Forums > Social Chat

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
Posted: by
Last Reply by
Views: 1,397    Replies: 2
"what size should i purchase ?? trying to figure out soon so a quick reply would be greatly appreciated "
Last Reply by
Views: 2,834    Replies: 22
"Hello everyone! I am looking to buy some poi tomorrow, but wanted to get some reviews if I can of the Pro Series Multifunction LED poi. I am just getting back into poi and have the very..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,202    Replies: 3
"I have a set of oggz that are green and im wondering if its possible to change the color of them?"
Last Reply by
Views: 14,653    Replies: 34
"For everybody who is to find a single one, their other half, their one feeling of foreverness... listen to my story...Now this story begins not to long ago, I've kept most of you inform..."
Last Reply by
Views: 66,552    Replies: 331
"Bovril monkey"why doesnt anyone realise that its NOT A FOETUS?"(looking at a balloon dog that has a smaller puppie balloon inside..its a dog eat dog world was the desired effect )Arsn"y..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,306    Replies: 17
"Happy Australia Day to all the aussies out there.Reppin' from brisvegas!if there is anyone in brisbane, there are fireworks happening at southbank from 7pm onwards, so come if you can"
Last Reply by
Views: 1,467    Replies: 15
"Every time i come on here it seems pretty dead, so just wondering what time (GMT) do you lot come online?"
Last Reply by
Views: 3,476    Replies: 12
"I just starting to spin to dubstep! And i'm so excited about it! I think it really fits with poi movements and expression. I just wanted to start a page where people can talks about dif..."
Last Reply by
Views: 608    Replies: 2
"Hello Friends,I just found out that there will be no Rothbury Music Festival in 2010. What a bummer! What other music/fun festivals is everyone hoping to attend in the summer 2010? (t..."
Last Reply by
Views: 6,860    Replies: 84
"Who wins? I gotta stick with good ol' Wade on this one... &lbr;br&rbr;&lbr;br&rbr; "
Last Reply by
Views: 1,004    Replies: 7
"http://www.flickr.com/photos/wyattdavisspinspoi/Check them out and let me know what you think also if you have "the space" check out Poi Utah !! http://www.myspace.com/poiutah..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,318    Replies: 2
"Hello Community,As some of you are aware the FIRE cover Equity currently recommends via First Act Insurance is inadaquate for your average fire show. If you are with Equity and would li..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,417    Replies: 1
"A friend gave this to me a while ago. I call it a poem but in reality I feel it's instructions to live life by. I find when I apply these to my daily life... positive energy comes to me..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,187    Replies: 16
"So I was just thinking about how long it took me to figure out that spinning glowsticks on a string was an actual art... lol Ever since I was young, I frequently enjoyed the pleasures ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,768    Replies: 27
"If you've ever ordered from this site you'll know what i mean, sometimes malcolm sticks a few small business cards in with your order.When i got some the first time I thought they looke..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,803    Replies: 10
"alright every1, i have pefected quite a few of the no 2 advanced poi moves but haven't got much of a clue when it comes to linking them 2gether or working out a routine. has any of you ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 665    Replies: 2
"Okay I'm a newbie, but I wanted to ask this for a possible future performance. When spinning for an audience, is there any rules as to what music you can use? Like I mean as far of copy..."
Last Reply by
Views: 862    Replies: 7
"Well it's not definate yet, since I told her it depended on whether or not I'm feel I'm good enough to put on a performance.but I bought tail poi and was using them on my off time at wo..."
Last Reply by
Views: 662    Replies: 3
"I think some of the art work I uploaded might be to graphic. Could you guys check out the link, and tell me what you think of the lights and art, also tell me if any are inappropriate f..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,357    Replies: 3
"G'day!how ya doin?I'm just learning how to use poi at the moment - i did a class at Byron Bay a week and a half or so ago, and came back with a set of poi... once i'm a bit better at us..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,403    Replies: 38
"For quite a while now I have been a varying mix of extremely depressed, mad at myself, and very pissy in general. All caused by one person. Especially over break, I'm not afraid to admi..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,642    Replies: 12
" I have been in contact with First Act Insurance, the people who do the add on fire insurance to the Equity membership public liability insurance, for a few months and been raising the ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,525    Replies: 35
"It's after Christmas and I figured that a New Years topic was in order(Boredom creates cliche topics)"
Last Reply by
Views: 952    Replies: 4
"Well I've only been practice spinning for about two weeks now, and already I've spun infront of people, even though i don't know alot of moves.I know I'm crazy. But I had a presentation..."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,965    Replies: 38
"*deleted*"
Last Reply by
Views: 1,390    Replies: 9
"~ After having dug to a depth of 10 metres last year, British scientists found traces of copper wire dating back 100 years and came to the conclusion that their ancestors already had a ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,112    Replies: 10
"I got bored and went on Wikipedia and I found out that Wikipedia has no pages for any of our famous spinners, for example, no Nick Woolsey or Meenik, no Thomas Johansson or Nevisoul, no..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,076    Replies: 33
"Does anyone else feel awkward spinning in public i.e a park?I do it because its scenic and open but i hate it when people stare. I know i know its a performance art but when i'm trying ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 13,406    Replies: 59
"I tried to find another post like this but failing that......Ok. Let be honest guys. Downloading illegal music from programs like KaZaA and the late Napster IS stealing.It is nothing bu..."
