Forums > Social Chat

Login/Join to Participate
Posted: by
Last Reply by
Views: 1,396    Replies: 2
" http://www.cnn.com/2001/US/12/13/ret.bin.laden.videotape/ everyone should watch this video.------------------~whoosh whoosh whoosh~"
Last Reply by
Views: 3,084    Replies: 18
"Hard trance, progressive trance, and other kind of trance??? i will like to know how to know which is which you know..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,509    Replies: 9
"The question is----How many "friends" have you made since you started doing poi? Since I've been doing it I made lots of new "friends". I got to know the neighbors and my friends wanted..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,187    Replies: 7
"So I've got this budding idea for a fire scultpure using kevlar wick and lamp oil and whitegas...Anyone know any resources or websites that might help me before I go from "brainstorm" s..."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,800    Replies: 32
"Weeeeeee!! *giggles* Id like to say hello before I fall in to my question. Sooo Hello *waves* I have JUST started spinning poi. I think I might be sneaking up an a whole month of pra..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,828    Replies: 6
"here is a pretty good gift idea for that tough to buy for twirler (if there is such a thing) i saw it on yahoo when i was messing around... http://r5.us.rmi.yahoo.com/rmi/http://amos.ca..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,973    Replies: 24
"well its your turn to be happy birthday'd. so HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! your the greatest man, so have a happy birthday to youand many mooooooore!!!"
Last Reply by
Views: 1,769    Replies: 6
"if you got it can you tell me some songs of it??? i wanna know what im hearing and i really dont know what are the names of some songs!!!"
Last Reply by
Views: 3,646    Replies: 4
"It always seems to amaze me of how much of an audience you can get when doing your poi. The one thing I don't get is that most people have no clue what this is. Ha Ha, Thats funny ca..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,807    Replies: 1
"Ok, in January in Melbourne, or somers or whereever, there is this leadership camp thingy that i'm going to and i'm posting to see if any twirlers are goin coz i live in the bush and i ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,049    Replies: 22
"I'm not sure if i'm doing it right or not, but whenever I connect to this poi channel - no one is ever, EVER, there. I'm I just timing things really badly or does no one really use it?"
Last Reply by
Views: 1,859    Replies: 14
"Alright fellow dancers, I still have not gotten my copy (have been running out to my mailbox every day), but being that I submitted a vid myself, I would definitely like some constructi..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,635    Replies: 15
"Hi people,I’m an arts undergraduate, doing a thing called Performance Writing, (don’t ask) and I’ve decided to use the stick in my next project. What I hoped from you beautiful pe..."
Views: 938    Replies: 0
"One of our long-time friends, Dan Pearson, is moving to Israel. Well, we had to give him a memorable send-off, Calefaction style!http://vees.net/g2/.?t=fire/danjam&offset=All photos by..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,980    Replies: 4
"...called "Nut Traces", have a couple of friends that play the digerydoo (<-is that how you spell it?), bongos, guitar, drums, etc,etc...and just get people together who want to play..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,571    Replies: 2
"But I was just wondering if Diane from the Art of Poi vid writes on here and if so under which name?"
Last Reply by
Views: 3,448    Replies: 20
"This would probably be a question mostly for Cassandra, but if anybody else has input to share, please do.Okay, I'll try not to embarrass myself and mangle the language with what little..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,294    Replies: 24
"beth's moving to america in a couple of months. not sure if it's florida or georgia yet, but maybe i'll see some of you guys in the flesh. any o y'all from round there?"
Last Reply by
Views: 3,476    Replies: 1
"i do laser yo yo-tricks, after attending a few techno clubs, and seeing a friend of mine do poi, and then a couple of others, and then a couple more, who all do martial arts and can bea..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,080    Replies: 4
"I spun to opera this morning, more specifically Charlotte Church. I don't know why but the desire kind of came over me to listen to it and then I was moved.I once made a wise crack abou..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,474    Replies: 5
"I have noticed that there are alot of writers on this board, or those who one day wish to be authors.I also have been feeling lately that to express myself and my gripes as a profession..."
Last Reply by
Views: 719    Replies: 1
"http://www.thevenue.org/firespinning.swfa friend of mines video.------------------~whoosh whoosh whoosh~"
Last Reply by
Views: 1,619    Replies: 9
"Just letting everyone know that Incendium has 3 new members ... you can check them out in our new and improved members section at the Incendium Website.Their names are Corsica, Kael and..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,831    Replies: 1
"Well, it end of semester at university, and as always i like to incorparate a little fire into it.So for my paper, i'm describing what i've termed (for now) "Fire Culture"Get back and g..."
