Forums > Social Chat

Login/Join to Participate
Posted: by
Last Reply by
Views: 1,080    Replies: 6
"Congrats to everyone who made it on the vid.Especially to Dustin Rainey who hails from my city! yah, E-town representing Really wish i got my stuff together to send in a vid, oh well...."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,645    Replies: 26
"I had to brag somewhere. :P I just got a gig at Club 1509 in Ybor City, FL spinning fire for them regularly Thursdays and Saturdays. Yay for me! :PCRD"
Last Reply by
Views: 936    Replies: 7
"Check it out:http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A56348-2001Nov20.htmlUnfortunately, they refer to fire-blowing as "fire-eating" but it is still interesting"
Last Reply by
Views: 3,503    Replies: 35
"Well, uni is finished, so i have gone home. I came home to find two presents from england, a jar of "Loganberry Jam" just sitting there waiting for me (thanks so much Fire princess your..."
Last Reply by
Views: 999    Replies: 5
"I have been spinning now for almost three years, but only recently realized that there were other people out there who take it more seriously than just a cool light show. I have been tr..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,645    Replies: 7
"Just curious as to whether anyone can suggest ways to strengthen the weaker wrist. I just started spinning not too long ago, and I can learn things with my right hand rather easily (at ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 6,661    Replies: 23
"More! MORE! MOOOOOOOOORE!!! I can't wait!"
Views: 820    Replies: 0
"Malcolm,I'm not sure what capability you have with regards to this, so I'll just throw my thought into the wind...But it sure would be nice to know what date everyone registers their "M..."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,813    Replies: 9
"Hello, I just started out trying to spin poi. I know this is a stupid question, and at the risk of sounding like I don't know what I'm doing, which I don't know. I was alittle confuse..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,349    Replies: 20
"Well after learning all the moves on the lessons section in a few months and converting them all from my glowsticks to fire then picking up a few more.....my intrest seems to have dropp..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,015    Replies: 5
"as i save my pennies for my eventual trip to nz i try to envision what i'll be doing with my time... but dont no squat about nz. although my first stop will be the hardware store to bu..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,200    Replies: 23
"okay, the theme this thursday is red white and blue, with kind of a superhero undertone. any CHEAP suggestions that i could do. i am just looking for some crazy ideas for something to..."
Views: 1,704    Replies: 0
"MOVED"
Last Reply by
Views: 1,375    Replies: 7
"hey there, just been looking on the net on the offchance of finding tips about poi, and i stumbled across this beautie! such a brilliant site, well done!! i started playing with poi abo..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,636    Replies: 22
"Yep... it is November 27th on HOP allready... so... thanks for all the sunshine, the energy and the good witty humour you spread on HOP.hugs to youshine on...CassandraPS : And merry ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,275    Replies: 8
"I was on the Straight dope message board today, and this came up. Cant decide whether to reply, or let him figure it out the hard way. http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showthread.p..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,495    Replies: 14
"Just a public service announcement for those of you budding fire trailers... Don't do it where you're hairy. I've been doing it for long enough to know that it burns the hair off. Wh..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,558    Replies: 18
"This is totally unrelated to anything on this site, but an interesting question that I have posed to myself.. (:Someone told me once that the little white lines that occasionally appear..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,858    Replies: 15
"pls pls i wanna see the complete video of the winner of poi! i saw the preview and is mad insteresting thoAlso what about the other videos the other ppl that were on the contest also wo..."
Last Reply by
Views: 645    Replies: 2
"heya! i'm soon getting some fire chains and i wondered if there are any special safety tips i need to learn? Thanx! CPG "
Last Reply by
Views: 2,517    Replies: 1
"I have already been in discussions with one of you lurverly people about doing some work on a web site and I just wanna open the forum somewhat and let everyone know that I'm gonna be e..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,534    Replies: 15
"so i've been breathing fire for the last nine months. i've never understood why it was anything special or scary. i mean, it's easy as snot to do and i've never had any kind of blowback..."
Views: 1,833    Replies: 0
"Hello, this thread is for anyone who is interested in spinning and lives in the Washington, DC or Baltimore areas. I recently went to a large music gather at the armory and found about..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,396    Replies: 9
"oi oi. i have been using practice poi 4 quite a while now and can pull of quite a few of the not 2 hard moves. however my practice poi were home made (as gud as the are) and now i fink ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,841    Replies: 12
"hey malcom are you going to put the electroglow staff back in the shop. i was checking that out.------------------the music feeds my soul that glows and grows with every spin i take."
Last Reply by
Views: 858    Replies: 3
"im @ apple expo in london and your not... bye byeajtag------------------moo? ... is that it?"
