Forums > Social Chat

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
Posted: by
Last Reply by
Views: 10,588    Replies: 31
""I have very sad news to report: my best friend dan Gordon-Levitt merged with the Force on Sunday night. It was a tragic accident. I was with him when he passed, and he was not in ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,647    Replies: 11
"Post deleted by Aavani"
Last Reply by
Views: 921    Replies: 3
"I know it might be silly idea, but has anyone tried to make poi from the ps3's Move wand? I'm curious if it would work well."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,115    Replies: 5
"yea I mean - it's 334 days after 09/09/09 and 397 to go till 11/11/11... what to say? "
Last Reply by
Views: 1,503    Replies: 2
"Ok so I'm wanting to get my navel (belly button) pierced but was wondering how it would affect my hooping. Anyone know how long I should wait before I pick my hoop back up? Any info wou..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,551    Replies: 11
"okay so i just had an idea for a cool forum game for poi lovers and maybe would also help make some interesting combos?first off someone has to name the name of a poi move. and then the..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,184    Replies: 15
"I'm not gonna call them double staves because i think it sounds bad and maybe even elitist. That is all."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,659    Replies: 10
"I am curious as to when should a person begin working with fire. I've read links here where individuals have begain working with fire as early as a month after spinning. I want to learn..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,121    Replies: 22
"I see there is a diverse age range on this board. i will be 26 in may, and just started twirling within the last 5 months or so. More seriously here in the past three.But i see some peo..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,969    Replies: 21
"So then i went out on saturday night and met one of my game designer friends who is at uni studying at my mates 18th. Well the reason she arranged to meet me was one i could never forge..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,946    Replies: 37
"I just decided to make a thread for people to post they're favorite drinks. Alcoholic or not, list both if you want to. You can mark your absolute favorite with something if you do list..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,516    Replies: 15
"U would believe that since Finland is a quite dark and cold country , than there would be lots of "fire manipulators" here. BUT! noo...I'v tried lots of things but i just can't find..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,780    Replies: 9
"I have been struggling along like most people. Trying to make a living, start a career that I like but today I just noticed that I received this message.Quote:Hello dear,I am the manage..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,471    Replies: 10
"Brenonfire: How many hipsters does it take to screw in a light bulb?Brenonfire: It's an obscure number you've probably never heard of.Refuge: I don't use light bulbs they're so lame!Eo..."
Last Reply by
Views: 53,064    Replies: 75
"I guess you already figured out the point of this thread, but for those who are a bit.... slow, here is THE rule:Name the saddest moment you`ve seen in a movie.I`d had to say it`s when ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,473    Replies: 36
"there are 666 free lessons. maybe poi is moving towards the satanic cult image hahaha only jokin "
Last Reply by
Views: 18,062    Replies: 32
"Police Scan Internet Sex Cannibal's Home MoviesThu December 12, 2002 10:30 AM ETBy David CrosslandBERLIN (Reuters) - German police are watching home videos made by a sex cannibal who ap..."
Last Reply by
Views: 916    Replies: 7
"so what is your current faveorite glow toy? personally I like my glowballs, but ive only owned 3 pairs of glow poi.those hyperlights look cool though "
Last Reply by
Views: 965    Replies: 4
"Anybody here do much spinning at festivals? Me and my girlfriend made a few fans at our campsite at a festival we were at last weekend called Overgrown. Spun Out fire productions was th..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,167    Replies: 8
"so, there should be another hop meetup for people in cali, yeah? i was reading an old post about a hop meetup and it had camping and workshops and it sounded like a lot of fun plus like..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,211    Replies: 5
"I'm not kidding. My fire poi were left out in our driveway. Nice pair, Isis heads with the old fire mecca link chain. I had the swivels welded on and everything. I noticed later in the ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 714    Replies: 4
"Ok, so I would really like to do performances, whether free or paid doesnt matter too much(as long as its for a charity event or something if its free). But, is there a certain skill le..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,247    Replies: 5
"Hei!I´m from Slovenija(EU) and I´m rooky in public performances. It isn´t a lot of fire artists around here to make a contact with them. If annyone can tell me about price/or range o..."
