Forums > Social Chat

Login/Join to Participate
Posted: by
Last Reply by
Views: 1,503    Replies: 4
"Pele, you mentioned doing wraps with fire.. How on earth with four wicks do you manage to keep from burning yourself?"
Views: 939    Replies: 0
"Adam... you posted pics of the split rings earlier, right?I have a purely selfish request if you have the time and inclination.... could you (would you) post pics of your ball-chain poi..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,011    Replies: 1
"Sup all?I just dug through a few of my music videos; I have a few of Aphex Twins vids. I never noticed it before, because I didnt twirl then, but I was watching it, and the beginning of..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,620    Replies: 7
"everyone on this board is a Pyro...or an in the closet pyro. Always wanting to light something on fire and then spin it...Im not a doctor, i just play one on the internet.Super' -------..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,680    Replies: 12
"i tried to hook up with peolpe in toronto.nobody responded to my mails.somebody had the same experience?"
Last Reply by
Views: 1,804    Replies: 12
"OK,not that it aplies to many people (but some people have shown interest in the subject in the past).I thought I would let everyone know that The Drome in london, having been moved fro..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,570    Replies: 3
"a few days ago i posted a topic on a small project that i was doing... finding the forces in poi.. i have just posted the first draft of it so go take a look, if you want to use it you ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,757    Replies: 1
"This is a shout out to people that have been regular posters in the New Moves room.The last week or so, there has been many new moves and combos generated and thrown around. I have been..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,947    Replies: 20
"Hey guysto anyone who has double headed wicks, I request a moment of your time.Do you have two wicks screwed onto on a longer piece of metal piping or do you have two smaller wicks (lik..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,363    Replies: 3
"hey all new zealanders.i heard a rumour of a wicked festival called the gathering, taking place over new years.wondered if anyone had any info or links.would be much appreciated as i'm ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,805    Replies: 8
"Again this is a joke...(or is it) <<Super' put little finger to corner of mouth>>1st we must state that women require Time & Money: Women= TIme x MoneyWe all know that Tim..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,609    Replies: 1
"hey folks!A friend of mine is making home made bean bag juggling balls by the mountain ful and wants to sell them.Does anyone know if theres any rules about where they can be sold eg on..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,130    Replies: 4
"Ok, ive been gathering all the goods, and i have everything i need now to do sparkly poi. But my question is this......i have steel wool, and latern fuel...but how long should i soak t..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,212    Replies: 5
"Hi, I have been performing with fire for several years now. I use fire poi, fans, fingers, and staff. I also do fire eating and a little blowing when the mood strikes me. I am now wanti..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,681    Replies: 2
"congrats you have just hit the BIG 600 posts .... yay and well done for adding 600!! whole, innovative posts to this board"
Last Reply by
Views: 2,313    Replies: 9
"recently i was trying to findout the forces acting on my arms while doing my poi and after looking through 1000000000's of books i found the info, to my dismay i then found that the inf..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,119    Replies: 5
"I have been doing Poi now for about 3 weeks, and I've learnt quite a lot of the technical moves but im having trouble flowing everything together!!What is the best way to learn the ryth..."
Last Reply by
Views: 827    Replies: 2
"I just found someone that can string with me and i was wondering if anyone had moves for tandoms."
Views: 1,791    Replies: 0
"Heya all, I just though I would let everyone know, just in case you didnt already about the chat room. If you go in there, and you are the only one, you might not be the only one! Since..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,126    Replies: 3
"> ***** JOKE: Cybersex **********> > Wellhung: Hello, Sweetheart. What do you look like?> > Sweetheart: I am wearing an expensive red silk> blouse, a black> leather..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,721    Replies: 10
"Just wondered what people thought of the use of chain vs the use of cable poi(in terms of speed and tricks).... "
Last Reply by
Views: 9,926    Replies: 23
"i made some accordian style kevlar wicks and practiced a bit w/ them before the first soak. bits of the yarn it's made of started to unravel from it. is there a way to curb the unraveli..."
