Forums > Social Chat

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
Posted: by
Views: 819    Replies: 0
"If you live in brisbane, on the east side of australia, you'll be happy to know that there is a gathering.So far there isnt many confirmed guests, but this is the facebook invitation/de..."
Last Reply by
Views: 855    Replies: 11
"Welcome Paco, who we rescued. He's 17 lbs of a lot of poodle mixed with...well, have a guess (Westie? Lhasa?) (second image is my partner holding him)He's sweet. He's loving. He's..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,182    Replies: 22
"So I'm painfully shy and socially inept. When I moved to Seattle the only people I knew were from IRC; it was two years before I really started hanging out with them, and another four y..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,067    Replies: 1
"Hi im JessI moved to cornwall last week and i dont know any spinners or groups! Im sure there are lots ! im new to home of poi so can some one please help me or point me in the directio..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,146    Replies: 15
"The entirety of the time I have had my glasses, the lenses have always popped out at least a few times a week, sometimes a few times a day. Just today, I hit myself in the face doing sa..."
Last Reply by
Views: 651    Replies: 4
"I can has cheezeburger?Hey all! I got bored and decided to make an "Icanhazcheezeburger" Thread. Just to talk about those crazy kittehs, share your favorites, and maybe add so..."
Last Reply by
Views: 708    Replies: 7
"Ive been waiting 4 days for my echeque to clear for my poi order. Its so frustrating. Damn you paypal, and damn my conviction of never owning a credit card "
Last Reply by
Views: 6,625    Replies: 64
"What ever would we do without it? It keeps our bums smelling lovely and clean.Let us take a moment to sit and reflect on the wonder that is TP.Or mabey sparkey just needs to go to bed."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,387    Replies: 25
"What do you think. Does the art of spinning and twirling with fire give you more sex appeal... Or less sex appeal.if more, give it on a scale of 1 to 5if less give it on a scale of -1 t..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,757    Replies: 21
"were can i get a good diabolo from, i am going to learn!help me?later days"
Last Reply by
Views: 1,379    Replies: 19
"So I have fluffy poi and usually toss them in my backpack when I go to class, and spend my breaks in the school hallways or common areas spinning. Absolutely nothing fancy, this is comi..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,030    Replies: 3
"So if anyone has been following the progress of this, a Facebook group called "Get Rage Against the Machine to no 1 this Christmas" has gone viral. The idea is to stop Simon C..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,096    Replies: 2
"I'm a newbie to fire breathing and am planning on surprising the family etc over xmas with a bit of a show but need to get my hands on some Pegasol.I live in Christchurch but will be he..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,508    Replies: 8
"Hay, im a student at the university of sunderland studying glass and ceramics, of course every year the 3rd years put on a big degree show and also travel down from sunderland to london..."
Last Reply by
Views: 7,566    Replies: 39
"http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/02/21/nightclub.fire/index.htmlThis has been on CNN non-stop for the last day or so.... Imagine if it was someone twirling fire that started it. &lbr; 21. Fe..."
Last Reply by
Views: 880    Replies: 1
"On the HoP business cards that get sent with the purchases of goods from HoP, it states:'Money back guarantee if you're not 100% satisfied'Does that mean we only get back 80% of our mon..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,060    Replies: 9
"Hey fellow HoPers!! =)I am competing on a television show tomorrow called "Aqui Todos Ganan" (Here, Everyone Wins) and the audience votes for the winner. I will be performing ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,856    Replies: 14
"WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My parents we're going to get me my first set of fire poi for Christmas as a surprise, but they needed me to order it because its on my account and ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,290    Replies: 11
"I just moved to utah for school, and as far as I can tell there are no fire folk to be found here. does anyone know of any groups or individuals in utah that practice spinning poi, etc..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,905    Replies: 3
"So i took the time and wrote a tutorial (with some pretty pictures) on how to make a pair of tennis ball poi for under $20. I made 3 pairs for ~$15, because the tennis balls only came i..."
Last Reply by
Views: 853    Replies: 3
"So recently my girl and I picked up a Feng Shui book. After reading we have already made progress in improving the energy flow of our home, particularly where we spin at. I never under..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,666    Replies: 21
"It's getting to that time of the decade where I should really be splashing a bit of money on a new wardrobe. Almost everything I own is ripped or manky.Plus I'm getting tired of walking..."
Last Reply by
Views: 940    Replies: 7
"My poi count as part of me, right? Monday night was my very first burn, and it was all I might have hoped for. In fact, later tonight (Wednesday by PST reckoning) I'm burning again.SO h..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,278    Replies: 9
"If anyone else here has gotten laughed at, then you know how i felt a lil while ago. I was doing a butterfly with a meteor string which was way too short for me and i hit myself. I wa..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,690    Replies: 12
"Sooooo I had my first spin yesterday. We chose a park parking lot to do it in. Lots of space, few trees, yayness. It was going well and was one of the most amazing feelings id ever had ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 756    Replies: 2
"Just made myself a meteor from cole cord and two foam rubber bouncy balls. thanks to nick for the you tube tutorial. I have to say I was disappointed at first. In my head I thought i..."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,210    Replies: 8
"In Texas, it's against the law for anyone to have a pair of pliers in his or her possession. In Philadelphia, you can't put pretzels in bags based on an Act of 1760. Alaska law says tha..."
