Forums > Social Chat

Login/Join to Participate
Posted: by
Last Reply by
Views: 8,410    Replies: 68
"Hi all, you might not know me, but I have something to say. I'm sick and tired of people walking all over me, of my government deciding how I live, and how I am seen by the rest of the ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,390    Replies: 1
"I dont know if any of you know the Afrikaans language, but i was wondering if anyone could help me: What is fire poi in afrikaans?? Im doing a speech on it, and i dont think my teacher'..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,494    Replies: 1
"As reported in a Syndey newspaper today:"Corporate managers note: when trying to build confidence and motivation in your workers through exercises like fire-walking, make sure they don'..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,946    Replies: 15
"Is it just me or does anybody else out there think that by using heavy poi or staff that can hurt you, but not too badly, you'll get good quick? It seems to work for me. ---------------..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,200    Replies: 1
"When I started poi I didn't really have a clue, and would have probably hurt myself as I was going to just jump into firebreathing as well. Then I found this site, and it has been full ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,859    Replies: 2
"Hi all, Just saying a big hi ("HI") and thanks to everyone who was at Viaduct last night. I was a bit nervous about going up on my own this time as I wasn't sure I'd know anyone, but yo..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,808    Replies: 3
"especially with recent international events, has anyone travelled with their fire equipment recently? any tips on assuring flight check people that your stuff is flammable but youre no..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,605    Replies: 8
"Myst isn't gone, just a lurker now. Darn, all you with your wishful thinking thought you could make me disapear, WRONG!!! Still twirling not as much as I used to but I get some alrigh..."
Last Reply by
Views: 977    Replies: 9
"Just thought I'd point out that the time displayed at the top of messages is actually GMT+1300.. thought someone may care.. if not shoot me.. Tom(posted at 2238 GMT)&lbr;This message..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,297    Replies: 6
"Lately I have agreed to do a few interviews. They have been profile type things (interest, favorites, etc), training, to how I got into fire/acting/dancing/writing....Inevitably the why..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,014    Replies: 4
"This is totally unrelated to poi so feel free to skip it but I needed the input of people who live in / have travelled in / are travelling in France.This summer I have permission to up ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,119    Replies: 6
"i have just seen the movie HAIRwhat a wonderful peace of work!!i think it's my new favorite movie!!of course ive seen it before like 6 yrs ago but it didn't have the same effect...wow!!..."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,348    Replies: 28
"Hey all,what moves are there that you think you might be able to do one day, but arent able to even get close to doing now? Stuff you know is *possible* but very hard?I'll start.1) One ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,949    Replies: 4
"Did any of you see the closing ceremony last night?They did this UV staff routine on the ice which then merged to become moveable stick men style puppets, followed by a uv paint fight!G..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,931    Replies: 18
"http://www.audiogalaxy.com/articles/index.php?a=209&I seem to remember a few people talking about this a while back. Seems they have reached a descision."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,254    Replies: 6
"...at both ends.It seems to be one of those sayings that seems almost inane, until you realize that you are doing it yourself. I am wretched about it. I have so many ideas and begin so..."
Last Reply by
Views: 6,768    Replies: 37
"I love that question. We got it again last night. It's one of those things where SO many sarcastic responses pop into my head at the same time that I don't know which one to pick..."A..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,605    Replies: 6
"Late this evening it was brought to my attention that Dom and myself (Raymund Phule), actually agreed on something. For more information please read the 7th page of the anti war topic...."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,564    Replies: 5
" for me my staff brings me to satoriSatori ?satori is when the mind gives way to action and releases all thought satori is the way of the warrior a warrior does not think about what he/..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,619    Replies: 15
"Can anyone ever remember an olympics with so many temper tantrums?And I just saw a report on it, and with so many internationals on here I thought I'd ask....what is the curling thing, ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,025    Replies: 2
"heh,just found out that "tampa" is a native american word for "burning sticks", and another name for the tampa bay area is "the bay of pohoy" hehe, coincidence? i think not...an ancient..."
Last Reply by
Views: 772    Replies: 2
"Hey,Yesterday I posted my first message, in which I said I was a bit nervous because I'd noticed that people on this board are "really tight." I just wanted to say that I meant "tight"..."