Last Reply by
Views: 7,597    Replies: 34
"I dunno about the rest of you HOPpers (those of the local imibibing age, of course), but rum is my spirit of choice.... Just got a bottle of the very delicious Zaya Gran Reserva today. ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,396    Replies: 11
"okay so with the great amount o music out there to spin to, ( or breathe or fight or dance ) what are some good tracks to play during a performance at a ren faire ...."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,273    Replies: 4
"hay there i dont like to practice spinning on my own as i dont really no if it looks right and i would love to be able to practise with other spinners so if there is any body how would ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,232    Replies: 4
"Ok, sorry to post this here but this is a bit urgent. My poi cost £80 and im terribly worried about one off them. Last night i got in drunk and stupidly decided to have a burn. When it..."
Last Reply by
Views: 972    Replies: 6
"For people in the uk; which city or town do u think has the most meets\ practices and events because im going 2 uni next year and was wondering weather this could influence my choice of..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,826    Replies: 19
"post your pics, tattoos , fire spinning/breathing/eating/etc .. , piercings , ANYTHING i have lots and do apologize . enjoy "
Last Reply by
Views: 6,553    Replies: 36
" Just lovin it "
Last Reply by
Views: 2,425    Replies: 7
"I remember my last shooting star night has been some 10 or more years ago, when this comet passed eart...Now it seems as there is a "meteor shower" passing earth once more, it..."
Views: 1,092    Replies: 0
"So I am going to this festival on September 4th and 5th...I was wondering if anyone else may perchance be going?http://www.madeevent.com/ElectricZoo/It will be much fun.Also this weeken..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,816    Replies: 11
"Hey guys, I've recently released a new website for my fire spinning, in the hopes that it will generate some more bookings for me.I've discovered at great cost people are terribly fickl..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,347    Replies: 3
"I'm coming to NYC in about a month's time, and would like to do some poi spinning while I'm in town. NOT busking for money, just spinning/practicing for my own enjoyment. Will this be a..."
Last Reply by
Views: 9,980    Replies: 45
"All you techno freaks, let's spread the love. I kno some of you have tracks that others of us have never heard before, but would love. So... Post your fav techno songs here, as many as ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 913    Replies: 5
"I found this page and it made me laugh a lot. http://www.sonnyradio.com/colorball.htm does any one else just start spinning poi with that ball?some one should make this a poi app."
Views: 889    Replies: 0
"then this would be your worst nightmare todays article prayers go out to their safety"
Last Reply by
Views: 1,152    Replies: 1
"I'm moving back to Colorado and looking for spinners / fire lovers to play with when I get there!"
Last Reply by
Views: 1,092    Replies: 9
"This is pretty cool. "
Views: 811    Replies: 0
"Can anyone list a few names that would b availble on order from Hmv, there stockist isnt 2 bad 4 people like sven vath so aslong as it isn't 2 rare things should b okay."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,434    Replies: 7
"I was going through everything I own and downsizing. I came across some old pics from College(and by college I mean high school). They're so embarrassing but funny. I had to share. ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 41,472    Replies: 168
"Ok so a thought has recently come to me that would require quite a few hands and quite a bit more preperation. All I want to do with the rest of my life is spin fire and enjoy living. I..."
Last Reply by
Views: 8,044    Replies: 22
"I'm looking for some music making software of a specific kind.I used to have a free cd with a program called something like e-jay.It was a simple 'drag and drop' sample thing, very easy..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,416    Replies: 2
"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLAlUKUsgRwwatch the rest of the videos for more of the videos there pretty short"
Last Reply by
Views: 2,943    Replies: 13
"I'm certainly no DJ but would like to try my hand at some beat matching and mixing. Basically I'd like to make the "NYC OL SKOOL HIPHOP HULAHOOP MIXTAPE 2006" so I can shake my booty a..."
Last Reply by
Views: 15,681    Replies: 104
"I looked for a previous HoPper Photo album but couldn't find anything. I like to put faces to names so let's see who you are!"
Last Reply by
Views: 2,142    Replies: 24
"I just thought about if anyone else does this, or if I'm just odd.Ever since I think around 6th grade, whenever someone would be doing something obnoxious or just annoying, I always pic..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,727    Replies: 7
"i'm entering CMU and i need a few spinners to hang out with, otherwise i'll be really lonely "
Last Reply by
Views: 11,130    Replies: 59
"So quite out of the blue last week, the Massachusetts Supreme Court decided that gay marriage is now legal in the state of Massachusetts. This sets up an interesting legal situation be..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,010    Replies: 2
"New to spinning looking for people to spin and practice with anyone interested?"
Page: ......

HOP Newsletter