Forums > Social Chat

Login/Join to Participate
Posted: by
Last Reply by
Views: 1,605    Replies: 8
"has anyone thought about trying to tell a story with their poi. after a while my trick base has slowed in its progress so i got to thinking about trying to spin up a yarn. it certaintly..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,263    Replies: 10
" nothing to do with poi. but for those intrested as from spring next year cannabis will be reclassified and will not be anoffence in the uk to posses it."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,180    Replies: 14
"I have been a fan of this site for some time, have just now gotten serious enough that I feel i am missing out by not participating in discussions. I've been glosticking for maybe 2 yea..."
Views: 2,227    Replies: 12
"I've just started posting and my replies don't appear. Am I just too impatient?nexus-sun"
Last Reply by
Views: 1,349    Replies: 15
"aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaathat was my inner shout.There is this bitch at work really try..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,158    Replies: 1
"...sorry to the many of you who will find this post irrelevant ...but I am trying to get in contact with a fire performance group from Freemantle, (Western Australia), called the "Flami..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,640    Replies: 20
"i was just wandering what kind of music everyone likes little one"
Last Reply by
Views: 1,078    Replies: 1
"I've been trying to puzzle it out from little bits of info in the discussions but I can't seem to find exactly was it is. If it helps we have a regular group in Canberra who may be able..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,328    Replies: 18
"Are you more likely to twirl if you are a psychology student.I know this may seem a strange question but i have noticed in my travels that a lot of people who twirl are psych students.I..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,528    Replies: 4
"from what i have read i seem to understand that there is no real way to do liquid. just feel and flow with the music. and stuff like breakdancing, and poi, ect... have basic moves and s..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,604    Replies: 15
"As a relatively new twirler, (ive been doing poi for about a month) i have no real idea about where you guys meet to "show off" for want of a better word I know a few people in fire t..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,156    Replies: 18
"i don't mean to encourage drug use by our younger posters, but have you got any preferred drug choices or stories to tell when you've been spinning poi"
Last Reply by
Views: 2,422    Replies: 5
"This thought sprung from the "psych student" thread. I was thinking about trying to start a fire-spinning club at my school. But I haven't because I figured the school wouldn't allow it..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,647    Replies: 13
" I tried to fix his picture code but had no luck. You can not link to pictures held on any "free" websites. see http://emptyset.8m.com/s225.JPG and you will understand. -rega..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,145    Replies: 14
"anybody ever tried spinning really heavy objects to train the muscles u use. ive tried spinning 1 liters full of water and even 2 liters full of water trying to see if it would help. i ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,649    Replies: 2
"Where can I learn (online) fire eating techniques? How do I "eat" fire without burning my poor lil' mouth? :P Also, where can I find information on fire manipulation? I've heard of it, ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,564    Replies: 5
"Anyone ever tried to spin with two wind roarers? Just curious...just thought of the idea myself.For thos of you who don't know what wind roarers are, they are the pieces of wood that yo..."
Last Reply by
Views: 760    Replies: 2
"Ok I was watching tv yesterday and this commercial for bacardi comes on and its at this night club, and there is this guy on a platform twirling, I was just like "SWEET". Then I thought..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,062    Replies: 8
"this is just me recounting my weekend. i went to a large freedom festval this weekend in the Los Angeles area and when i got there i was quite dissapointed that i was not allowed to br..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,585    Replies: 8
"I once knew a fella named Steve,Who was trying a 7-beat weave.He was twirling with fire,And went up like a pyre,When his poi wrapped 'round his sleeve. The doctors all asked him why,He ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,199    Replies: 19
"Hi guys, Im new to HOP and twirling(4 months now) and i am interested to find out if twirlers in general have musical or mathematical ability. The reason i ask is cos my brother is a dr..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,235    Replies: 7
"Hey everyone, seen a gurl at an afterhrs bar/club about a month ago with these long white streemers. What she could do with them under black light was amazing and it made my heart soar...."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,008    Replies: 3
"If one of those Photos of Fire were to be corrupted, there'd be 75 Photos of Fire on the web.. ugh, sorry.http://digital.sekrets.net/fire/Enjoy."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,234    Replies: 11
"hi i'm trying to find a safe method to practice glowsticking, those overhead manuveres has brusied and cut my head. i was wondering on how i can practice more "safer" yet retain bout th..."
