Forums > Social Chat

Login/Join to Participate
Posted: by
Last Reply by
Views: 1,724    Replies: 2
"i saw a girl doing fire poi on shipwrecked 3 on channel 4...she was australian and a very earthy person...*smiles* she did it at night..and i have to say it was amasing....i think it wa..."
Last Reply by
Views: 823    Replies: 1
"First off... Id like to thank those who have made this site. When I first saw someone swinging glowsticks, I thought it was amazing, and that it was difficult to do. It is difficult in ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,753    Replies: 15
"This is very off topic, but... OH NO!I've gotta go and wash my teacher's car! Me 'n my mate Jade sprayed whipped cream on it at hallowe'en and now we gotta go and wash it... my mum ain..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,859    Replies: 9
"Ok I've heard acouple ppl now say they use white gas for breathing... What are the differances compared to lamp oil other then one having the high chance of blowing up in your face and ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,495    Replies: 6
"Hi All,I dont want this thread to get too morbid but I thought it might be good to have a thread where people could post their most monumental mistakes or most embarassing moments.Being..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,203    Replies: 12
"I rode my bike down to the beach this afternoon to twirl on the sand. I wasn't gonna use fire so I just took my practice poi. It was waayy too windy on the beach so I headed off up the ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,842    Replies: 9
"Pele (or anyone really);A friend of mine works ay YESCO (its a sign company) and he got the people in the shop to do a sticker design for my fire group, and flames in vinyl to put on th..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,349    Replies: 17
"What do you think the best kind of poi that isnt fire to use? I would like to use fire, but my parents are far from thrilled with the idea, so i guess I'll have to pursue alternative me..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,326    Replies: 5
"*I LOVE POI* *grin* (had to get it out..sorry to waste a post doing so..)I love it more now than I did when I first fell in love with it. I can attest to the fact that it has not only o..."
Last Reply by
Views: 6,448    Replies: 44
"Just read that you guys won...Xaeda... not a real surprise, master ! Sage , when do we get to see your bit ???Malcolm, you said you'd give us a preview... sooo... ????just can't wait t..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,752    Replies: 20
"This place(rennfest) kicks @$$!!heheh i've been going for a few years now, but this is first time i've gone with the ability to perform during drum circles. muahaha... the Firebreather..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,401    Replies: 26
"In another thread, this post came up which I think is a great idea for a thread on its own.I'll keep the guys name out, in case he gets attacked by teenyboppers. They are welcome to at..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,522    Replies: 3
"Hiya everyone. I found some friends who do poi, staff and fire this summer. I want to learn these skills and meet some new friends too. Anyone want to get in touch?"
Last Reply by
Views: 2,647    Replies: 16
"Seems the first total fire ban of the season has been set already. The current one is in force on the Sydney Metropolitan district (amoungst others) from midnight Monday (29/10) to midn..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,122    Replies: 9
"How is Australia for adventure recreation. I might be going to school down there."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,827    Replies: 22
"I have an hour drive to and from work, affording me two hours too many of thinking time. Every once in a great while a feeling of impending doom starts to shape the path of those thoug..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,803    Replies: 16
"Anyone got any good ways of relieveing these uges other then killing someone or breaking something. I don't feel like wrecking my house today or killing my Nextdoor Neighbour.I would li..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,794    Replies: 4
"Last night I learned my lesson on the speed of the music dictating the style of spinning... I'd recently been playing with shorter and lighter poi (which, of course, spin much faster) ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,872    Replies: 34
"Ok, maybe not so much.But in the continuation of my bizzare intrest in what makes other people tick here's another one of those 'off topic questions' that many of us seem to enjoy. I w..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,677    Replies: 30
"hey all, i am new at this, but wanted to know if anyone wanted to post their aim or yahoo mes. screen name, and get like big list of people, who we all can talk to...well, taa taa for n..."
Views: 792    Replies: 0
"I just started a chatroom on aol under Arts and entertainment simply listed as poi if anyone would like to join me.------------------Blessed Be"
Last Reply by
Views: 1,426    Replies: 7
"I searched and didn't find anything, so forgive me if this has been discussed before-But what do you do when you're stuck?I have really cut down on the amount of time I spin lately, i t..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,800    Replies: 10
"So billionaire Mike Bloomberg won the New York City Mayoral race. He spent over $50 million dollars on his campaign, which is $45 million more than his opponent, and enough money to fe..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,557    Replies: 38
"i went to vote today and saw on the ballot paper the Free Marijuana Prohibition party...nice i hope they get into government!!!"
