Forums > Social Chat

Login/Join to Participate
Posted: by
Last Reply by
Views: 3,742    Replies: 23
"Playgrounds are fun. Especially to twirl in. A little tricky at first.Lots of equipment to bounce off.At time I fall.But there's tan bark so I don't get hurt.Cheaper than a trapeeze.An..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,395    Replies: 22
"ok, well, i didn't know where to post this... so, when in doubt social eh?i was watching a friend spin staff yesterday, and all of the sudden i noticed how interesting it is to watch so..."
Last Reply by
Views: 999    Replies: 21
"Can someone explain to me the link between Poi and man visiting the moon?"
Last Reply by
Views: 1,923    Replies: 1
"***"
Last Reply by
Views: 1,343    Replies: 13
"there's more than meets the eye here though. Check it out My new car"
Last Reply by
Views: 2,710    Replies: 22
"I HATE THIS STUPID WEATHER!Rain rain go away, come again, another day.I used to love rain before I moved to Britain!"
Last Reply by
Views: 3,217    Replies: 22
"Right, once again I turn to the group consciousness known simply as HoP, to help me with a dilema. Does anybody know a tune, where in one of the breakdowns there's a sample of this guy ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,042    Replies: 2
"Hey to all, I ask this question for one reason, Yesterday I found myself making up a lame excuse to leave work 2 hours early because I felt the need to spinn after thinking of new moves..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,573    Replies: 3
"So we had a partial solar eclipse here yesterday. It was really cool. I made a pinhole viewer where you project the image of the sun onto a piece of paper through a pinhole in another..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,904    Replies: 4
"Who the hell hates the people out there who pester and pester you to have a go with you fire pois. I was at the beach the other night busting out some moves with friends at some people..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,334    Replies: 4
"Ok, today I am leaving Santa Barbara and heading up to Stanford for the summer. Yo, Bay Area Crew! I know you guys exist, so maybe we can spin together sometime this summer!OK, last f..."
Views: 912    Replies: 0
"Dragonfly, Dangerboy(yet to talk to you) and any other spinners on the island. There is a gathering on Denman up island just before Courtenay. It is on the 24th of this month. I should ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,742    Replies: 23
"okay I am Very f*cking pissed off (no not in a drunk way).Last night I went to my friends house as a going away party.when i got there One of my friends was drunck as , she was almost d..."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,719    Replies: 63
"i always seem to be in long flowy skirts, which is not always easyi dont have special twirling clothes but soon i would like to make some costumes.maybe some pants. i dont think i've ev..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,171    Replies: 7
"Hey all, I got some fire poi but the flames only last for about 3-4min. Last summer when we were in Cancun, i saw a fire poi performer, perform on stage for about 15 min...can anyone ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,583    Replies: 12
"Ok Pele recently was asked to twirl at a baby shower of all places and I gots to thinking how many other weird places has everyone been asked to twirl at? Personally I have not had any..."
Last Reply by
Views: 6,800    Replies: 51
"i just went to an awesome faerie tea party!!! me and 150 of my closest faerie freinds, and a maypole,and fire, and groovy music! all i have to say is that all the prettiest girls in the..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,025    Replies: 4
"What's up everyone?! Guess what... I devirginized myself to fire the night before last. It was such a rush. Everyone had told me about the roar of the flames but that was nothing lik..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,336    Replies: 5
"YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYY! the deal is in the works, the banks have the papers! we may very soon be adding to our 1.5 acre plot, and we will have 4.5 acres of river, oak tre..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,025    Replies: 2
"I've just seen the Spiderman film and it's re-awakened my need for superhero type cartoons (mainly batman and spiderman), but I can't find anywhere that sells them on DVD.So, does anyon..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,292    Replies: 11
"I discovered this morning that my 1969 Morris Minor (which I'd been given as a 21st birthday present) was stolen some time between 11.30 last night when I got back from the pub and abou..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,505    Replies: 18
"Okay if anybody could help me out with this I would really appreciate it. I need a few movie titles that are in french translated into english.Here are the Titles:L'homme qui Venait D'..."
Last Reply by
Views: 718    Replies: 1
"i cant veiw those vids, the computer is a little f*****, but thankyou anyway. cheers daniel "
Last Reply by
Views: 1,249    Replies: 3
"Does anyone use Henna/Mehndi tattoos? and if so, what areas of the body would work well when doing poi? Obviously the palms of the hands are out because they cannot be seen when spinnin..."
