Forums > Social Chat

Login/Join to Participate
Posted: by
Last Reply by
Views: 2,580    Replies: 18
"Many things in spinning are automatic to me now. It is not so much of a challenge as a flow, and so, I can get bored with poi. I did not know this until tonight. In doing so I realised..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,744    Replies: 2
"...well, it's not really a paper, more like a research proposal for this one class i'm taking: i don't actually have to do the research, i just need to state how i would go about doing ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,839    Replies: 2
"Heyas! If you were there then hey again, if you wernt... WHY THE HELL NOT!That was so cool, thanks to everyone being really friendly and sweet and for rescueing me from the paparazzi......"
Last Reply by
Views: 1,999    Replies: 4
"I was practicing yesturday and this random girl took a picture of me and asked me a few questions about what I was doing and today one of the pics and a neat little description of poi a..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,421    Replies: 12
"I would just like to put it to the jury "Do you think that there is a single shred of decency left in Humanity" cos as far as I am concerned everyone just seems to turn to s*i* sooner o..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,524    Replies: 2
"Went to a really good party at this 18th century mansion in Devon over the weekend which was organised by mates of mine.Just wondering who from hop was there? I was pretty wasted but I ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,037    Replies: 24
"I have to start by saying i almost like the image of the note on the wall for this one...nehow, i was at another discussion board, and this one post was tripping all over the right to l..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,330    Replies: 16
"Ok this has really got me going... ( not in that way... ya sickos) but at 22:35 on the 7th of may, I see that here is 53 guests... Don't just sit there people... register... come in and..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,838    Replies: 11
"This is horrible and wrong. And you may be a horrible person if you enjoy this"
Last Reply by
Views: 5,141    Replies: 32
"I am not a little person. I am tall and a bit thick in the middle, but not rolly or anything. I have defined muscle and such but my metabolism changed drastically after I had my son.Pri..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,063    Replies: 4
"Hey world! I first saw twirling at Burning Man this past year and was so blown away! I first bought non-fire poi and learned from the instructional video..It's been 7 months now and I..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,806    Replies: 11
"please can anyone help there are two things i am looking for, firstly im totally addicted to purple and desperately looking for purple led poi's are they available anywhere? the second ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,033    Replies: 15
"I was spinning in my favorite twirling shirt the other day, it's ok the shirt wasn't that good. And it lit up, after a little think I found out why. You see, kero is flamaable, and has ..."
Views: 1,664    Replies: 10
"ahh. . . finally my beaming poi arrived, no more hurting myself with my friends. and damn, now I gotta wait for dark."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,201    Replies: 5
"I just HAD to tell you all... for some reason...I'm just finished my jumping around going woohoowoohoo... I just did a one handed butterfly... with my socks... "
Last Reply by
Views: 1,386    Replies: 6
"After just playing with sickpuppys "Whats its like being a sucide bomber" i thought maybe i should lighten the mood a little. This games a little less............blood thirsty, and qui..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,427    Replies: 14
"who has HoP as their Internet Browser home page???I do...Jephyre does Anyone else?"
Last Reply by
Views: 2,845    Replies: 13
"Ok... tonight was meant to be a night of fun and fire, but I have walked away slightly more damaged than I intended to... I was quite happily twirling away with my poi when I discove..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,035    Replies: 8
"woo hoo!! i got my belly peirced on saturday, and oh how I screamed!! the pain of it!! id like 2 take this oppurtunity 2 say: woohoo!! and ouch!! lol. "
Last Reply by
Views: 3,371    Replies: 14
"Poi moves come in two (main) families, butterfly and weave variations. Which do you prefer?I'm only asking because up until quite recently, I much preferred weaves, but for some reason ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,010    Replies: 2
"I pulled a dumb move. I spent 5 minutes walking on stilts and figured I was ready to light my poi and spin up high. I was wrong. I fell on my ass and broke my fall with my wrist. Af..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,314    Replies: 5
"Well, I'm not the psychosomatic kind, I think , but recently I have discovered on 2 occasions that i have caught bad cold about 1-2 weeks after doing some firebreathing. Some bad slim..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,254    Replies: 7
"hehe, if anybody needs a break from their over serious lifestyle, take a step back to those early-pubecent days of yore with this lovely website http://www.rathergood.com/buffy/..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,278    Replies: 4
"It has nothing to do with poi, but I figured that some would like this. Go to http://www.chesapeake.net/Weather/Chessie/chessie.html to see the storm that my friend was just in. The ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,495    Replies: 6
"/rant mode onSpun at a grand opening for this club in my city. Should have practiced a bit before hand lol. I've spun fire a whole 3 times this year before the gig. Boy did it show. ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,757    Replies: 22
"I just received my Eurostar tickets to London for the 17th - 20th of May... gotta get ready for some major fun and hugs and sunshine too just had to share my happiness wit..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,012    Replies: 7