Last Reply by
Views: 13,973    Replies: 136
"Fire Princess,just received the raspberry jam by mail yesterday night. and could not beleive my eyes... you are a woman of word indeed !!!MERCI !!!! you rock !!!!please make sure you ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,975    Replies: 18
"NYC, i have heard a rumour (well more than a rumour) that you are a teacher. If this is wrong, im sorry.As i don't think it is wrong i will proceed with my question.I am thinking about ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 6,955    Replies: 43
"Who do you owe a big sloppy kiss to for getting you into Poi...your "Poi Mentor".Do those wonderful people a favour and namecheck them....they deserve it.Mine, "Sonny"...recently died i..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,040    Replies: 16
"Hello everyone, I would like to officially stop lurking and ask a question based on an experience I had a couple of weekends ago. I was attending a pagan gathering and there were severa..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,770    Replies: 24
"I and one other member of the troupe I'm in (We're up to 7 now) were helping out with my communities haunted hayride, doing poi with chem lites for the people in line. Now my partner wa..."
Views: 768    Replies: 0
"Hey heyI was wondering... I'm going on holidays to Batemans Bay in for a couple of weeks... is there anyone up there into twirling, or will I be all alone? Please tell me there are othe..."
Views: 1,103    Replies: 0
"Hmmn. So the Catholic church (historically one of the most inflexible organisations) has said sorry for the role played by the church in the injustices done to indigenous peoples. And y..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,513    Replies: 1
"sorry i have not been on 4 a while, job and stuff.i fire breath now which is cool, but i need to know if there is non casenagenic fule out there????????"
Last Reply by
Views: 4,113    Replies: 40
"Has anyone ever heard of this before. Its like a cirus only much more evolved. Alomost like perfoming arts. I was thinking of catching up w/ the tour possibly trying to join. Fire is a ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,090    Replies: 2
"just been flicking through some posts in the meet section (no not at tescos) and saw you were looking for the juggling troupe in leicester...not sure if you found them or not, but it mi..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,422    Replies: 10
"Every week when we have a spin meet my poor dog is sick when I get home. I have suddenly realised that it is because of him walking in the kero we spin off and licking it off his feet. ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,903    Replies: 6
"Hey all,Last week I was wondering around town, and I noticed how many shops sell clothing that has bad patterns on the material and made out of polyester or other flammable fabrics.For ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,144    Replies: 12
"Hey all- This is not related to poi at all but still amazing and wondering if anyone else experianced what I did last night. I live in massachusetts and there were AMAZING shooting sta..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,500    Replies: 4
"Hi! I want to get in contact with other fire twirlers in Scandinavia or anywhere near Finland. I'm going to travel a bit as soon as possible and i want to practise and exchange tricks a..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,550    Replies: 1
"I would like to start firebreathing, but dont really know where to start. there seems to be very little on the web and I dont know anybody else that does it....how can i learn, what can..."
Last Reply by
Views: 7,097    Replies: 45
"I write articles for an online emag. My column is called "Escapisms" and what I do is basically look for things that people use as "escapes" from reality, research them and write about ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,989    Replies: 19
"I know its a little morbid, but i went to the Vans Warp Tour here in Houston, Tx over the weekend (Concert with about 20 bands, with ramps set up for skate boarders, rollerbladers, and ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,990    Replies: 15
"I thought i might as well learn poi as i love staff so much. So i went and made a tennis ball one. I found it was soooooo slow. Is there a soft heavy learner poi set which you can make ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,642    Replies: 1
"As of yet we still haven't met anyone. If there is anyone in San Antonio that spins, please let us know. We would love to meet you. We have our practice every other wendsday at my house..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,910    Replies: 9
"A few nights ago I dreamt that some guys were trying to kidnap me, shove me in a car, they had me by my upper arms. I woke with bruises on my upper arms where fingertips might have been..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,206    Replies: 1
"Today was the opening day of the largest ski resort in the area. After looking at the web site I noticed something about doing poi while skiing, so I decided to try it. It was soo cool..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,339    Replies: 5
"I'm a fun loving north london lad new to poi. I like clubbing and all manner of unconnected things.Just thought i'd introduce myselffeel free to give me a shoutgreensuk@hotmail"
Last Reply by
Views: 2,187    Replies: 11
"We have discussed in numerous threads the type of music we like to spin to and the type that we like to listen to, so let's not get into that again.Instead has anyone noticed that certa..."
Views: 853    Replies: 0
"... a good site to learn photon dancing you know with the photons on yer hands...do you learn that by yourself doing yer own style or there are some move dunno :/ or videos that can he..."

HOP Newsletter