,150    Replies: 6
"Seems as though a lot of people lit up right off the bat! Seems surprising to me. I was wondering how many people out there did NOT light up right away, and in fact, waited until they w..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,809    Replies: 4
"Belated Fire in the Hole reviewAmazing scenic drive through the blue mountains...in the driving rain We got to the turn off for the party, and found...a locked Gate...nobody around, a..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,742    Replies: 7
"This is my first post. I've been reading, with interest, a lot of the posts here for the last couple of months and after some prompting (from Flash fire, Finn and Frenzie) decided to pi..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,852    Replies: 12
"This is a "how do you do a move" question. O.k., the move is the one that is described under the "sent-in moves" section of the "poi lessions" section. It is the one about creating a ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,851    Replies: 2
"Ok, So the Martian and I spun for about 4 hours last night with some poeple I know at school. there were about 6 of us all spinning at the same time it was just, just, sigh.... It was ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,822    Replies: 9
"1. 2nd degree Sunburns and hot water don't mix...at all.2. You know that old wives tale about tea taking the sting out of burns? It's a myth. (hey I am desperate here )3. Practicing fir..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,751    Replies: 17
"Hey all,I would like to relate a thing that happened to me this weekend and get your opinions/thoughts:On saturday a few of the Sydney twirlers and I went to an inner-city street festiv..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,295    Replies: 8
"Well..when I made my homemade set of poi, I didn't think they were heavy enough to swing around and be able to do tricks..so I came up with an ingenious(don't think so now) idea of plac..."
Last Reply by
Views: 977    Replies: 1
"'alo.I would rate myself an intermediate twirler. I got most 'o 'dose tricks down, a nice progression that I call my "own", and the ability to keep what I think is a consistently intere..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,946    Replies: 4
"Ok so its not poi......but I was watching the American Comedy Awards and this girl was twirling this stick and ribbon thing (I dont know what its called in Gymnastics) Well anyway....It..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,019    Replies: 14
"Hi all,I wanted to share some thoughts now that I'm home and the ECSP is over.I might be blind but.... did anything go wrong during this weekend? As far as i'm concerned, the drive thro..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,095    Replies: 2
"Hey Malcolm,I was wondering If in the vidios for the Compilation, Do you want Insruction, or just Mad Fire Spinning? I can do both, or I can just send some moves on fire. Also What is t..."
Views: 1,067    Replies: 2
"I have 2 questions......1st...How do we submit videos?2nd...this saturday im gonna have a little get together, and we plan on making a video. Were going to have 6 of us up on chairs doi..."
Views: 2,313    Replies: 10
"My zuni poi arrived two days ago, much quicker than i expected, and from the go they were pretty cool..Look great, made an awesome sound, and didn't hurt nearly as bad as glowsticks whe..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,216    Replies: 2
"i was soooo happy tonight. i went to a friend's birthday party and i had brought my strings with me as i have been bringing them everywhere with me recently. and my friend's little sist..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,755    Replies: 1
"Last night we had the first spin meet in Nottingham. At the time of meeting a big storm came up. There was loads of thunder and lightening and fire going on. Only a few turned out cos o..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,306    Replies: 3
"HOOOOOOOOOLD Ooooon.I prematurely posted..This was suspose to be a list of three small Smart-ass jokes...The prisoner one: and two others...Granted the prisoner one was a little touchy,..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,355    Replies: 13
"Last night I was at a hanami party. For those of you who don't know about hanami, it translates as 'flower viewing' and involves groups of people gathering underneath the cherry blossom..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,956    Replies: 14
"Prisons:Did you know that it costs forty thousand dollars a year to house eachprisoner? Jeez, for forty thousand bucks a piece, I'll take a few prisonersinto my house. I live in Los Ang..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,644    Replies: 7
"Anyone planning on attending Burning Man this year?"
Last Reply by
Views: 1,266    Replies: 6
"It has come to my attention (unfortunately) that there is such a thing as greedy firetwirlers. Perhaps not heaps - but one does come to mind! Have you ever done a gig 'through' someon..."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,460    Replies: 5
"G.F. Mars said something about the MTv campus raid where they throwing out those bouncy balls that light up when they bounce...Very interesting because my friend and i were just discuss..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,036    Replies: 7
"ok, i finally got my first pair of comet poi in the mail this week, i dig the tail, its a ton of fun. only problem is that since mine is white and pink, (the tail being white) i cant d..."
