Forums > Social Chat

Login/Join to Participate
Posted: by
Views: 1,826    Replies: 0
"Well .....what can I say ...even though the rave was great and the wind a tad too strong to twirl fire the whole night, when morning came and the wind died down a tad, thats when thing..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,291    Replies: 4
"Hello Peeps,Just a shout to introduce myself. Beginner on the path of the Poi and Devil Sticks, based in the Uk (North-West). I'm absolutely buzzin off poi-ing at the mo, and practise,..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,148    Replies: 12
"First off, a big hello to everybody, since I've never posted here before. Ello! So here's what's what. I have just started spinning, like, two days ago. I made a set of practice chain ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,581    Replies: 1
"THE DANCERIn solitude with the spiritsA silhouetteDances against the blazeLetting words and chants re-echo.Fingertips of flamesRace to every partCalling the sleepers to returnTo life wi..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,273    Replies: 5
"As a recently deflowered fire virgin I wanted to thank all those who helped me at my first burn and inspired and awed me with their own. To all those on the HOP board, there are some t..."
Views: 895    Replies: 0
"Hey guys Am just about to head head south to cornwall and St Ives area . If anyone is around that area and fancies a spin on the beach or something give me shout on:07979 621765ch..."
Views: 1,674    Replies: 4
"today was the 26th of June. Post prod doesnt normally take more than a day (bloody expensive hire on the non-linear editing suites is prohibitive )so Malcolm. tell us what the deal is...."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,952    Replies: 4
"Hey everyone,some friends and I decided to go fire twirling after a play we went to see on Saturday night. As the theatre was located in the centre of the city, the only place we though..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,456    Replies: 8
"Wow! I dont even know where to begin. I got my fire chains last week, and lit up for the very first time on Friday. I couldnt resist testing them out and getting a feel for them lit. Th..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,973    Replies: 11
"Hey people, I thought that would get your attention!Just a couple of questions I would like to ask to get to know a little about the poi people on this board, cheers to all that answer...."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,540    Replies: 2
"Hi everyone,Yesterday, midsumer day , was probably a very nice evening for all of you; wherever you guys come from. Just thought I'd let you know in France we also call it Music Day (f..."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,668    Replies: 24
"This weekend i took my dog to his first ever site party. He was very well behaved (as always), curling up by our feet as we danced around him and standing well back watching me spin som..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,308    Replies: 5
"Hey I was hopin you guys could help me pound out this idea I have for a flaming headpiece. So far I've come up with a very bad combo of styrofome and gasoline to hold the flame and mayb..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,134    Replies: 2
"Ya know its friday, and theres not much to do here at work, so i started reading peoples signiatures...THE POLL: who has the most interesting Sig, or the coolest qoute in their sig?..ju..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,332    Replies: 10
"All I can say to this one is umm OPPS. Seeing as it's been less then a week since I've lit up I've been showing it to everyone I can. There's a small town fair type thing going on where..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,022    Replies: 15
"Hi there,Since I'm the only bodyboarder/spinner of my area I wonder if there are a lot of sufers among poiers of this BB and if you feel isolated or a lot of your fellow sufers are spin..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,108    Replies: 4
"Here in Texas it is June 21. Here are some cool facts about today:It is the official first day of summer.The longest day of the year.And my 21st birthday.Yea me. Just FYI."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,664    Replies: 3
"Any meteor videos out there?"
Last Reply by
Views: 868    Replies: 2
"Hi all!Does anyone here know where in the USA can I get some fire rope?"
Last Reply by
Views: 2,255    Replies: 10
"Hey poi people. I`m sorry to steal your attention like this but I feel I have some important things to say. I have been doing poi for a year and a half now, and have found it has made a..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,615    Replies: 13
"Speaking of meeting others around the area, who is from New York, city or central. and maybe we can arrange something over the summer to gather somewhere. i would be very interested in ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,215    Replies: 4
"Does anyone know what kind of laws there are for spinning fire in public? As if I were to for say head out to the abandoned old parking lot in my city where the Walmart used to be, or ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,633    Replies: 13
"Hi, I havent posted here before, just lurk, but seeing as how there are a lot of glowstick users and ravers here I figured this would be a worth while public service announcement, at le..."
