Forums > Social Chat

Login/Join to Participate
Posted: by
Last Reply by
Views: 1,932    Replies: 7
"hello all! i've been spinning now for a few months and reading the BB here just as long. i was hoping that someone could possibly help me with a technical issue... i don't have interne..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,734    Replies: 17
"just thought id introduce myself and say hi to everyone. great site, and a chance to learn more. imat a stagnant stage right now and need to get more ideas. anyone in the UK, Glouces..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,959    Replies: 6
"I was interested in making a fire performing portfolio for the purpose of better relations and as a sort of information packet to hand out to possible clients. Also, I would like to use..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,353    Replies: 15
"Hey, just out of curiosity, does anyone here also find themselves making up one time things while they spin, like not even a move they made up and practiced, but just random stuff that ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,815    Replies: 17
"Hey guys,I'm just getting into Neck wraps, and I'm wondering if anyone can help me out with some advice...see I have this problem.My Dreads get stuck in my chain <dont laugh> as i..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,439    Replies: 1
"hey people, just wanted to introduce myself..my name is JAson and just came across this site, because im VERY interested in LEARNING glowstick twirling.... what interested me in this, w..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,907    Replies: 10
"Hello, I know its been a while...just got back from a funeral...well I have dog chains as my practice chains. and for those who know, dog chains are heavy, and I use glowsticks...HOW do..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,227    Replies: 8
"Draevon, I was browing through your homepage(http://www.incendium.org) and I tried to access the fuel page but it is unavailable because of current events.... like what kind of events??..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,497    Replies: 4
"Anyone gotten in trouble with the police for fire twirling?The first night I lit mine up I was in my backyard - and that was fine. A friend was coming over so I decided to go wait on my..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,648    Replies: 19
"i started the poi thing around a week ago, and i'm practicing to get better at it... well anyway, does anyone else get hit with the objects frequently? And does it occur less as you im..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,575    Replies: 22
"Just curious to see if any of you guys didge?Theres not too many people that play in my neck of the woods but my mates think its really cool and love listening.Havent yet tried it whils..."
Last Reply by
Views: 9,578    Replies: 9
"where i can get videos??? of glowdancing!!BRRR i know is must be an old topic but i have checked them all and i want to see more videos!!! of ppl doing new stuff new combos new moves..!..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,994    Replies: 11
"Hey everyone,Just wanted some cheering up. I am really sad and depressed at the moment. Home alone except for the cat, and experiancing a head space I don't particulary like.So yeah, if..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,777    Replies: 16
"Hey...it is allready October 16th on the HOP time... and if I remember correctly what I read in one of the threads here....it is your birthday sweet Pele so... Much loveShine onCassa..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,511    Replies: 28
"For Glowstick Twirlers, what's your favorite glowstick color? and why? does the color have any meaning to you or just want to combine it with your clothes?? hehehe "
Last Reply by
Views: 1,461    Replies: 1
"http://www.leonatkinson.com/random/bored at work...what can i say.Super'------------------"When a Man Lies He Murders Some Part of the World These Are the PaleDeaths Which Men Miscall T..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,664    Replies: 6
"Hey,I <and Josh> have been looking into *maybe* starting to do fire-twirling professionally.A reliable source gave us a card for an agency that might be interested in us - maybe.I..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,325    Replies: 7
"Hahahaha!Heeheehee!Giggle!Hahahaha! This is the funniest thing I have ever seen!Check out Frogbender 2000, at www.JoeCartoon.com.Its in the Classic Joe Category.I'm still laughing!!&..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,746    Replies: 7
"i was thinkin about purchasing the video they sell on this site, circles of light, i was just wondering who has seen it and what do they think of it, good, bad, whatever, peace---------..."
Views: 1,426    Replies: 0
"Just got back from a two day stint in sunny Fresno, Califonia. The security was a bit more than I had seen before and actually much more strict in small Fresno than in LAX of JFK. The..."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,955    Replies: 1
"Alright, warning, bitchfest to ensue....Why does it seem that everytime I get a safety that can perform on a Ren Faire stage and is good at being a safety they end up being jerks on the..."
Views: 1,034    Replies: 0
"Okay...I had one of those weekends that was a blur and nothing seemed real due to lack of sleep, but I learned a few interesting things.The mini-glowsticks when stuck in the mouth and p..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,077    Replies: 3
"so you still need to tell everyone what time to meet up and stuff for sat.Oh damm it work tommorow i hate my life, well apart from the weekend life.Then i meet hot girls who (i think)w..."
