Forums > Social Chat

Login/Join to Participate
Posted: by
Last Reply by
Views: 1,147    Replies: 2
"Sorry guys... =) Had to do it.How many of you live in states that require a "fire permit" to perform fire? Does anyone know if there is any sort of central "repository" for this sort of..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,681    Replies: 9
"speaking of first performances as mine is tommarrow, how did everyones first performances go??? any misshaps, unforgettable moments, and how wuz the rush?? plur! ------------------My..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,897    Replies: 10
"Does anyone here do poi movements in their martial art weapon demos or martial art weapon moves in their poi demos? tell me what weapons or style YOU PRACTICE that uses weapons."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,780    Replies: 3
"It looks like theres only three people twirling in toronto me eyestorm and firefly. so I guess there won't be an army of people twirling in Brendens backyard."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,234    Replies: 23
"hey all! yay! i just registered! im so excited. i was the one going by Just Me in the past few posts. anyways, allow me to introduce myself.. my names traci. im 18 years old, and im a..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,781    Replies: 6
" Wow dudes, hummm...right on fer sher!!!!I didn't think I was gonna be the first one to do it. Ok, here I am from Princess of Wands to Galaxie (in the memory of my first burn in the sha..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,303    Replies: 3
"Hey there guys,Just looking for any suggestions to make my staff look cool during the day. I've thought of somehow attatching ribbons to the wicks, but I figure that they'll just get a..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,821    Replies: 9
"I'm lookin for a lil bit o help.Absolutely anything would be lovely, honest.The situation is this...I'm doing my final piece of written work for my degree. It's all about interculturali..."
Last Reply by
Views: 887    Replies: 1
"So far I have seen a few different styles of equal in skill, just one uses all 5 beat weaves and the other uses 3 beats. I myself just started consistanty using 5 beats for everything, ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,309    Replies: 1
"Curious as to how many POIers are going to be at the European Juggling Convention in Rotterdam in August, besides myself. Ben"
Last Reply by
Views: 1,438    Replies: 4
"any ideas on how to make sparkling poi?"
Last Reply by
Views: 1,768    Replies: 10
"Like most people I like, every know and then, to wrap the tails of my poi round the balls making it easier to practice or easier to use in crowded places etc etc.Well I was spinning the..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,909    Replies: 10
"Seeing as the UK elections are coming up it seemed only natural as a topic to discuss the wonderfull world of politics. For those of you in the UK, and old enough to vote, WHO WILL IT..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,689    Replies: 8
"I could use a new name. I do other things now rather than yo-yoing. I now have a new found love for fire, so, I would really like a name that is fire oriented. I'd love to hear your sug..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,042    Replies: 5
"All you ravers out there!!!!Listen, The martian and I just finished watching the movie GROOVE. If you haven't seen this movie yet GO SEE IT NOW. Go to your local video store and rent ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,865    Replies: 8
"Top ten ways to know you are addicted to poi.You know you are addicted to poi when:1. You carry poi with you everywhere you go and spin to pass the time while waiting in line.2. Think..."
Last Reply by
Views: 8,243    Replies: 59
"Well, I can now attest to two things about playing with my poi while under the influence of E..1. Poi "seems" very easy to do, but in reality, I'm hitting myself more.2. It *IS* possibl..."
Views: 2,160    Replies: 0
"Well this is a tragety, I will arrive in Italy on the 7th of July and I will be there to the end of July. Anybody going then or is from Italy that wants to get together while I am there..."
Views: 1,702    Replies: 5
"I've noticed a great number of the same posts ****over & over**** ie: how do i make sparkly poi, every other person who re-invents meteors, and the like. Not that these people are ig..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,077    Replies: 18
"Any suggestions?"
Views: 1,080    Replies: 0
"Today (saturday) i had the best time of my entire life. DEMF had to be one of the coolest things ive ever been too. Great music, great people, great times. The mood was so uplifting,..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,193    Replies: 1
"I swing poi but have taken up staff to improve my performance. I normally put my poi tails on my staff but they seem to like each other too much, and end up in a tangled mess. Also it g..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,418    Replies: 6
"ill be on my honeymoon that week, and we are going to Italy. We are staying 6 days in Rome. We are going to take a day trip to another town, not sure which one yet. But i thought it wou..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,368    Replies: 1
"I've had a fabulous week of progress, and I definitely think a lot of it comes from a piece of T'ai Chi wisdom:"The chin &lbr;intrinsic strength&rbr; should be rooted in the feet, gener..."
Views: 935    Replies: 0
"anyone out there live in Toronto who does Capoeira?"