Views: 1,306    Replies: 0
"I know this post is kinda in the wrong place, but I wanted to get the attention of the newer spinners as well that may not know to look in the other discussion areas. Please don't beat ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,790    Replies: 6
"So, I'm really frustrated today, so I needed to share. I'm so sick of the bullshit that booking agents pull. I've been working at this club for a few months now and in the past couple..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,205    Replies: 17
"I am doing a report in college about dangerous performers; performers who entertain people by doing dangerous stunts such as fire. In an audience analyses, the people waht to know, "wha..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,403    Replies: 20
"Well, i know i am a little bit early but i wanted to be the first one to post. So happy birthday pozee!!! *hugs*hugs*hugs* erica------------------"come with me to a land o..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,262    Replies: 21
"Maybe it's a dumb question but as a firespinning nonsmoker I'm a bit naive about lighters. I've been using disposable ones that I find/borrow but in wind they suck as you all know... I..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,917    Replies: 24
"Did ya? Well, I was on me way home about 4 am Sat/Sun when I noticed it. There was a totally detached ring of light circling around the moon, it looked amazing.First time I've seen it, ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,357    Replies: 3
"I must say how delighted i am to have found all of you! I have been spinning for 7 mos. now and it has changed my life. I did'nt even know the word poi untill I found this sight. Thank..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,926    Replies: 5
"you know ...its really amazes me sometimes when you leave the place you've always been andg o somewhere new, not forgetting your poi or fire of course!, and interacting with others who'..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,306    Replies: 2
"I have only been doing Poi for about two months. I felt preety confident about doing some fire Poi cause some guys and gals I met at a recent Poi gathering were all about it.Well, I gav..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,110    Replies: 9
"hello people! My name is Nicole. I've been practicing poi for 2 days and I am soooo sore! I have two bruises on my legs, a bruise on my stomach when I got the breath knocked out of me, ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,751    Replies: 23
"Just a little test of your knowledge of weird words http://www.queendom.com/mindgames/quizdom/quiz9.html ------------------C@ntusWe are old, we are young, we are in this together, vagab..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,143    Replies: 20
"First let me get this out of the way, this is not to be a religious debate nor a conversion ground. I would like honest opinions.I am currently involved in a Victorian Christmas show. T..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,981    Replies: 24
"Would you consider poi a style/type of dance, and if not why?ThanksMatty"
Last Reply by
Views: 1,670    Replies: 18
"do you hate it when people watch u practice? The other day i was spinning in my drive, when my neighbor cameout and started raking up leaves in his drive...fine...until he just stopped ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,425    Replies: 1
"Poor rangerbethany is wondering who is going to welcome her to America under the "i'm coming to getcha" thread. She sounds sad and lonely "
Last Reply by
Views: 2,046    Replies: 16
"There's a couple of threads at the monent about teaching our arts, practicing with others and performing as well, with some very diverse opinions of it all.In keeping with this, I'd lik..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,050    Replies: 1
"Alchohol: Liquid ego.Alchoholic: Guy who tries to pull himself out of trouble with a corkscrew.Apathy: The condition of a person who has sat on the fence for so long that the iron has e..."
Views: 1,328    Replies: 0
"MOVED"
Last Reply by
Views: 3,205    Replies: 7
"Hello to all! I come seeking guidance and hopefully answers to my questions. I live in Minnesota, and there just isn't a large base of Poi here. Lots of fire breathers, but no twirli..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,970    Replies: 25
"This is slightly strange so i thought I should share it with you happy shiny people.(boy am i going to get some stick over this)Go here: http://www.yomgaille.com/bordel/un_lapin.html --..."
Last Reply by
Views: 705    Replies: 3
"hi all.. how do you actually attach the wick to the poi when your about to spin fire? i know it's a bit of a stupid question but please help! CPG "
Last Reply by
Views: 2,324    Replies: 6
"yahaaaa!!! i have broken out of the hospital and wheeled my iv unit down to the nearest internet cafe to write you all and say thanx for the love. i had to fight my way through a cadre ..."
Views: 1,732    Replies: 0
"hey Aussies.(and generous folk from faraway lushious lands)...Triple J is running a Real Appeal to help young refugees...you have probably all heard about it...but have you donated? it ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,778    Replies: 42
"This Sponge is a staff artist, though I play around with poi if one of my friends happens to have one with him/her.Im just wondering what the ratio is of Staff and Poi.. and how many pe..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,131    Replies: 13
"...I just wandered in here the other day. Just like to say hello to everyone. I'm Kolong or Ronan....or anything else you might want to call me I just started practising fire dancing, ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,524    Replies: 41
"ok so i know you've all meet one.. or two... three, four..i have been twirling for at least a few years, i'm not sure if i'm all that good, i have grace and i'd like to think i have my ..."

HOP Newsletter