Forums > Social Chat

Login/Join to Participate
Posted: by
Last Reply by
Views: 1,059    Replies: 1
"I thought that since i havent done firebreathing many times i thought i did alright esp in front of so many other talented ppl!Really enjoyed it met some cool ppl though me being a bit ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,751    Replies: 1
"So i'm going to Cozumel Mexico tomorrow. I really want to spin fire poi on the beach. Is this legal in mexico, is their any form of regulations against it, or codes I need to know abo..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,467    Replies: 6
"Hi peoples,Has it been done, poi like 5 meters long or more.. I imagine that you would have to stand on a ladder or riser or something. But anyway is there anyone out there who has done..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,834    Replies: 27
"it was lovely to see so many people at the london version of poi-in-the-park i was just curious as to how far from the park - an unladen`d spoon - with probably pieces of cassandra`s ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,391    Replies: 2
"A comment Pele said in the thread about being shy at PIP made me think.Depsite doing a lot of perofrming, practice and busking, I hardly ever see other poeple performing.Sure I see a bi..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,194    Replies: 5
"Hi newborn is back in the house but only every so often as there are so many msg boards i is on i forget where the fcuk i am lol!!!Yeah how are u all most of u don;t know who i am but h..."
Views: 905    Replies: 0
"Geuss what. I bought the Ring of Power from the LoR today for a 1$. Now who invisible"
Last Reply by
Views: 2,320    Replies: 5
"Well, I am about to start my Long March. That is, my solo drive from Michigan to California. I'll be at Stanford all summer doing research.Today I hope to hit mid Iowa. Tomorrow, Asp..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,952    Replies: 2
"i was spinning on the beach today, showing off all of my new moves and fighting the wind (i didnt last too long. the wind was stronger then my will...) so anyways, everyone on the beach..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,314    Replies: 4
"After being assigned the most ridiculous assignment known to man in one of my courses this semester, I decided to do a portion of the project on poi.I was wondering if anyone had any in..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,732    Replies: 15
"Alright then, me' Chunley Warners, Celestine Prophecy:1) A book that comes along just once in a lifetime...or//2) A bag of badly written hippy shite, with a vaguely uninteresting storyl..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,086    Replies: 7
"*hands Kinudin 2 big barrels of assorted candy*There now I don't feel guilty for taking your candy"
Last Reply by
Views: 2,719    Replies: 26
"One of my friends brothers is a rave dj and organizer. He is also really deep intopsychology. It seems that there are musical pitches and vibrational frequencies that have an effect on ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,142    Replies: 9
"I've been itching to hit up a club lately (I haven't twirled glowsticks in about 6 months) and since I'm an old man now (29) there's no way in heck that I'm dragging my "friends"... so...."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,330    Replies: 9
"Well I finally got to spin fire and it ROCKED!!I've had a set of Kevlar fire poi for almost 2 weeks now and haven't had the chance to light them and finally got the chance to. (read: it..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,460    Replies: 10
"We were talking in P.E. today about the Parolymics and I got to thinking not only how cool and impressive those guys are but if there are any Para-twirlers out there? I'd say more but I..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,946    Replies: 11
"I just spent 5 minutes trying to work out what an "iste" was in someone's post. It was a typo and they had meant to say "site". I am really tired... What is the stupidest thing y..."
Last Reply by
Views: 7,040    Replies: 54
"Hey some of you probably have seen this, but I thought it was a pretty cool moral dilemma, see how you go..You are driving along in your car on a wild, stormy night. You pass by a bus s..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,906    Replies: 3
"This is sort of an appendage of the "Moral Dilema" post but that post sort of changed topics to this, so here is my puzzle, one of my favourites cos it's they only one of these damn thi..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,345    Replies: 2
"I'm sorry guys to bring this subject into the areana but I just found out Stephen Jay Gould died earlier this week of the C If you don't know who he was, he was a brilliant thinker a..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,315    Replies: 8
"How many spinners on HOP are from Canada. Any of them live in B.C."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,394    Replies: 8
"Ok guys we need a big spin get together on Vancouver Island sometime soon. Dragonfly when will your troupe be free?"
Last Reply by
Views: 1,768    Replies: 12
"GRRRR... all I see is Loundon... Loundon Loundon... Does anything ever happen in the western hemisphere? I live in South-Eatern U.S. and NOTHING in any realation to Poi ever happens he..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,639    Replies: 5
"ok, I just saw the new poll and I gotta say somethingit states: fire users:do you cave a copy of the MSDS for your fuels?and the first answer is: dont use fire.now by the first two word..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,808    Replies: 19
"hey there poisters and twirlers,i'm not a regular poster on here, but am in a bit of a pickle and was hoping some creative minds may be able to throw some ideas at me - maybe i'm not th..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,382    Replies: 8
"I need inspiration to get this dang skit written.... it's basically some young aussies and poms making fun of americans... and some clueless stereotyphical valley american brats.... I'm..."