Views: 1,397    Replies: 0
"I have been asked to have my troupe perform in Belgium. Does any body know how to go about this? Do I need a work permit? Can I skirt around that by instead of charging a fee just askin..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,183    Replies: 6
"lo allhi i was wondering if anybody has any thoughts on weights of practice poi.i have just changed my tennis ball string for heavy weight chain(dog choke chain) and i have found this t..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,038    Replies: 3
"oh... im sorry if you get the wrong idea, this post is about poi.when dipping howlong do you leave the heads in the fuel, as i just dip quick rather than leave it 4 20 mins, i have a fe..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,518    Replies: 7
"Ive just started to light my poi and on my second run lost concentration and smacked myself on the head giving myself a rather attractive new fringe. in practice i never learnt to stop..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,735    Replies: 8
"There's been some discussion about use of keyrings with fire equipment before. I've got two sets of wicks that I made a while ago using keyrings as the attachment rings.As others have w..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,266    Replies: 5
"these are usually pretty lame but this one was quite impressive..>>> >DON'T CHEAT BY SCROLLING DOWN FIRST! >>> >It only takes about a minute....... >>> ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,378    Replies: 3
"Take the question for what it's worth, loaded or unloaded! And yes, I know I'm getting one started here!!!Oh, and technically speaking, I spin mine out, and do a few good downward ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,552    Replies: 12
"Okay.. I care about my hair. So.. the twirling thing looks like A) alot of pratice needed B) chanses of burning my hair look pretty high. (so I'm a chick.. sue me..) But i was in color..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,753    Replies: 1
"Hey all, I've been mucking about with juggling balls lately, and I remember seeing a Java juggler once...I think it will be useful - if anyone else wants to see it, it can be found here..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,938    Replies: 1
"I just started poi about a month ago, the ones i have been practising on so far have been tennis balls on rope, becaseu of the rope i have been holding the ring in the top with my middl..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,971    Replies: 10
"Alright, i saw a video last night of a guy using some sparkling poi, and let me tell you, thats the coolest thing ive seen in quite some time!! ( http://www.incendium.org/main.htm ) th..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,781    Replies: 5
"Is there a video in which a wrap is being done? I wanna learn one but have never seen it and think that would help. Anyone? What exactly is being done? Thanks."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,240    Replies: 10
"HEY HEY ALL.just done my first fire breath and fire staff session today. Had a pretty big poi meet on my road with some friends (photos on the way )love to fire breath now. i'm we..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,004    Replies: 7
"lo all this is my first post so plese be easy with mei first picked up a pair of poi about 7 hrs ago(brother in law just come back fron australia)ive just finished making some training ..."
Views: 2,063    Replies: 2
"I have seen many plans on how to build stilts but does any one know of a good place to buy stilts where they don't cost thousands of dollars?------------------Oh LordForge me in the fir..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,616    Replies: 7
"Hi All!I'm travelling to Byron next weekend; be there on the saturday night of the 19th...I was wondering if anyone knows of any fire meets, or if anyone wanted to hook up? My girlfrien..."
Views: 1,280    Replies: 0
"hey gang,well, i've officially begun my workd tour (laugh), and am in taipei. if anyone out there know of any promoters/contacts of people who may be interested in fire performances, co..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,044    Replies: 2
"Hey All!At this point, myself and four other HOP members will be meeting up in Byron Bay this weekend for a spin and catchup, and I was wondering if anyone in the area (I know there are..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,573    Replies: 1
"Hi Diana,Does your fire dance troop ever perform in Southern Cal? You can email me at ecology1st@netzero.net if you would like to let me know. Also do you know of any other fire dance t..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,097    Replies: 2
"Just thought I'd let everyone know that we had our first West Central Florida Poi Meet today! It went great...got to spin for a couple hours jamming(or attempting to) to tunes that were..."
Views: 1,783    Replies: 1
"Hey man, I got the replacement zuni strings and the metal strings in the mail a couple of days ago. All i can say is..wow. Thanks man, it's more than i was hoping for, you definetly ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,782    Replies: 8
"well it isnt poi at all reather irrelevant really but i was reading malcolm's chat topic, and there are a lot of users that use systems other than (the evil) windows.i use a mac and pc ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,818    Replies: 2
"anyone know any good fire jokes? my troupes ringleader is plum out of wise crack fire jokes to add in when we are in between our acts. come on, i am sure someone has a few weenie roast ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,955    Replies: 18
"I made some bag poi yesterday and now I'm hooked. I'm quite amazed at all the tricks I've been able to accomplish within the first two days. Anyway, enough of my happy talk :-)I need..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,337    Replies: 2
"Talk about freaking out! I was about to go nutso for a few hours when I got to work and discovered that my home away from home (HOP) was down! This is my sanity, especially on Fridays..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,363    Replies: 2
"."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,397    Replies: 3
"saw all the great help you gave on the trance music, so jsut asking if anyone knew of some good club music IE Liberty,infernal,plasmic honey, aquagen" actually some good bass songs is w..."
Last Reply by
Views: 7,301    Replies: 2
"Wow, I like the new board I will post some pictures soonDiana"

HOP Newsletter