Forums > Social Chat

Login/Join to Participate
Posted: by
Last Reply by
Views: 4,575    Replies: 33
"This is a creativity thread. Finish the sentence above."You haven't felt pain until you've sat through a two-hour lecture on kidney physiology with a full bladder.""
Last Reply by
Views: 3,871    Replies: 43
"First and formost, I am not starting this topic to start a fight, or for anyone to blow up on anyone. I took one of Dom's suggestions (not really a spoken suggestion) and since I have ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,912    Replies: 53
"I don't have to tell any of you that recently mine came close to being lost. The same day as my accident a friend, mentor and really beautiful person I know lost her battle with cancer...."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,569    Replies: 15
"Feel free to vent frustrations here.Suggested vocabulary includes:*"AARRGGHH!"*"BLARPH!"*"AAUUGH!"*"Moooaaaaannnnnn!"*"Phffffttth!"And general primal screams will also be welcome. Expl..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,198    Replies: 5
"Paddy turned 500 posts old today!Congratulations to Paddy on 500 good posts! Here's to another 5,000!"
Last Reply by
Views: 1,917    Replies: 9
"I've decided to go to the Dome for NYE this year.It says there will be 'a hand picked troupe of the very best performers, circus acts, dancers' etc etc.Was just wondering if anyone here..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,202    Replies: 5
"hey everyone, hope your all cool and happy .Ok, I have seen alot of people doing poi who are technically very advancedand who are brilliant, but, who lack something which m..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,375    Replies: 9
"Ok so it may be a bit loony and selfish of me but I feel proud... May 2002 I joined now I got 500 + posts... Thats almost a hundred a month working out to a sick amount per day co..."
Last Reply by
Views: 8,063    Replies: 19
"Another thread designed to make you think.First I have to start with a bit of background. Phaedrus was a philosopher of last century made famous by the 'Zen and the art of motorcycle ma..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,058    Replies: 8
"http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/lifecynical.htmlPlease check this out, it's a nicely done flash film, don't worry, it won't hurt you or your computer I found it interesting to..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,016    Replies: 24
"Please bear (sp?) with me as I update the navigation controls on the top of all pages.Kindest regardsMalcolm"
Last Reply by
Views: 1,128    Replies: 21
"Out of interest, are other UK people ceasing the useage of fire toys during the next 8 days of firemans strikes? I've never set fire to anything personally, but I don't want to really d..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,156    Replies: 5
"I thought this could make interesting reading - hope it hasn't been asked before... What is you favourite place to practice/perform your skills? It could be real or conceptual, past or..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,581    Replies: 10
"what do you love or hate most when you have your poi/staff in hand and walking down the road or performing?i love the weird ass looks i get when i walk down the road with my staff. dunn..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,661    Replies: 21
"Morons"
Last Reply by
Views: 2,957    Replies: 24
"hello all!!so i just got a call from kyrian, she was letting me know her schedule of events. and from what she is saying, it seems that there are a few other people from HoP that are g..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,340    Replies: 4
"I am not baiting anyone, I am not trying to start a fight, I saw a documentery on BBC last night about an Afgani man and his family. They were refugies that went to Packistan to take r..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,831    Replies: 20
"One day, two young students of a wise master decided to test their master and give him a lesson.They captured a litlle bird and held it hidden in their hands. They decided to ask the ma..."
Last Reply by
Views: 907    Replies: 9
"You would think in this day and age when even the most "civilised" governments censor thought and expression, that one ould be able to express anything freely at a place like this ( Thi..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,499    Replies: 9
"on a plane to Ireland for a weeks holiday! Hurrah!!!Have a good week everyone and see some of you folks at Spitafields in a couple of weeks time. "
Last Reply by
Views: 3,052    Replies: 21
"Hello my people..i was at Ren Fair and i saw the people spinning the Zuni's. So of course i went over there to spin and intermingle with what i would assume to be fire spinning types.We..."
Last Reply by
Views: 382    Replies: 1
"This MAY be a stupid question... BUT... do u need a specific type of camera, film or what not to get the pics with the trails?? if so... please explain!"
Last Reply by
Views: 1,215    Replies: 4
"So, i got asked to spin fire for a "ladies night" tonight at this fancy ass hotel.I said that she should talk to the fire marshall about it, and she said i should. I've had bad experie..."
Last Reply by
Views: 920    Replies: 4
"Ha ha we are in Byron Bay...neener neener neener...Now that Ive stopped being so mature just wondering if anyone is in the area? COME PLAY...My leg is fully better and the brace is off ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,314    Replies: 33
"Heya kids,Being a moderator, I get to have an avatar (little pic under my username) but I'm having trouble finding one that suits me. Anyone wanna help? I'm looking for somethin..."
