Forums > Social Chat

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
Posted: by
Last Reply by
Views: 4,145    Replies: 14
"ok while flicking through my index cataloug and found thesehttp://www.thetoyguy.com/toyreviews/comet_dancer.htmlhow fantastic are they"
Last Reply by
Views: 1,240    Replies: 1
"Hi there I freshly arrived in NZ and I m staying in Taupo for some days from now. Do you have any idea where I can buy fluffy poi ? I have a car so I can go a beat far. otherwise I ll b..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,931    Replies: 3
"just out of principle i feel like. maybe it's that he taught me so much when i was learning that i feel like i have to complete the course or something. I see a new video from him and i..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,902    Replies: 6
" hey! is there anyone living in or around kingston thats looking for someone to learn and spin with. i started about 2 years ago when i was travlling and i miss having peope to spin w..."
Last Reply by
Views: 6,558    Replies: 22
"http://zestriddle.fanzine.plone of my friends got me onto this funky riddle thingy a while ago - and call me a nerd but its damn addictive!! anyone else done it/doing it/want to help me..."
Views: 1,523    Replies: 0
"Greetings!Kirkwood Wine Stroll in Atlanta is having our 5th annual Wine Stroll tomorrow night 9/16/11!I own the kirkwood car wash next to the fire station and we will have over 100 bott..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,097    Replies: 4
"Juggling Universe, the first international social network about juggling for jugglers. Fill this Juggling Universe with everything you know about juggling. Photos, Videos, workshops, co..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,966    Replies: 2
"i live in springfield missouri and figured id see if i can find anymore springfieldians on here maybe meet up and spin or maybe i know u from jordan valley park or something"
Last Reply by
Views: 6,969    Replies: 20
"i used to think this was pretty much the only poi site, but recently i've been doing a bit of surfing and found a number of other (younger!) poi sites. so i was just wondering if anyone..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,223    Replies: 2
"New to London... want to know if there's any regular meets in and around London (staff and/or pois)? Cheers!"
Last Reply by
Views: 1,385    Replies: 2
"Hello Im very new to this and I would like to learn how to hoop. But i was wondering if someone could tell me what is the best size and material the hoop should be.Thanks Lisa "
Last Reply by
Views: 5,523    Replies: 21
"Dear lovely member of the wonderful community of performing artists, we are excited to announce the launch of the Performers Without Borders (PWB) website. What you’ll find there is..."
Last Reply by
Views: 6,592    Replies: 16
"Ok, so sometimes I ramble. I can't think of a good forum for it right now, and I'm kind of in a wierd mood right now, and I feel like getting some thoughts off my chest.I don't get muc..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,858    Replies: 14
"alright, people. so many of you have recommended towel wicks versus Kevlar, so i figured i'd give it a go. But how do you make them?Heph"
Last Reply by
Views: 69,691    Replies: 100
"So I put this in the social chat, figure it probably falls under the category of daftness Anyway, I'm about to have a little adventure. I'm quitting my job, selling all my stuff, and go..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,802    Replies: 19
"The currently scheduled end of the world has come and gone. Anyone still around?Speak up if you are. "
Last Reply by
Views: 2,314,644    Replies: 2,505
"Step roight up step roight up Lady HoPpers!Here on the Auction Block today we 'ave two fine Male HoP specimins!Firstly we 'ave the scrumptious pozee. His interests include poi, staff a..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,638    Replies: 3
"So... i have this brilliant idea. I am spinning at a bonfire at Huntington Beach CA tomorrow night... streaming on Alex Koontz's Stickam and also had the idea aftermy spin, to propose ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 925    Replies: 1
"I want to get fire on one then a purple blue on the other, this will be my first set, send me a link please"
Last Reply by
Views: 10,899    Replies: 3
"I was wondering how much kerosene I should use each time i spin? I want to use a good amount so that I do not over burn the wicks, where the fire just consumes the fluid and that is it...."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,839    Replies: 2
"Hey everyone, I'm a game design student at the Academy of Art University. Introducing PoiBoy, with dynamic tribal trance and fire-spinning goodness. Use your poi to protect the tribe fr..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,858    Replies: 3
"Hey there fellow swingers I just ordered a pair of fire poi from HoP and have been tracking them. I live in the USA so they have to go through customs, but customs have been holding my ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,270    Replies: 3
"Hi im organising a play day event for local youth in malvern 4th augand wondered if anyone can come and help entertain or teach poi? or even have a go at making poi with the youth is a..."
