Forums > Social Chat

Login/Join to Participate
Posted: by
Last Reply by
Views: 1,207    Replies: 1
"With the addition of the staff moves section I decided to go through and do some housekeeping. I didn't delete anything but I moved alot around (including topics that weren't staff but ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,306    Replies: 16
"Sunday is my and my GFs 2 month anniversary.We are going out on friday to celebrate early. BUUTTTT the thing is , i really can not think of anything romantic to do. This girl likes to g..."
Views: 2,935    Replies: 0
"Oh my god I'm SO frigging busy I haven't had time to catch up on my HOP threads in ages...Sorry if I missed anyone's insults or zingers aimed at me... Just wanted to post that I got a ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,174    Replies: 69
"hey guysi found a few more questions for everyone if you answer, i'll tell you what they mean later.... heeheehee *evilly rubbing hands together*now question #1.your favourite shape out..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,461    Replies: 3
"Hi all, well ive been using some socks to keep the kevlar clean but when i took them off because they are totally mashed up after a holiday of constant spinning, i have got used to the ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,050    Replies: 10
"I am currently in boot camp hell for actors. I am also revamping my fire Ren show.Because of this I have been watching everything with a critical eye....other Ren Performers, Cirque sho..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,662    Replies: 5
"hellloooooooooooooo im just wondering if anybody could tell me of a pure psy trance night held in sheffield i know of one but dont know when or where it is....me and a few friends from ..."
Views: 975    Replies: 0
"Does Anybody listen to Oyster Head, or phish.I love techno and trance but these guys are just good."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,210    Replies: 17
"Tonight is of course Halloween here in the States, and it is the first full moon in 46 yrs on Halloween.SO tonight me and my friend Hanna are going to go slam a few beers at the local b..."
Views: 1,684    Replies: 0
"Hi Dizzy,Saw your post on the UK spinners thread directed at Ithaca. There is a group of us that meet up every Sunday for some fire action and it dosent take too much to persuade us to..."
Views: 1,711    Replies: 0
"as a general site idea i think it would be cool to post a blank lesson form in HTML thatway people could download it, modify it with frontpage etc, sent it to malcolm, he could look it ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,089    Replies: 11
"Officially lost my fire virginity last night at long last. I have known the time was approaching for me to light up for a couple of weeks now and last night my enthusiasm finally got t..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,492    Replies: 2
"Monday I had a glows competition... I lose, and a pal that was better than me lose.... cause the judge were the public.... and the most cheers wins.... now.. i lose 'cause i was nervous..."
Last Reply by
Views: 6,859    Replies: 19
"Three part post:1) Shout out to my boys who posted all of the help on "56+ wraps", I've started been doing wraps quite consistantly and last night was complemented a few times on them...."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,388    Replies: 6
"I was just having a little browse in the HOP shop, dreaming of the day Ill be twirling fire poi and I saw some things called Harmonic Whirlies, can anyone enlighten me....cos Im 'Fick'!..."
Last Reply by
Views: 9,524    Replies: 23
"If you don't spin off the excess fuel on you wicks, you risk getting a nasty burn (like the one I have on my back right now). Some sort of cruel trick of fate I guess, the ONE time I d..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,845    Replies: 6
"hey there!!i was at a party and i saw (and played with)the coolest thing since glow sticks (keep in mind i dont go to raves so i would have had no way of finding this) but this guy had..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,460    Replies: 13
"hi everyone i was cassually looking through the social discusion when i thought-how often do you lot practice? and spin in public? i practice every day... *blushes* ...ok so i never pra..."
Last Reply by
Views: 6,872    Replies: 63
"who is yer poi inspiration guys? well maybe you dont tho but i do... mine are Jo derry and Danger boy... i have saw videos from them really nice dancing.... i would like to dance as goo..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,072    Replies: 1
"I just finally initiated my very own fire poi that I ordered from Adam Rice a few weeks ago, and they were wonderful!!! The cathedral wicks are very generously sized, and they burned a..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,502    Replies: 2
"Thames Water have set up a website associated with Water Aid and will donate 100,000 pounds (which will provide safe drinking water for Life to 6,000 people in Africa and Asia) if they..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,747    Replies: 7
"Well, I guess I have been truly initiated into the fire twirling community. This weekend I got my first poi-related burn. That's right I got my first poi about 2.5 months ago and lit th..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,668    Replies: 1
"Hello all~I am interested in learning the history behind poi/fire twirling, such as where it originated, the different styles, how long it's been around, etc. Does anyone know of any go..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,728    Replies: 1
"Is anyone performing on Guy Fawks? I don't know about other countries but since our Government banned all the good fireworks, ie. the ones which take your arms off, every year's been ge..."