Views: 481    Replies: 0
"I wanted to ask you a few questions about your job, can you please e-mail me spidersondrugs@hotmail.comthanks------------------ ~*~ Katinca ~*~"
Views: 1,081    Replies: 0
"HiJust to let you guys know we have a new e-mail addressFireweavers@yahoo.co.ukI will let the members of the troupe know the password in an e-mail shortly.Look forward to hearing from y..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,522    Replies: 5
"someone cheer me up.. its only lunchtime and im already pissed offjust got my cat back from the vet (for the princely sum of 120 quid) who as a display of affection shredded the lampsha..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,654    Replies: 15
"New to Sydney and need to learn some top tricks is there anybody out there in Sydney that can help me out pleeeeeeeeeeeez!!!"
Views: 1,040    Replies: 0
"wow..just came back inside from my first breath of fire. :P I used white gas, and I must say, the taste wasn't anywhere near as bad as I thought it would be. I only needed a VERY little..."
Last Reply by
Views: 979    Replies: 1
"I heard about a party from a couple friends of mine next weekend (the 27th of Oct) at a warehouse 30mins outside Orlando, FL. I asked if I could come, and she gave me a web address of a..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,365    Replies: 5
"hey yallI have my first performance coming up for halloween and Im twirling to Michael Jackson's Thriller and I hvae no idea what to do. Does anyone have any kweel combo's or ideas that..."
Views: 1,151    Replies: 0
"should make a videos!!!! so we can watch and learn! you know! =(like you Myst you know lot of stuff why you dont create a video ? or something also you Bassman beside doing movies of ..."
Views: 1,564    Replies: 0
"Okay...how much it last the photons?as far i know its like thisyellow/orange its 20 hours white, purple, blue,Turquoise 12-14 hoursand green its 20 hours...how about red?? how many hour..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,724    Replies: 6
"Poi is actually a hawaiian food that comes from the TARO plant. Poi is used as a thickener and substitute for potatoes and other root vegetables in Hawaiian dishes and even as a stand-i..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,020    Replies: 13
"I know we have had this one before but there are quite a few new people around so just thought it would be intresting to check it out again :-)as for me.....trance/house/techno"
Last Reply by
Views: 2,828    Replies: 5
"My fuelcan in my rucksack leaked.. and put paraffin all down my back, and now I have a big paraffin rash... stings like hell... any suggestions?Aloe or something?------------------"O! f..."
Last Reply by
Views: 658    Replies: 1
"hey fire sista r we like the youngest ones on here? i'm also 13, and guess wot? i used 2 live in reading(well winnersh.) weird cutie "
Last Reply by
Views: 4,532    Replies: 79
"OK, I'll start a little competition of my own. There is a pot of jam in it for the lucky winner.There are 4 well known sports, each with an odd exclusion rule:In one, you can't wear all..."
Last Reply by
Views: 942    Replies: 3
"I guess this is the normal time, that everyone is out having fun on bothsides of the world. There is hardly anyone on here at the moment How interesting*jots down on little note pad an..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,497    Replies: 9
"Now I've read about stuff that happened at burning man this year, and seen loads of pictures, I really want to go to the next one.Since I cn't find out anything about it, I was wonderin..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,987    Replies: 21
"I know that there is no certain way that glowsticking should be done. I just want to learn some basic moves. The only thing that I know how to do is the figure 8. I am not really sure t..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,023    Replies: 17
"Hey everyone!Currently I've reached that plateau where I'm stuck in between levels of spinning and I'm not exactly progressing as I used to, and I don't want to become bored by it, if s..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,411    Replies: 5
"hey everyone when i go to my dads i get bored waiting at the train station what do u think would happen if i just got out my poi and started spinning? Would i be in trouble with station..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,955    Replies: 35
"wouldnt it be nice to go for a month or 2 with noone saying offensive things and noone being able to take offense to things because there was only happy people here. i am happy, in fac..."
Views: 827    Replies: 0
"Im soon to be moving to Northumberland and I was wondering if there were any poi peeps out there to hold my hand and teach me a few things! Angie x ------------------"If you alway do w..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,594    Replies: 8
"My first gig in a couple of weeks....and there are going to be something like 150,000 people watching us, as well as 7 huge screens that we will be on. Is this a good number of people ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,957    Replies: 28
"recently i was in newcastle australia selling poi in a mall the name of which ican't remmeber...i had a small sign saying 'poi for sale'...it was a long day... alot of interest (know bo..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,302    Replies: 15
"ive busked abroad but not very professionally - i hate talking to a crowd, how do u get started (i just lit up). any suggestions, do i maybe need a front person?"
Last Reply by
Views: 1,025    Replies: 15
"Just curious as to how many of you perform in other arts unrelated to spinning, fire or juggling.I act and even sing (but not well!) professionally.------------------Pele Higher, highe..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,425    Replies: 15
"Hello everyone.... Gonna be doing a show in early november...Seriousl;y need to come up with some costume ideas but can really think of anything???Any ideas???D"

HOP Newsletter