Last Reply by
Views: 9,756    Replies: 71
"does anyone here reckon ingesting hallucinogens or any other kind of drug for that matter makes them twirl 'better'? i.e. you *really* do twirl better - your friends have said so or wh..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,530    Replies: 41
"Just daydreaming at work today and I was thinking about how cool it would be to have our own little community who lived happily on a small Indonesian Island together.A bit like The Beac..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,563    Replies: 9
"A few weeks ago (5 actually) I sprained my wrist snowboarding and had to lay off spinning until it got better.I discovered yesterday that I had in fact broken it, so it's now in plaster..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,366    Replies: 5
"todays sluggy is way too funny not to share (in my mind anyway, no one else will get it)http://www.sluggy.comrelease the baby ducks!worship the comic...Pere &lbr; 23 May 2002, 01:23: M..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,463    Replies: 1
"I'm bored with my hometown... nothin ever happens that is worth hearing about. The police reports have stuff like: Man caught urinating on sidewalk. Fined for loitering. I swear t..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,660    Replies: 13
"Just wanted to send out a huge thankyou to everyone who showed up on Clapham common on saturday. I would especially like to thank all the Hendon guys who let us sheffield lot pitch our ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,077    Replies: 1
"Thanx to those great folks that spun w/me at one of the coldest %%#@* festivals i've ever been to! Contact juggling is one of the coolest things i've ever seen, i just had to spend mad..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,056    Replies: 13
"...last night. I thought it would be fun, and that my son would like it. More than ever I want to get a grant and start my own. I have *never* seen a live show so bad...and to boot...th..."
Last Reply by
Views: 6,995    Replies: 24
"i always liked the contact juggling. i was wondering if any of you know how? if your not sure what i mean by contact juggling..... when people take small balls and roll them like from t..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,970    Replies: 30
"my style is very much like a dance. i bellydance so i incorporate this into twirling.i've been told i am very fluent.i like to spin and twirl pretty slowly.i'm not one of those twirlers..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,152    Replies: 4
"This came up on a mailing list I am on just yesterday, and seeing as how "altered states" is back up top I thought I'd share....To me it's nice to know what people think, and from aroun..."
Last Reply by
Views: 7,219    Replies: 69
"I saw the bootlegged version last night. I won't ruin it for anyone, but I will say that there is some pretty impressive (and beautiful) sword work, including some two-handed sword fig..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,484    Replies: 16
"How did you all get in to Poi?? Where did your interest begin??I can only put my interest down to insanity!!!"
Last Reply by
Views: 5,014    Replies: 15
"I really dont know anything about this art form and maybe this belongs in the Tech area but none the less, can someone jot down some more info for me?What I really want to do is light m..."
Views: 1,626    Replies: 8
"I posted some of my spinning pics on another forum, and one of the locals decided to make a new smiley for me to use: Sweet huh? "
Last Reply by
Views: 1,816    Replies: 20
"who's up for a mas get together over the jubilee holiday?? it would make having all that extra time off worth while Any suggestions on where to have it??anyone want to help s..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,045    Replies: 21
"hmm.. i was just kinda curious as to how many canadians are actually here at HoP??? since i'm very limited to traveling i thought maybe i could find more spinners, twirlers, etc here i..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,009    Replies: 30
"DAMN, I make a good sandwich!! "
Last Reply by
Views: 1,601    Replies: 7
"okay i have a really important exam tomorrow so have been revising all weekend and skived work (losing £60 in process)to prepare for it. I also didnt allow myself to do any staff or ju..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,008    Replies: 1
"To Catboy and all other Run to the Sunners! Ive just read the Jubillee thread and thought id better start a new one!Who else is coming?Were gonna be having lots of chalet parties so ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,516    Replies: 80
"well, if i don't get the money for college, i'm gonna work until i have enough money to move...neways, i've thought a lot about oz, and it still looks like one of teh better choices... ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,788    Replies: 3
"Basically i really really want to go to glastonbury, didn't have the money in time and now its sold out. If anyone knows where i might b able to get hold of one or more tickets - i will..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,635    Replies: 5
"HALLO you sent me an email, that i only realised i had today, mum decided to hijack my email account by mistake, and i had missed odd emails over the last month! I lost your address as..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,539    Replies: 2
"Hey everyone,Well it's 3 in the morning, but I just had to share this! I danced since I was 4 years old...ballet, modern, jazz, point and allegro, company, teaching...you name it. 20-25..."

HOP Newsletter