Last Reply by
Views: 4,149    Replies: 1
"Everyday I get people who write to at least one of my three email accounts wanting to know how to do things or wanting information because they are writing papers, etc....I ***never*** ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 9,342    Replies: 25
"I'm looking for information for doing a full body burn. Anything you guys can tell me would help."
Last Reply by
Views: 712    Replies: 3
"did anyone see the austrailian girl with the poi and double staff?She's pretty good.dont ya think??"
Last Reply by
Views: 2,277    Replies: 9
"Was out in the garden having a burn last night and after about 20 mins decided it was getting too cold to continue so I stepped back inside.Later on, watching TV and the nasty habit of ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,742    Replies: 2
"argh, it was at my homecoming dance a couple weeks ago, and me and Hitokage are like the sole twirlers at our school, and the dj had just put on the first techno song of the night that ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,977    Replies: 17
"as for this being a PC page why is it that some peoples grammer gets hassled. as a dsylexic i find it personally offencive that you seem to take pleasure in laughing at someone elses su..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,742    Replies: 24
"Hey all...This has nothing to do with poi, I just need some advice...As it is getting warmer here, in the land of down under. Ants have decided that out house is a pretty cool place to ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,186    Replies: 11
"In Queens, hope everyone is OK."
Last Reply by
Views: 6,229    Replies: 41
"Boring!!! I'm tired of people telling me how great it is "...down the beach..." at the moment. The northern hemisphere is approaching winter and there isn't usually enough ceiling space..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,046    Replies: 4
"malcom how about suppling a straps, string and swilves with a clip product, for the glow stick kids."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,343    Replies: 33
"Many of us in the Northern Hemisphere are now swiftly approaching winter which means hellaciously cold temperatures, shoulder deep drifts of snow and darkness that seems to never end. I..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,260    Replies: 2
"hey all!!!im a british traveller and fire twirler!! im trying to get a meet up with some other people in Melbourne, and have a laugh and a bit of a burn.!!i use poi and single staff alt..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,947    Replies: 10
"I have noticed that, on this politically correct board, that there is an intolerence to sexism and racism. (and rightly so)However, as I am at a 'sensitive' age I tend to notice that t..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,373    Replies: 21
"Does anyone else have a problem with learning moves so fast that all you have time for is poi. I learn at least 2 moves a day. I practice at least 3 hours a day, and can only think ab..."
Last Reply by
Views: 885    Replies: 4
"i can finally do the behind the back butter flie w0o0o ho0o0 im gettin there------------------ITS NOT WHAT U KNOW, ITS WHAT U CAN PROVE......"
Views: 1,317    Replies: 1
"hey malcom.. do u have ne personal poi vidios roaming around here?????------------------ITS NOT WHAT U KNOW, ITS WHAT U CAN PROVE......"
Last Reply by
Views: 1,424    Replies: 3
"Hey we have this college talent night nexy tuesday and i'm scheduled to burn. I'm really excited as i have been spinning for about 6 months and this is my first 'real' performance. but ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,267    Replies: 22
"Please join me in welcoming Josh as the newest moderator to the Board.Josh will be diplomatically and intelligently looking after our Technical Discussion, Poi Moves and Staff Moves for..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,100    Replies: 3
"Hey all.. i've been lurking on these boards for quite some time.. and i love reading about all your stories about fire poi... it has always been a dream of mine to someday twirl with..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,630    Replies: 17
"that sucked, i had some kind of block on my computer at work that wouldn't allow me to check my favorite web site. well, some how some way i can get back here again, dont know how long..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,571    Replies: 13
"What you ppl think of it???i think it sucksOn the tourny its running here now the crowd are the judges now i find it really unfair...i remenber last monday some guys spin there and one ..."
Views: 1,493    Replies: 0
"Hi, i'm travelling on my own through south east asia, in thailand at the moment + wondering if anyone else is and wants to hook up. I was on Koh Pha Ngan for the last full moon party + ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,965    Replies: 14
"What in the world has happened?????????Ive only not been here for 2 weeks and everyone that used to be here seems to have gone.?!?!?!?!?!Wheres the long winded threads by Pele, and the ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 20,985    Replies: 165
"Alright now I am calling out all the players.......who is sending in their footage for the new compilation video competition thing? just wonderring what I am going up against.......com..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,375    Replies: 1
"iight heres tha low down.... me n some of my fellow poiers have made a vidio on a camcorder..now the question i pose to all of ya is.... can i get tha taped version onto the computer a..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,501    Replies: 1
"What is the easiest and most cost effective way to make your video's accessible to everyone???If you know the answer..please be detailed in "How to"...will forward it on to my husband A..."

HOP Newsletter