Last Reply by
Views: 6,392    Replies: 14
"My girlfriend and I are getting ready to make a set of fire poi, and we're looking at various aspects of construction. One of these is ball chain.At http://www.crossroads.net/a/writing..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,068    Replies: 1
"Hi I was just wondering how many people on here go to the new drome on tuesdays? It opened last tuesday and it was brilliant. There was a wicked vibe cannot wait until next tuesday.Jez"
Last Reply by
Views: 2,099    Replies: 1
"Hey pele. you said you get 5+ burns out of your towel wicks. Im curious of how you make them.I wrap some cotton wool around wire. then roll the cotton wool/wire in some towel. the wire..."
Views: 1,488    Replies: 0
" L.A. Poiers where art thou?!?I'm from NY (from France but living in NY)but I'll be in L.A. from April 30th to May 6th. I'd like to go spin with some L.A. poiers on the beach (Malibu? L..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,781    Replies: 5
"hey everybody, i just cut a hole in my forehead with my staff. just thought id share .DRAKE"
Views: 1,274    Replies: 0
"Yo-Yos! I'm encouraging people that yo-yo to try out poi, so I thought I'd try to get some people to yo-yo. It's really fun and looks incredible when you really get into it! You can (..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,506    Replies: 11
"Heya, I heard about a poi meet or something on the 21st in Sydney and I'm heaps interested. I got about 3-4 ppls here who are pretty much into the whole firedancing field and are pretty..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,078    Replies: 3
"What with Drake and another recent posting about injuries, I thought I would join the fray and announce my first injury was last night.While I was spinning with my fire poi (unlit). I m..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,421    Replies: 4
"Im pretty new to glowsticking, but im getting pretty good fast, but im not gonna be able to go to the next level if i dont get some tips from people who are already at that level...so i..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,420    Replies: 9
"I was wondering what the proper clothing would be for fire twirling. Obviously, if I wear something loose, I could become a human fireball. So, I should probably wear something close to..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,071    Replies: 3
"hehe, i was just starting to get good, when the fish anchor line i had been using for poi strings broke all over the place last night! :-) I ordered zuni poi but now i have to wait like..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,221    Replies: 15
"Where was it? How did it feel? who was there? was there music playing?Me, Goa last year with all the Israelis after Anjuna Market at the Shore Bar.... El Nino ( Oakenfold live at Cream ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,828    Replies: 5
"Hey Everyone,I'm new here and new in this wonderful world of poi. I have been yo-yoing for 4 years or so (I'm 15 now) and I saw some poi at the Michigan state yo-yo championships for 20..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,043    Replies: 26
"okay, this is stemming from talljuggler's post in the religeon thread. he said that he read somewhere that most fire spinners fall into one of four groups: punk-rockers, ravers, goth, ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,339    Replies: 7
"Hi,I was just wondering who thought that watching (or doing the spinning) super fast looks better or somehow is better than spinning more slowly and gracefully? I noticed after busking..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,462    Replies: 2
"i just dusted off my pair of stilts to try to figure out how to use them and I discovered that i have forgotten vertually everything about how to use them. i was so so scared trying the..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,131    Replies: 9
"i was wondering what you guys beieve to be the best way to treat a burn. I have been playing with fire for many years now and have never really gotton anything more than a light smudge...."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,234    Replies: 1
"Jo Derry!!! Are you out there? I am trying to send you an e-mail to ask you a question but I keep getting delivery errors. Is the e-mail address for you that is posted on this websit..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,727    Replies: 1
"What about a West Coast Gathering? I am in the Bay Area and would love to gather with some spinners on the beach with a bonfire.. ect."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,444    Replies: 4
"hey, this afternoon i got my comet poi (hell yeah, they are hella cool) and i was outside in my backyard and my little 9 year old cousin came out and had a go. it was sooo cute. yeah ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,589    Replies: 13
"Does anyone know of a tried and tested design for attatching magnesiun ribbon to a wick.Im hoping to use some in a set of towel wicks, so that at the end of my routine, they ignite, i c..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,870    Replies: 9
"I have yet to hear of this done. I made my own fire sword and then watched star wars again and got the idea of having one double sided. It is 8 feet long making it a little difficult to..."
Views: 1,401    Replies: 0
"Hi all. I would like to take the time to officially thank my Poi! I went on a cruise ship last night. I havent been on a boat since I was very little, but I thought I would dig it cause..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,025    Replies: 2
"does anyone know about passing? you know like dipping a finger into the fuel(what kind is best?) and drawing a line on your belly and then lighting it with another finger. hopefully it ..."

HOP Newsletter