Last Reply by
Views: 11,905    Replies: 47
"I sent this letter to Malcolm & CCed it to our local mailing list, but thought I'd post it here as well. Can I get a second? Is there a 'here here!' in the house?--Hi, Malcolm. ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,043    Replies: 9
"I am wondering, how can I advertise myself. I want to preform for parties and I have no ideas on how to advertise myself. Right now I just do glow poi. But later I plan on buying some c..."
Last Reply by
Views: 888    Replies: 3
"Someone found out I really wanted the full bone necklace with the whirling design. So they're getting it as a Christmas gift. http://www.homeofpoi.com/shop/productDetails/Poi-necklace-d..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,567    Replies: 1
"just moved to Ann Arbor area, and looking for some peep's to practice spinning poi's with.......don't be shy, come out and play.....with fire!"
Last Reply by
Views: 1,443    Replies: 7
"m"
Last Reply by
Views: 1,657    Replies: 3
"Well, times are slow here in the good ole' U S of A and I seem to have lots and lots of time on my hands. So I have decided to just start making and sharing tons of poi tricks and hoop ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,736    Replies: 18
"First of all, i'd like to say hello to everyone and say that there are some really great tutorials and supplies for poi, fire twirling etc.I have been using poi for just over a week now..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,390    Replies: 15
"I'll tell you what it equals: lots of spinning practice. I don't deserve nice poi if I don't make hella progress in the next week. (Fortunately, whether I deserve it or not, I still hav..."
Views: 1,095    Replies: 0
"So i am putting together a Global Spinjam in a stickam chat-room (www.stickam.com) anyone can join and chat, and if you have a webcam you can stream too. this way we can all spin togeth..."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,472    Replies: 21
"ok so the guy that makes my poi was saying that it has become harder to get kevlar do to the war going on.......point n' case, he's only found one person selling a decent kevalr blend (..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,967    Replies: 31
"Wicked fun, come and have a go if you think your hard enough beat my wimpish brute http://pyro-mynci.mybrute.com"
Last Reply by
Views: 1,002    Replies: 13
"I say we call it Fecalmitehttp://finance.yahoo.com/family-home/article/108073/vegemite-contest-draws-protests?mod=family-home"
Last Reply by
Views: 1,050    Replies: 8
"I am wondering how many poi, hoop, staff and object manipulators are using twitter and what is the main reason you use it?I try to use twitter as a way to let people know about fire dan..."
Views: 705    Replies: 0
" confirmed just before bombing the moon, it now is official: Guy Laliberte made it only half way... but maybe soon we'll hear of Cirque du Soleil performing on the moon... bring a spoon..."
Last Reply by
Views: 539    Replies: 1
"Yes thats right, myself and by busy workshop are moving!So why, one might ask, in the busiest time of year (the pre-christmas rush) would i decide to close the shop and shift 1,100km (T..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,324    Replies: 17
"Hey everyone,I have been working on self-photography with Poi! Here are some of my results! Here's my Flickr account The first page is mainly fire, and the second page is my LED's, whi..."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,334    Replies: 24
"RIP my crap Win XP laptop! Unfortunately that means that communications in general, and organizing travel, workshops, etc, and making poi simulations, and other media content to share w..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,863    Replies: 8
"I was at a party recently and saw someone there spinning what at first looked just looked like normal white socks with an ogg in the end. But then the whole sock started lighting in dif..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,046    Replies: 9
" Hey guys im new to these forums so please go easy on me Feedback needed if you can please...If there was a magazine covering the community of POI, DIABLO, DEVIL STICKS, STAFFS and a..."
Last Reply by
Views: 994    Replies: 6
"Yeah, just curious if anyone else is trying to do it. I thought a thread where we share our story hooks might be interesting. I'd love to see what other people are working on! Since I b..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,849    Replies: 4
"Hey is there anybody here from South Korea or have visited there. I'm planning on moving there in about a month to teach english (me teach english thats unpossible)and I'm just doing so..."
Last Reply by
Views: 13,790    Replies: 114
"hello , this post is dedicated to those stupid laws that exist all over the place. for example:in california it is illegal to eat an orange in a bathtub , in alaska it is a federal offe..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,788    Replies: 24
"So this is something that I usually find fun to do on other forums, and I think it would be especially interesting on this one as I'm sure there is a huge variety of really good music. ..."
Page: ......

HOP Newsletter