Views: 1,409    Replies: 0
" ME and eyestorm are thinking of aranging a gathering of poi twirlers to meet somewhere. If you live in toronto and twirl poi or want to learn please contact us we need suggestions on w..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,197    Replies: 7
"Well, I did it. After nearly two months of thinking about it, I finally did it.Born from the idea of Pele's Jacob's Ladder at the ECSF comes... after two days of construction ... Uberp..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,997    Replies: 13
"Hey everyone!I'm trying to clear my mind so I can do some work...anyhow - I'm wondering if you guys can tell me how you develop new transitions between moves? I'm pretty comfortable wit..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,422    Replies: 2
"Take a look @ this unless you are a backstreet boys fan.http://www.vonkrusenstern.de/4u/backstreet.htmlpeace outgarbo &lbr;This message has been edited by garbo (edited 25 May 2001).&..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,712    Replies: 2
"I love performing. Fire-Breathing, Flaming-Poi, I'll soon be working with a staff, and I love yo-yos. I was wondering how I get a job? I'd love to do performances. I currently don't hav..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,847    Replies: 16
"i was wondering about something...do all the names for the moves on this site seems really technical or what? what i mean is, in my town, we gots all kinds of slang terms for these:wea..."
Views: 1,866    Replies: 4
"i swear everytime i watch the video of J.D. from this site, it simply amazes me. I wont be able to rest in peice untill i can do that Corkscrew and turn 180 5 beat it above my head and ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,599    Replies: 17
"so now we have established people's viewpoints on the pros and cons of drug use, it's not necessary for those who are in the "con" category of opinions to *yet again* express their disd..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,381    Replies: 6
"i have had a idea 2to make a new toy, i rember reading something about swinging bowls with fuel... and i came up with the idea of using two tin cans (baked bean style) then put holes i..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,409    Replies: 4
"So I think I might just be getting the coolest summer job EVER!!!I'll be working with the Defenders of Wildlife to push for a sound energy plan that includes alternate energy sources li..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,347    Replies: 21
"I have been juggling for ages and have just picked up POI.Something I noticed:At the juggling convention in Cardif there was a sertain snidness towards POI, not nasty just a weeny bit c..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,407    Replies: 2
"Just curious? and are you waiting till summer? cause this chch winter at the moment is nasty!PeaceKt"
Last Reply by
Views: 3,208    Replies: 8
"what the hell, "THE CONE LIBERATION SOCIETY"check this shit out- http://dencity.com/cls/cls_news.htmland heres and excerp of their news board-May 6 2000 A French based CLS brainstorming..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,644    Replies: 4
"Ok so I got a few things to say- this is the first:The martian and I were spinning in her back yard on saturday and her mom was watching us. So we're on the same page, Laurie's mom is ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,052    Replies: 3
"while i'm learning new things,once in a while i get obsessed.right now i'm in love with the devil stick.for example i rearrange the flowers on our small deck to train or like today i tr..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,903    Replies: 9
"Adam / TwistI just read with great interest your posts in the ball chain thread. You mean to tell me I can buy a swage / crimping tool?Tell me more... please I made myself a set of ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 822    Replies: 6
"hey i'm in north stonington ct for the week- perhaps we could meet and twirl a bit..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,694    Replies: 11
"For you experianced fire-breathers...I'm getting into fire-breathing. I haven't started yet, but I sure am interested! My dad said I can't start until I get some info on the dangers of ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,376    Replies: 9
"Ok so I've been reading Super's post and seeing how some of you react to the things he says, I think that you're reading into his stuff a little critically.Now please back me up on this..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,468    Replies: 18
"I'd love some feedback on battery powered glowsticks. I hate cracking a new set if I only want to spin for an hour or so. I did have some success wrapping a used pair in glow tape and..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,604    Replies: 12
"Hi FolksI've just been told that World Juggling Day is on June 16th. I am thinking of organizing something to mark the occasion - ultimately an outdoor dance party on the beach or up th..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,392    Replies: 4
"Yes ladies and gentle men, in our hightech day and age, we strive to better ourselves, and better conveineince ourselves with technology...what better way to demonstratethis than with....."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,943    Replies: 4
"><< The other night I was invited out for a night with "The Boys".>>I told my wife that I would be home by midnight.promise!>>Well, the hours passed and the beer wa..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,871    Replies: 4
"Can anyone out there explain how you count beats with the 4 and 5 beat weaves? I've read discussions in the archives and have seen people say things like "the 5 beat weave is really th..."
Views: 1,556    Replies: 0
"My roommate and I have been twirling poi for awhile now. We are starting to twirl fire this summer. We live in Denver. And we love to twirl. So, if you live in the general facility ..."

HOP Newsletter