Last Reply by
Views: 587    Replies: 1
"theres this girl i know at school, who keeps tagging around with me, when i told her i was getting some fire chains, she smiled sweetly and said "oh, great, that means i can have your p..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,928    Replies: 4
"I was just wanting to say hello and let everyone know that I busted my cherry this past Tuesday night on fire chains. I had been practicing for a couple of months on the streaming poi. ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,621    Replies: 13
"It's official: "Jedi Knight" is ON the list of religions for the 2001 UK census. A campaign to get people to write the entry on their census forms has succeeded in the term being includ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,977    Replies: 8
"I know we've had a few discussions about poi and martial arts and I don't mean to start another one.But yesterday i went spinning long the Seine River and meta guy who does capoiera. ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,586    Replies: 2
"earthdance... well what can i say, i had an amazing time. i would really like to know what kinds of things everyone else experienced at their respective gathering. in los angeles we w..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,675    Replies: 30
"Well I know this has nothing to do with poi or spinning. But I needed some advise and who better then my fellow poiers. There is this girl and I totally dig her, but I have no confidenc..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,547    Replies: 8
"Wow! Unicyclists, Unicyclists, everywhere I look!There seems to be a lot of one-wheeled nutters on this site, and I'd love for everyone to who can ride to introduce themselves and say a..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,010    Replies: 1
"Any Breakdancing page where i find the move to learn it just like homeofpoi i mean...i got a friend that maybe could teach me but i like learning by myself and well maybe telling him he..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,691    Replies: 4
"uhhr..this may be a stupid question but when your spinning fire poi what do you soak the wicks in? someone pleez answer...i know your out there..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,893    Replies: 5
"Which color lasts the mostbecause i have seen that the purple just lasts like 3 hours(myabe cause those glowsticks sucks tho... )does the yellow lasts a lot? pls help"
Views: 705    Replies: 0
"Raining-Season is over!!!! This means fire permits will be harder to get...*sigh* I was trying to put together a portfolio to show them. Guess it'll have to wait for next year..------..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,122    Replies: 3
"well i've got this huge assignment that i really need help with just to find out where twirling originated and any other namese for it? also how long ago it started and why? anyting on ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,957    Replies: 5
"so its mid afternoon jez and i are doing some staff and poi. We light our staff and spin and like a lightning bolt WHAM, how about fire breathing?Sooooooooo...... jez says i can have a ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,687    Replies: 23
"I have this huge russian hat which pretty much covers all of my head with a very think and soft layer of protection. Anyway i cant imagine not using it and was wandering whether anyone ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,624    Replies: 12
"Hey everyone.I had this really bad night of spinning last night. It was at my school's homecoming. Not only did I mess up one too many times, I broke a glowstick and one of my strings..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,876    Replies: 4
"I've just read bhawk's thread in Moves about the old Flamin' Hand trick - just wondered if you what anyone else suffered from stupid experiments with fire?I once tried to spray a slick ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,040    Replies: 2
"A while ago Christian told me that you would not use your real name, but go by "Princess". Perhaps this is the wrong princess, but I know I met a bunch of you guys in New Hampshire. I..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,635    Replies: 3
"I have been performing with a couple of other spinners, when we first got together we decided it would be *one for all, all for one* which I was really happy about. I didn't know them v..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,831    Replies: 2
"With poi i seem to get a lot of excersize with my arms but not my legs, has anyone tried lying on their back with your legs in the air and swinging with their feet?i suppose butterflies..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,299    Replies: 4
"I"m fairly new to poi only been at it about a month now. I'm not sure how most people make poi for glowsticks but I got tired of using shoe laces so I found that if you put leather str..."
Views: 1,311    Replies: 0
"I just wanna say thanx to whoever voted for my t-shirt design. That brings me up to a grand total of 2 votes. That was all I needed to make me feel good. Thank you.Whoever you are......."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,990    Replies: 16
"hello lovely fire people :-)Okay, I'm shamelessly stealing an idea here, but I think it's a good one, so I figure it's well worth stealing. There's a thing floating round on the web ca..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,537    Replies: 7
"firstly hello all. yes i have returned from a long break away from poi... yay and hello.and secondly when someone asks what do you do for fun, and you say poi. i often get a gormless st..."
Views: 1,645    Replies: 0
"i learnt to spin fire with my new staff and do fire balls and i got the backwards weave( thanks to jez my jedi master)My fire balling is better then his so i shall have to strike him do..."
Last Reply by
Views: 890    Replies: 2
"I'm gonna be in London for a weekend at the end of this month and was wondering where people get together to twirl. Fire preferably but I'm not too fussed. I'd like to come along even j..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,562    Replies: 9
" aaaaaaaarrrrrrrrggggrrrrrrrreeeeeeerrrrraaaaaAfter two weeks of twatting myself in the face and ankles, hours of pain and frustration taken to the point where I actually ended up break..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,723    Replies: 20
"(I recently saw a thread on another BB with this subject and thought we could use it here.) Ok - lets see how many HOPers have had experiences of supernatuaral/spiritual entities or ex..."

HOP Newsletter