Last Reply by
Views: 717    Replies: 2
"Hey Mike where you at? We aint seen you for a while. Anyone got some info?"
Last Reply by
Views: 3,182    Replies: 15
"Just an interesting question I posed myself.Do you think the board belongs to Malcolm as he is the creator?Or do you think the board belongs to all of us as we are the ones who shape it..."
Views: 910    Replies: 0
"so here the deal, after performing in public we (ashcircle) always talk with people after the performance sometimes the results are just amazing and sometimes amusing ...so talk a l..."
Last Reply by
Views: 964    Replies: 6
"Well i've been kinda busy this week working on a website for a mate of mine and i finally got it finished and would like some opinions on it if you may...constructive or what ever you w..."
Views: 1,195    Replies: 0
"Ok...i just watched this thing on humor and it totally was freakin true. Ever feel stressed or overwhelmed? Humor is the best way to make you feel better. It can cure illnesses and even..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,376    Replies: 11
"I am a really big fan of how people talk, dialects, accents, patterns, cadences (actually I love to people watch). I do this because I coach linguistics to other actors, as how we spea..."
Last Reply by
Views: 949    Replies: 11
"Hey everyone, I haven't been on here for soooo long I just wanted to say Hi to everyone including Malcolm!! Also I want to say thanks to you malcolm your site taught me a lot of what I ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 7,385    Replies: 24
"OK, I am going to india in january for 7 months - 1 year (first time) .Am really excited and nervous . Few questions in general about travelif anyone has done traveling (i expect ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,002    Replies: 13
"im goin for my p's- again- tomorrow... and well lets jsut say- ARG!!!!! im nervous as all hell.jus affraid im gunna fail again from the same thing i did last time... which was doing 60k..."
Views: 464    Replies: 0
"Hi to allWell im not meaning this to get to all those poor peeps, who are going toi have to sit through another British Winter.....but im off to India!!!Woooooooohoooooooooo - Got some ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,513    Replies: 11
"Sorry Pele, but you need to respond to some PM's. Not just read em in your E-mail! You know I luv ya so dont hit me with that whip when you read this!! "
Last Reply by
Views: 1,448    Replies: 17
"and peanuts too"
Last Reply by
Views: 1,006    Replies: 7
"When I was ten, I had lukemia. I'm 19 now, you know, and my doctor says that i need to stop doing this (poi) b/c "its harmful to my health and you still have a weakend immune system" Fo..."
Views: 596    Replies: 0
"Ok okay. i am getting really bored in singapore. worked my ass off..and the travel bug is itching me.ok have saved enough money to get my ass out of this place for a time.... Any sugges..."
Last Reply by
Views: 946    Replies: 1
"Hi everyone I was at a recent music festival called field day in Brisbane Australia, and a beautiful Goddess caught my eye... We got chatting and she told me that she played with fire s..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,564    Replies: 46
"what really really irritates you but its too insignificant for you to anything about...ieall the crushed up bits at the bottom of the cereal packet that taste revolting and go soggy whe..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,667    Replies: 4
"ok people once again i call on your help. (god it'ds like there are thousands of agony aunts/uncles out there) little situation.I live in Cornwall and in the winter the weather is awful..."
Last Reply by
Views: 778    Replies: 1
"HAHAHA &lbr; 19. November 2002, 23:43: Message edited by: THE UNITED CHAINS OF FIRE &rbr;"
Last Reply by
Views: 1,969    Replies: 13
"I have recently been having very vivid dreams involving the medium on the telly John Edward, and in them he is telling me about stuff that is going to happen to me...He told me that I w..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,821    Replies: 27
"This topic is here 2 see who gives the nicest comment or worst comment of all in the land of poi or staff. and if none replie then i'll know u'v all given up on being a family, and inst..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,561    Replies: 13
"i have a problem, i have a fear of something i shouldnt because there is nothing to be afraid of (its a gymnastics thing). my coach said its natural to have fear because its not someth..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,237    Replies: 4
"well mike ginney had an accident involving his bike and some stupid persons car.well it ahppened to me today, mum felt a bit hangoverish and dad was at work, so i had to take care of he..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,338    Replies: 6
"A lesson for us all. But mainly for those with an inner Sick Puppy http://www.homestarrunner.com/sbemail39.htmlYou need sound for this."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,087    Replies: 11
"This question stems from a conversation that a friend of mine started in the pub last night.If you could invent one thing that would change the world, what would it be??? But it ca..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,005    Replies: 5
"So I've tried about 6 different phrazes to search for a topic I KNOW we have discussed. If anyone could help point me in the right direction, I would greatly appreciate it. I'm about ..."

HOP Newsletter