"I'm in the middle of me exams in college and I found myself twirling outside my exam hall before they started... It felt a bit strange when everyone else was doing normal things like st..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,036    Replies: 2
"I recently discovered fire dancing, and was interested in writing an article on it since it appears to have become relatively popular in the past several years. what are the roots of fi..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,969    Replies: 20
"I don't really want to discuss politics per se but just thought I should tell you how I feel about what is going on in my country.you probably heard of the fact that Le Pen reached 2nd ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,385    Replies: 1
"Hey everyone, I'm going to be traveling through Europe for the summer in about two and a half weeks. I want to bring my fire stuff with me and was already planning on just checking it ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,797    Replies: 3
"is it just me or is liquid pop dancing and breaking becoming more mainstream. i mean the girl in the mitsubishi commercail is doin it, nothing against it because i love it and i always ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,969    Replies: 16
"Ok this is a bit of a moan I've just Emailed someone off this web site just to see if they wanted to get together for a sessionof spinning. Thats not a crime is it ??? But this person s..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,967    Replies: 9
"Aww hellz ya, just bought my first set of fire poi!!!Pozee I am gonna need some quality spin time man you up for it next weeked?Ohh next weekend is that big party on the 10th yes perfec..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,981    Replies: 14
"Let me paint you all a picture of my night of the 1st of may... It started off like any other... With me walking down the street to get to the train station. Now being the trolley lovi..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,810    Replies: 10
"Recently in Rochester, NY USA a man was arrested for raping a 14 year old girl. Now it is coming into light it wasn't just one, but several women of several ages have been somehow traum..."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,192    Replies: 23
"Hey guys!!! I thought id jump in and throw down a post. Since yoose guys are my second family, i thought id share with you that tomorrow, may 2nd, (here in the states) i will be 27 yrs ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,071    Replies: 18
"How much does it cost? More for international students? Will they hurt me? Anyone know anything about citizenship in ur countries? Help Please!!And on a different note, hwo do you make ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,762    Replies: 4
"aloha peoples.just wondering if anyone else here suffers from rsi, and if you do what you do to help it. Im a computer junkie and got it that way, but lately when ive been practising wi..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,933    Replies: 20
"Heloo evribodipeeps!!I got nuffin 2 say exept- Dom's a Don.(he knowz why I say this, it's a REALLY BIG secret and no-one else is alowd to know!)Only kiddoodalin! Thankyou again Dom, the..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,838    Replies: 13
"As a fire dancer that is.yes, tonight I went to Fireplay L.A. and lit up for the first time. It was amazing! I'm so happy. I didn't do it for that long because I was a bit nervous (it..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,788    Replies: 8
"Greetings All...Hope all is well... There is a question on my mind.... What is more impressive VISUALLY!!!Fire or some wicked LED equipment??I keep on getting stuck between the two...On..."
Views: 2,360    Replies: 0
"I just got sent this line-up, seems legit: Friday - Nelly Furtado : confirmed on website (Pyramid Stage?)- Alabama 3 : confirmed on agents website (Pyramid Stage)- Idlewild : conf..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,575    Replies: 1
"Hi, all.I was just on the San Francisco Indymedia site reading an article about the May Day rallies, and it mentioned a firespinner being arrested. Anyone know anything about this, or k..."
Views: 2,724    Replies: 0
"Okay, I couldn't find a spot for posting other websites, so I'm sorry if this is in the worng place, but I HAD to share it with you all. http://www.y2khai.com/videos.html I won't ruin i..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,962    Replies: 6
"Every movie i watch about teenagers and growing up the parents always say don't be like that and be this and be that. That is the reason for the kids to act like classic teens and rebel..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,397    Replies: 9
"Ok, everyones made mistakes, now time to share it with the world....A cautionary tale....Mine was when I was living with a couple of mates last summer. They had never seen poi before, s..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,378    Replies: 7
"Okay due to the fact that everyone loves helping others (or you all should) help me with my school work, and it's okay, it's fire orientated.Care to comment on these following things?1...."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,721    Replies: 2
"Sorry if im now posting illegally, but wanted to show some pictures of a show that the Wick Effect did recently in Sydney called Lucid.http://frenzieeee.tripod.com/lucid/Feel free to mo..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,479    Replies: 15
"Hmm, i can't put my finger on it but there's something wrong. When someone responds to a message it usually goes to the top, but it's not... i think something someone messed with the t..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,668    Replies: 2
"First I'd like to say THANK YOU SO MUCH!! To all the twirlers that came to my party last weekend.I know it was a little over-crowded at some points, but I still had a fabulous time and ..."

HOP Newsletter