Views: 1,581    Replies: 0
"I have placed a post in the Events and performances bit. Its called ultimate--ecj--ultimate. I am going to the EJC and I thought it would be a good idea to have one thread souly about..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,871    Replies: 8
"ive been gone for almost a month because i got married, and went to Italy for my homeymoon...Man it was awesome!!! I got to see buildings and art i have been studying about for years in..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,220    Replies: 17
"hello, I was just wondering..how many ppl here have experienced this ugly trait in ppl when twirling fire? Is it common for lots of ppl to feel this negative vibe coming across while p..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,701    Replies: 1
"One of my friends held a party today and I decided to take some glowsticks. As soon as the sun went down i cracked some green glowsticks and started spinning. It was great, it wasnt a b..."
Views: 835    Replies: 0
"Okay, Ive been thinking about this for a couple weeks, but dont know how to get started... I would really like some pointers from some of you seasoned fire freaks out there!I read the p..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,688    Replies: 9
"I might have mentioned that I am going to Thailand and India for a month soon.At the weekend I got eaten alive depite covering myself in repellent.I am pretty worried about dengue and e..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,063    Replies: 8
"Just thought I'd share with everyone that I finally lit up night before last for the first time. (Thanks Malcolm for the beaming poi, and double thanks for quick delivery of the fire p..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,267    Replies: 2
"Hi Folks.World Juggling Day in Senshu Park was a lot of fun, even though there were only a few of us there.I am covered in Mozzie bites despite slapping on the repellent. Check out some..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,430    Replies: 9
"The oooh's and aaaah's of performance are nice, no one can deny that. The applause, the whistles, the cheers get our hearts pumping and make us want to do more, push further and sate th..."
Views: 959    Replies: 0
"MOVED"
Last Reply by
Views: 2,011    Replies: 4
"i think that the splitting up of the messageboard into new moves and technical discussion and social discussion is counterproductive, and wastes time. i dont know if anybody is with me..."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,113    Replies: 12
"We have all determined that somewhere along the way we are addicted to spinning. Several of us have at least minor parts of addictive personality traits in us, so out of curiousity, if ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,582    Replies: 6
"http://students.washington.edu/jmgold/images/06.2001/17.fire/"
Last Reply by
Views: 2,470    Replies: 2
"Hey all,as some of you know, I'm juggling a lot lately, and I'm wondering if anyone knows of a HOp style board for ball juggling?I'm reaching a stage where I think I need some resources..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,931    Replies: 4
"Hi everyone my name is David completely new to the WWW. and message boards as i have spent the past twenty years doing what i call Fire/Glowstick Twisters, some people mistake them for..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,822    Replies: 6
"does anyone here have tips on how to gracefully end a show? i will be twirling in an outdoor musical here at college, and i dont want my flames to fizzle out too soon (i'd like to last..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,014    Replies: 10
"It's summer here in the U.S., as most of you know. I live in the North East, known for the nasty winter storms. I can handle that, no problem.Today however it was a sunny, cloudless day..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,001    Replies: 2
"Help !I am looking for the music used in the video on the HOP site for the performance at the "Christchurch Winter Festival". (well done girls by the way !!!)Can you please help me out ..."
Views: 1,508    Replies: 0
"I was watching the travel channel just now and this show came on about freaky things/places. There, on the show, was a girl doing a *very* bad rendition of fire fingers. She was clad in..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,232    Replies: 10
"Ok everyone, I know we are all finding it hard to settle into the new arrangements, but we just have to put the shakeup behind us and Get on with the Job(tm).There is information to be ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,106    Replies: 3
"Ok. A friend of mine, a novice staff twirler, had a blood test this afternoon. There was much need for celebration this evening, so celebrate we did! Then when out for some staff prac..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,257    Replies: 16
"I know I am newly registered to this board, but my boyfriend is not. He and I have both noted how many young people have popped up lately on the board.And I would assume that you guys h..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,915    Replies: 4
"I am in dire need of purchasing a camera. I read in a previous thread that someone bought a Nikon Coolpix 990, so I looked it up, and it looks totally bad.Adjustable shutter speed, 3.3 ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,068    Replies: 31
"ok, i just saw Requiem for a Dream. have any of you seen it? if so, i think you feel what im gunna say next. excuse my language, but that is the MOST fucked up movie i have ever seen..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,850    Replies: 8
"I always practice in the courtyard in front of my flats and I have caught the attention of the kids in our estate. Most of the time they are well behaved and I have let them have a go t..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,031    Replies: 29
"Not to sound elitist because I am not, I like all the people on the board but I feel the need to ask after half the posts I have read today.....Why with all the rave sites evidentally o..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,651    Replies: 12
"So I told Malcolm that I will do a FAQ on fire breathing/eating and I think I will add trailing into it since I get asked about that a fair bit. In order for me to make the most of this..."

HOP Newsletter