Last Reply by
Views: 855    Replies: 19
"I just happened to see this in the store and thought, "wow people need to communicate more."Gorilla Fist Poi: $163.57Gorilla Fist Wicks: $173.64"
Last Reply by
Views: 1,314    Replies: 4
"just watched your new vid poiboy, well wicked, the turning antispin flowers were fantastic, and the recoveries (from the wrap and orbital) was just as masterful.Great work!here is the l..."
Last Reply by
Views: 7,672    Replies: 49
"Well guys after 6 months of practice and preparation, I have decided to commemorate my 28th birthday tomorrow with my 1st burn. Fortunately the blizzard remnants have cleared out here i..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,058    Replies: 11
"Have any of you had any experiences similar to this?My roommate has a cat and three Schnauzers. Whenever I'm spinning with my practice poi (chain poi with big plastic balls that freakin..."
Last Reply by
Views: 7,290    Replies: 20
"In before "pretentious hipster crap" What are some of your favorite (and perhaps unheard of bands) Independant label and/or "different sounding" ones. I submit - Neutral Milk Hotel - M..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,066    Replies: 7
"Edit: I apologize in advance.Not really sure if this is GOING to be a rant, but hell, that's the subject now and there isn't alot to do about it!*ahem* Anyway, let me just first say I j..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,840    Replies: 37
" User Friendly what can I say..? The author, J.D. "Illiad" Frazer is a genius.. the comic is the funniest thing I've ever read. tho you have to be at least part computer geek to unde..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,320    Replies: 24
"I signed up for an audition with Spinergy Arts in Seattle. The audition is at the end of January, and I basically need to be able to walk in the door with a routine to show them. I'm no..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,342    Replies: 6
"Happy New Years! I'm already drunk and I won't be on for the rest of the night, I'm just on my freind's computer, and within the hour, I will for sure be wayyy too drunkk to thyepe at a..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,736    Replies: 3
"Remember, invest in a Swedish fid if you're going to tie a monkey fist knot, even if only once. Your sanity will thank you for the $7 investment.(Incidentally, I think everyone's first ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,194    Replies: 31
"Wow, I am amazed at how knowing the right people can mean everything in life. I just did a show for my family and it was only my 3rd burn. I had 1 or 2 awkward moments my parents said, ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 56,307    Replies: 220
"With all the sleeping over and world tours it's got to be becomming a common occurance for others to slyly sign on under friends accounts.My name is PK. I am smelly and like goats.NYC ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,624    Replies: 3
"I have a balance board that I made from an old longboard deck and PVC tubing for a roller. I just started playing with just about every toy I own on this aforementioned board, and it is..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,786    Replies: 11
"Merry Christmas and a happy and a happy new year everybody "
Last Reply by
Views: 4,064    Replies: 5
"Is anyone going to MELTDOWN June 28th in Dallas? It doesn't necessarily have anything to do with poi directly but its techno-ish and there will be lots of glow stick spinning etc. If so..."
Last Reply by
Views: 800    Replies: 6
"This year, my family is hosting our family Christmas party. I have relatives that are coming that have no idea what I do, and I'm going to surprise them Have you ever done something li..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,296    Replies: 27
"I just did my first burn 4 and a half hours ago and here are the vidoes:Part one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMmEFvNhss8Part two http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UD6YYs4g08&featur..."
Views: 1,387    Replies: 0
"hey spinnersjust moved to mackay north qld and looking for someone to practice with.. if anyone lives in the area and whats to have a play let me knowaarondw@live.com.aucheers"
Last Reply by
Views: 1,203    Replies: 10
"AHH! I have my first burn tomorrow and I just injured my finger and it is bleeding profusely and even under the bandage it doesn't want to stop! It better get better by tomorrow! At lea..."
Last Reply by
Views: 749    Replies: 2
"http://www.flickr.com/photos/wyattdavisspinspoi/ just some quick shots of the new poi check them out if your busy life alows you to"
Last Reply by
Views: 820    Replies: 2
"When you spin for an audience, do you generally freeball it, do you have sort of a routine that you kind of follow, or do you stick completely to a choreographed routine?"
Page: ......

HOP Newsletter