Last Reply by
Views: 8,879    Replies: 25
"Tonight I was playing with sterno cans. I dumped a bunch of Boric Acid in one and some Lithium Chloride in another. The jell-o type consistancy of the container liquified (making them..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,580    Replies: 11
"i know your out there...i do..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,006    Replies: 32
"please please please break up your story so its a little more easy on the eye. pele and others"
Last Reply by
Views: 1,098    Replies: 3
"hey fire sista are we the youngest one's on here? i'm 13 too. and i used to live in reading! well winnersh.tee hee cutie "
Last Reply by
Views: 1,933    Replies: 8
"Just a quick question are new pictures still being posted in the pictures section?I sent in some kick ass ones over a month ago and still nothing.<<Looks into the distance and dre..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,894    Replies: 15
"What are you doing inside? Eh?(notes the irony of his own statement)(or do I have a kerosine-proof laptop with moby & hookup cable, out in the woods, being hyper-techno groovy? - aaaah!..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,433    Replies: 2
"I've just had an idea...No, c'mon, bear with me a second :What we should do, no, let me re-phrase that... what Malcolm & posse should do is run a "Most Unusual Bogey" competition.After ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,618    Replies: 14
"I am soooo happy! My fire poi was setting here waiting on me when I got home today. I had to light up, couldn't resist. I got a very minor burn on my hand where they tangled. I gues..."
Last Reply by
Views: 952    Replies: 7
"***"
Last Reply by
Views: 7,903    Replies: 50
"I was watching a special on Date line or Nightline whatever the hell the name of the show is tonight and it was all about E. It showed books written by a guy names strike and websites w..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,861    Replies: 1
"Has anyone ever heard of Cool Neon-tm? It's this spaghetti thin wire that lights up like neon lights(brighter than glowsticks). They have every color, and you can buy it by the foot. ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,407    Replies: 6
" The most dangerous stage of rave parties for ravers, medical personnel, and law enforcement officers is called "glowsticking." An individual with glowsticks is an raver who probably ha..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,099    Replies: 26
"You bunch of whingers! Of course you're gonna get a smack in the teeth / neck / arm / gonads / etc.Did your mum never tell you not to play with fire / knives / motorbikes / tattoos / lo..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,322    Replies: 1
"I was surfing through the HOP website today and I thought hey I might vote in the T-shirt design contest thingo. I go to vote and votes closed 2 days ago.Man I am slack!heh oh well Lov..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,455    Replies: 16
"the media, who gives a fuck what is said by the media they're not some all truth telling machine, we know that already. just remmember not to use the media to form your ideas about peop..."
Views: 1,476    Replies: 0
"I've found that you can get some good prices on glowsticks in the clearance of some "Mega-Lo-Mart" type stores after Halloween. Keep an eye out you ravers... er .. I mean partiers... e..."
Last Reply by
Views: 6,389    Replies: 33
"I was just talking with a freind Elli about a Parachute jump I did recently (totally amazin..Im hooked) and we were just wondering what other crazy/or not so crazy things you guys got u..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,848    Replies: 16
"Like you all didn't know that one already, right? Anyway, I was out doing some fire breathing the other night and my torches still had the smell of burnt Kero on them and you know what..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,577    Replies: 11
"hey all, i was wondering if anyone knew of any glowstick sites, i love poi and all, i just wish there was a site just like this but with glowsticks or devilsticks. that would be sweet, ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,572    Replies: 22
"At the Halloween party they had this massive fog machine. This thing pumped out soo much fog it cover three yards and across the street. I spun in it with my glowsticks. It was very wei..."
Views: 1,058    Replies: 0
"hey wellingtonians!My boy friend and I are going to be in wellies from tomorrow untill to tuesday and would love to meet up and twirl if anyone's interested. Also does anyone know of an..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,036    Replies: 9
"Has anyone else ever had glow sticks break on them while spinning?I was out last night and had one crack open while spinning. It wasn't a large crack, just enough to let out the glow-ju..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,991    Replies: 2
"Hi all,I recently came back from Thailand, and went to the Full Moon Party on Ko Pha Ngan... you must go if you are a spinner or fire spinner!!It was my first time with glowsticks, and ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,728    Replies: 40
"Well I was just outside practicing for the first time in like 2 weeks and after like 5 minutes I whapped myself across my forehead and right ear with the left cable... my ear feels like..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,385    Replies: 9
"NEW VIRUS ALERTif you receive an email with subject "bad luck" do not open it under no circumstances...It is the most dangerous virus in the world.It will crash your computer, erase any..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,283    Replies: 4
"hello everybodyit seems like forever and a day since ive posted. i wanted to share with you all simple gratitude for life and the different 'coincidences' that happen to us, which arent..."

HOP Newsletter