Forums > Social Chat

Login/Join to Participate
Posted: by
Last Reply by
Views: 3,507    Replies: 30
"I've noticed that the Anti-war thread has gotten a little long and off focus, and seems to be now a little more like a "let's bitch about everything" thread. So I took it upon myself t..."
Last Reply by
Views: 944    Replies: 8
"Noo... very far behind a broken bone is being sick. And I'm there! *sigh* People outside haven't seen me spinning in a few days. *twitch* And last weekend I was on a hike with my scout ..."
Views: 660    Replies: 0
"MOVED"
Last Reply by
Views: 1,991    Replies: 26
"When in Florence I boughtr a lighter and set it up to make a one and a half foot long flame. So my teacher finds it and confiscates it. Now this teacher just so happans to be a chain sm..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,205    Replies: 4
"for practise poi how about that stuff you put on hockey sticks and tennis rackets and stuff oh and staffs of course. that would be nice on wee fingers------------------ALIBABACHICKENMA..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,694    Replies: 24
"I'm going to be in London at the start of april. just want to know if anyone can recommend a reasonably priced but nice hostel to stay in for a couple of nights?I stayed in Belushi's in..."
Last Reply by
Views: 6,077    Replies: 77
"it seems that they're unavoidable! the space left when I stopped a drug addiction has been filled by an addiction to fire twirling. its all i can see when i close my eyelids at night,..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,552    Replies: 19
"hmm so i just wondered are you actually serious about the whipping boy thing Pele? And whoever else made references to it... just curious..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,454    Replies: 13
"alright heres my deal, ive been spinning for about...2 1/2 months now..i have progressed fairly fast(at least in my opinion) and lately i havent had much practice time. well i picked up..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,059    Replies: 17
"My girlfriend and I were talking about this last night, and wondered if you lot could maybe shed some light on this question. We were wondering if spinning (Poi in particular) is good,..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,674    Replies: 10
"Seriously, I was paging through part of roll-call and it seems like tons of people are near beaches or have been on beaches a lot-- are there just more beaches then i think there are or..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,845    Replies: 23
"i as many others have noticed i'm sure thatd you have a way with the ladies on hop, are you as slick with the ladies in real life.i do remmeber you begin absent awhile back and that was..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,483    Replies: 10
"Many of you read the thread about what happened in my home last week...the fire. I thank you for your support and sympathies.However, there is something that is really interesting that ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,001    Replies: 13
"I got an email the other day, I read halfway through it befor I realized what it was talking about...I have recieved emails from people asking advice on poi before (you know: twirling ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,756    Replies: 14
"Ladies and Gentlemen... I ask you all who live in Melbourne, to open your poi's and hold up your fire sticks... for I need a new home... I am a brizzy boy who hasn't been twirling for a..."
Last Reply by
Views: 973    Replies: 5
"I was just thinking... and god damn did it it hurt... but does Melbourne have anything like a Moonfest... If you don't know what the heck I'm talking about... You see I'm rom Brizzy, an..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,642    Replies: 3
"are there any spinner/twirlers that have been to burningman or are planning on going this year? what are your experiences like? any fire conclave members? i attended last year and was a..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,101    Replies: 2
"i have this idea!!!we get together here for some chitchat or a little quiet reading at least once a week, but usually at different times, we seem like ships in the night.this idea could..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,676    Replies: 33
"Ok, I have a reason behind this request. I need an international project to do for one of my classes at school, and I didn't have any ideas until I thought of this.... but I need to pro..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,442    Replies: 6
"Did anybody watch the academy awards? The best part of it was cirque de solei's performance. One of the performers used some kind of giant flaming ball that looked like a single poi. ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,051    Replies: 11
"so get this...ive just been signed on for my first paying gig! Its for this Fashion designer woman who specializes in costumes etc. Theres a big fashion show happening at the end of Apr..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,173    Replies: 2
"I heard from a friend there was a fire dancer from new zealand on elimidate shown here in the states last night. anyone see this? who was it?Vlad"
Last Reply by
Views: 1,853    Replies: 2
"just looking through the shop when i came by these ultima swinging tubes, anyone wanna comment on them??steve"
Last Reply by
Views: 7,063    Replies: 13
"i need to exercise. really, really need to. firetwirling is the most strenuous thing ive done in two years.can anyone suggest a non-competitive, group oriented, cheap/free exercise form..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,755    Replies: 29
"Yesterday we suffered a severe power outage here due to a windstorm. Today I was out of town when the power came back on. A short or surge or whatever seemed to cause a lamp to ignite s..."