Last Reply by
Views: 793    Replies: 2
"hey - i want to try and get into poi of fire dancing etc. how do i get into it. somebody help!...i always used to think you need a liscence or it was illegal to swing fireballs around....."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,737    Replies: 11
"For the past year I have learnt how to juggle.I have lernt clubs, rings, balls and fireclubs.But here is my BIG SECRET!!!!!!!I CAN JUGGLE AXES.full on 1.5 kilograms axes.iam starting to..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,484    Replies: 13
"Number of physicians in the US: 700,000.Accidental deaths caused by physicians per year: 120,000.Accidental deaths per physician.... 0.171 (U.S. Dept. of Health & Human Services)Number..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,174    Replies: 9
"hey my lovlies!Just a quick one to let all that care know that I'm still alive and well.I finished work with an evil telco about a month ago and have had no computer access since then, ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,331    Replies: 15
"Im making a website and im making a "Silly things to do" section and a "Plain old jokes" section. Anyway im asking for the permission to use the material from the topics..."A joke" by P..."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,297    Replies: 57
"I will start off by saying that I know it has been discussed, nay arged, about before. I searched, but didn't want to add this to those threads because this would go as a second though..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,021    Replies: 39
"Im getting a little worried our most chatty member or it would seem to be has left us or at least not coming here as often as he used to.CANTUS IF YOU ARE OUT THERE SAY HELLO !!!!!!"
Last Reply by
Views: 1,805    Replies: 13
"Well you are probably thinking fuckwits when it comes to churches that act like cult groups.There is one in wagga wagga and they are nothing but a bunch of paracites.I have nothing agai..."
Last Reply by
Views: 9,278    Replies: 39
"Ok i'm a Junior in high school, and we were suppose to write a paper in literature. The paper was to be a "How To" paper, using any topic we want, in 8 steps. So i wrote my how to pap..."
Last Reply by
Views: 9,465    Replies: 76
"Hey All,At work and as you are well you know you are bored right...so I was looking out my 10th floor window of the little office cubicle I sit in, watching the activities of the city. ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,172    Replies: 12
"so get this...i was at the local roller skating rink skating around when i saw a guy spinning some glowsticks around.. and he was doing the corkscew move that i havent been able to nail..."
Last Reply by
Views: 8,282    Replies: 34
"Take this quiz: 1. Name the five wealthiest people in the world. 2. Name the last five Heisman trophy winners. 3. Name the last five winners of the Miss South Africa contest. 4. Name te..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,505    Replies: 4
"Hi everyone. My marching team have just had the highlight of our proposed NZ Champs routine canned due to fire regulations at an indoor venue (teams have done fire clubs at indoor venue..."
Last Reply by
Views: 8,984    Replies: 77
"This is inspired by a radio show here in the UK called "I'm sorry I haven't a clue". The basic idea is to say one word that is completely un-related to the previous. As soon as a link i..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,609    Replies: 4
"Its really late at night right now and I'm really bored... I just cleared out my entire college dorm room so that I could practice poi in my room. This is so sad. But anyway.. I just..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,435    Replies: 3
"Hi Malcolm. I just updated my signature with my new homepage address and none of the links seem to be active. Is HTML/UBB code off in signatures? If so how come?Or maybe I'm just doing ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,580    Replies: 24
"has mr bush got any thing to say to people other than 'lets fight the terrorists.' i watched him address the japanese parliment today. i felt sorry for them (the japanese) he had the ch..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,768    Replies: 7
"I'm just curious how important it is to have lots of money and be succesful in other countries. Cause in America if your not succesful your looked down upon. I mean artists/painters ar..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,472    Replies: 8
"Hi I just reserected the breaking the law post to enquire about the law in the UK, but I can't see me post or anything after Pele's reply this time last year. Am I being a doofus?Please..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,589    Replies: 10
"I think I think too much, or wait am I thinking needlessly about thinking too much, arggghhhhhhhh brain hurts i'm thinking to much......Anyhow back to what was saying, does anyone know ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 8,284    Replies: 17
"to get decently good at either poi, staff, glowsticks, whatever...and also..how in the world do you pronounce POI! this has been irking me for some time.."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,844    Replies: 13
"theres alot of talk about your favorite music to spin to, i know i'm weird but usually i spin with in silence, and although spinning to music is sometimes enjoyable i fine it dictates t..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,409    Replies: 18
"Hey Kids,Recently I was lucky enough to get some clubs from Malcolms shop and BABY! I've been loving it! I've learned to juggle em, and while at a big festival a month or so ago, Stone ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,229    Replies: 12
"Wanting to get more into fire performance in my city, I have been doing research to make sure I have all my responsibilities taken care of first: I have been looking into performer's in..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,242    Replies: 9
"I am not sure I really wanna get into this, as I doubt I would be any good, but I was wondering how I would go about getting started if I was interested. How did you first learn?-------..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,483    Replies: 16
"Post deleted by Orin"
Last Reply by
Views: 1,936    Replies: 4
"Does anyone have any information on how I could find accomplished firetwirlers willing to perform at an event in France (South Burgundy) next August? Any names will be helpful as well a..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,294    Replies: 2
"Malcolm can you throw in a link to"http://www.homeofpoi.com/photos/photo71.htm"from the pic page?I also noticed links to "photo70" & "photo72" are missing.Im one of the many people eage..."

HOP Newsletter