Views: 2,301    Replies: 0
"as a kiwi(someone from new zealand the home of poi) i have to share some infomation with you all. first the word maorian doesnt exist, maori is like the word sheep, all clear, sweet. ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,484    Replies: 16
"this was so scary (and fun) i just had 2 share it wit u all. right we were all going to this local music festival so i thought i'd take my poi along. i met this person called mr sunshin..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,464    Replies: 4
"I FIND IT SO HARD TO BELIEVE THE ACTIONS OF HUMANS around me from the "lead" person at work to a boy/man i love very much. it seems a very close gathering here at HOP but i've been a..."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,431    Replies: 23
"I have been booked to perform this coming Weds night.....for a baby shower! The woman who hired me saw me do a exhibition performance and called me straight away for this party she..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,689    Replies: 25
"hey kiddies, it be mushroom season hope you are all having funn...malcom, can you please tell me where my posting is of the refugee issue, i am just interested in what people think and ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,955    Replies: 4
"so i'm seriously considering relocating to San Diego. i've never been there. i've heard all about the weather and the zoo but what is it really like housing seems really cheap too. u..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,424    Replies: 28
"OK people, heres a hypothetical question for you:In the last 9 months, your life has gone completely down the toilet, not only that round the U-bend as well. You've got no cash, and yo..."
Last Reply by
Views: 6,115    Replies: 54
"Just to really meander around, do you ever think your dreams haev any bearing on your life? I don't think I really do, but I've had three types of weird expieriences...1. The dream that..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,748    Replies: 2
"okay, i know that it has already been discussed and ive been looking for about the last 30 min trying to find the thread about it, but if any of you ahve any good links to places where ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,650    Replies: 13
"Here's my problem, It's been plauguing me for awhile and I decided to turn to my friends at HoP for some guidance...I've been going out with a girl for awhile now and this girl is one i..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,423    Replies: 1
"hey for fire twirlers out there, check out this e-card site. i thought it was a pretty cool card to use. http://www.pacificexpressions.com/cgi-bin/upcard.cgi?step=1&pic=mushykine/..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,575    Replies: 14
"lets all celebrate 50 glorious years...or something. At least we have an extra day off. Which is nice. &lbr; 04 June 2002, 22:28: Message edited by: Wikkaman &rbr;"
Last Reply by
Views: 2,891    Replies: 25
"I was recently reading several articles written about the "new phenomenon" fire spinning. In every article the participants were described in a neo-goth-hippy, industrial scene with thi..."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,197    Replies: 26
"Well, the poll on the front page gave me an idea. I'm interested in where everyone has been. Me, I was an only child of two parents who liked to travel a lot, so I have done a fair am..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,807    Replies: 10
"ok so the other night I was spinning, and my friend commented on how much "better" I was then him. I made some comment about how I dont think anyone is better than anyone else, and what..."
Views: 1,522    Replies: 11
"i love yer spinning style ya soo sexy! I liked yer videos =) Got more? "
Views: 1,156    Replies: 0
"Hi Everyone Just thought I would make a post about the free party that we have just returned from Just up from Hinkley point Nuclear Power Station on Steart Common was the Venue, 20..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,407    Replies: 19
"how much does your twirling interfere with your work? (or vice versa) what is your work? will you ever work as a twirler? do you like your job?just interested, ignore if you will "
Last Reply by
Views: 5,299    Replies: 42
"The Giving Firestaffadapted(ripped off) from Shel Silverstein~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~There was once a great practice staff, and a novice twirler. They would spend hours..."
Last Reply by
Views: 941    Replies: 2
"My friend just bought a digital video camera and we decided to head out to a club and film our dancing. I have a 37 meg vid of myself dancing (liquid/popping) that i want to share but ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,342    Replies: 8
"I'm leaving for SanFrancisco tomorrow. I am bloody f*cking exited. I have soooo much to do tonight though, I really shouldn't be staring at the PC. Stupid internet.Yay! gonna get really..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,658    Replies: 7
"i'v seen some seriously amazing sunsets in the last year.... newquay in england, the greek islands.... and now i'm thinking of moving to darwin to work for a few months. and i'v heard t..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,213    Replies: 7
"I have been working with kids to make short poi out of loooooong tube socks, then I show them how to use them. I use my Buzz poi, and bring along my comets. When we are done I let them..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,119    Replies: 4
"well i know there are some french people on this site.well i am going to france and i want to learn these frazes1) you fucking idiot. (i wanna say it my brother 24/7)2) christ here we g..."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,386    Replies: 48
"wots with the 'sexy ladies' post? dude who cares if they're attractive or not? the people are awesome so why should looks matter? "
Last Reply by
Views: 1,816    Replies: 10
"Hooray, i just had my first audiance. I was just practacing in my driveway out the back of the house and a bnch of people walkng past saw me and stopped to watch. I had my back to them ..."

HOP Newsletter