Last Reply by
Views: 6,592    Replies: 16
"Hey you guys should try Kava Kava root to relax.. you make it into a tea. Its really good. The South Pacific islanders do it.. and they created Poi.. so we should all enjoy the Kava p..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,144    Replies: 6
"In London here, I can just pop over to Oddballs and pick up a set of juggling balls or a contact ball.. acrylic, glass, whatever..soon I'll be back in Canada, Toronto to be exact, and w..."
Last Reply by
Views: 6,531    Replies: 11
"Alrite so heres my storywhile spinning in a club on saturday nite, I was competing in a circle when the glowstick I was using as a handle came loose, the string and the lit glowstick we..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,211    Replies: 22
"one of the things i have learned recently is that out of doors and the cafeteria and gym at my school are prolly the only good places for staff. and poi have this odd tendency to hit th..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,669    Replies: 7
"It's Friday!!! And to celebrate here's a superb link for old skool computer game lovers:http://www.youngprimitive.cz/pong.swfHave a great weekendFireMorphster"
Last Reply by
Views: 2,245    Replies: 21
"i read a book a few years ago which explains some people preference for fire and some for the glow.it goes something like this. our brains are wired in such a fashion that we like to se..."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,641    Replies: 24
"Heres a long but very interesting article which looks at the "open source" practices in the most indepth laymen's article I've seen.http://www.newscientist.com/hottopics/copyleft/copyle..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,585    Replies: 13
"so heres my question thats been bothering me since i joined this site...Who is the chick in the demonstration videos? Is she like the goddess of poi?So any info or theorys on the identi..."
Views: 1,035    Replies: 0
"http://www.bassbintwins.com/main.htmgo to movies link and click on the second one pic.The guy spins like at warp 9, heh. If he ever messed up he'd be knocked out ------------------&lb..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,887    Replies: 11
"I bought a pair of chained, rubber ball practice poi about a year and a half ago, but didn't practice much. They were basically an impulse buy at a local open air market that had a nice..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,669    Replies: 32
"i finally ordered and watched COL2. i am not disrespecting anyone at all, and i was quite impressed, but i actually expected more. i certainly can't perform everyone else's moves on tha..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,667    Replies: 6
"I have just received my fire poi in the mail sp I have been reaeding up on all of the safety stuff. What I'm wondering is what do you do if you hit yourself. I have gotten pretty dece..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,429    Replies: 16
"hey all, not sure where i should have put this, i wanted moves for staff and poi. basically i was wondering if anyone has done any body balancing, and if they had any ide3as of staff o..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,612    Replies: 6
"Something i found out a long time but forgot.Pretty much a cross handed figure 8.-Start out with a 5 beat weave motion on your left side going right. -On your right side, instead of co..."
Views: 1,800    Replies: 0
"i`m coming down from sheffield this weekend for hopefully an extended stay hope to at some point be in touch with fairyhelen` friend who has the h.o.p. firekit - to arrange - 1 way or ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,708    Replies: 19
"Hey Guys, Didnt know who to ask this question so thought i'd ask u lot so hopefully i'll get a varied response.I split up with my b/f in October an since then can't stop thinkin about h..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,417    Replies: 13
"Hello all.. i was wondering if anybody knew of any links or books of where i can aquire proof that in the early medieval times (any where from the fall of the roman empire to 17th cent..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,901    Replies: 7
"I've just finished reading a book and wanted to share a quote with you all. It's something that really touched me and made me think about the way I live my life."I want to be thoroughl..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,676    Replies: 13
"Click here.Study the picture. Try and work out what's wrong with it. Look carefully, it'll take you a while to spot it....."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,121    Replies: 34
"OK, here i go again gettin all preachy...i was at a party this weekend, a party which i was scheduled to perform at but got cancelled and then relocated, but to make a long story short,..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,840    Replies: 21
"Last night I had my first light-up with the staff. It was great. Admittedly, my repertoire of moves is limited, and I had a few drops, but I also had a lot of fun and didn't burn myself..."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,171    Replies: 65
"has any body got any advise about what u do when in these sircumstanses? wish to poi, have no poi, can't make or buy poi!!!!! PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!------------------Kymic, Keep smiling..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,600    Replies: 10
"Ok folks since I have a broken leg and thearmy doesn't want me to work for them during my recovery I have decided to do something I have longed to do for a long time. This is to learn a..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,160    Replies: 25
"AH, crazy newbie, I really didn't need a new addiction. But I went to a party last weekend and I saw firestaffing and firepoi for the first time....oh, wicked cool. SO I made my own po..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,378    Replies: 10
"Just a little intro. I feel I already know most of you. Been actively browsing this site for a while, just registerd today. I had to give a shout out to Pele. What a terrible thing to g..."

HOP Newsletter