Views: 951    Replies: 0
"can someone help me to start posting videos from youtube on home of poi ? thanks"
Last Reply by
Views: 4,184    Replies: 4
"Dear firetwirlers!We are a growing group of fire dancers in the Innsbruck area of Austria (currently 25 active performers and growing) and we are doing more and more fire performances...."
Last Reply by
Views: 12,272    Replies: 41
"I just heard there was a huge Earthquake near Christchurch. Is everyone at Home of Poi okay?"
Last Reply by
Views: 2,049    Replies: 1
"I met someone at the IT Phish fest in Maine this past week who was part of the festival and was spinning poi. I asked if I could try and she asked where I live. I said Jersey and she ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,237    Replies: 1
"Hey, this is more geared toward somebody who can point me in the right direction for getting in contact with someone. I would like to place an order. I lost my discount code though from..."
Views: 923    Replies: 0
"Hello,I am looking for a poi person or persons who may be interested in spinning (fire) at my daughters high school grad party this Saturday in Morrisville, PA. Morrisville is 30 min ..."
Views: 812    Replies: 0
"ok so im kinda "new" to the wonderful world of poi ... i just got my poi in and have been working hard and my friend has been teaching me some stuff but i was wondering if the..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,339    Replies: 19
"So PyroWill and I are sitting at the Spinning@ tent at the BJC (british juggling convention) discussing life, the universe and gingerness. We realised we have a lot of AWOL friends, fro..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,150    Replies: 1
"Anyone living in the Indianapolis/Broad Ripple area??I'm looking for some other spinners and hoopers near me! Want to join in a huge burn later in the summer? Yeah, me too. Hit me up &a..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,848    Replies: 1
"Hey, new to the forum, and kinda random question. Didn't see another thread about this, but if there is let me know. How exactly does the items you should want if you win list work? Is ..."
Views: 1,134    Replies: 0
"Why oh why is it still snowing I want to go out side and play with my clubs how is the whether every where else?"
Last Reply by
Views: 2,165    Replies: 10
"It's the Aston's 24th birthday today! Much love to an awesome forumite and a great friend Have the most amazing day my friend! >^.^<"
Last Reply by
Views: 13,331    Replies: 55
"short and sweet, ive been on the old poi-balls (as my stepmum calss them) for a good old hog of about three years.gramted when i first started i went craze over it, but now the moves ar..."
Last Reply by
Views: 910    Replies: 1
"I'm doing a design project for school about what it feels like to be in the fire. I'm trying to convey to the average reader what it is like. I'm putting the stories from various fire d..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,458    Replies: 7
"Ever since I started juggling, and then spinning poi (and most recently staff/contact staff), I've always thought of fire as.... no offense.... gimmicky.The way I always saw it was a wa..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,710    Replies: 10
"I'm starting this because as of this day, I've been spinning POI for 8 days. Some of the videos are too quick to notice what actually happened. I like what the tutorials did for the Sta..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,333    Replies: 7
"HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!April fools! Made ya look!"
Last Reply by
Views: 395,688    Replies: 668
"i think there needs to be one of these. there may already be one, but i dont remember. but anyways.....im not drunk!*&^%ing hell my p's are in the other room!!!! "
Last Reply by
Views: 1,275    Replies: 4
"Post links to your own video's, or your friend's or your favourites::. (please specify) Own::.Franpois & Roelof Favourite::.Cyrille - Melting Poi Keep the FIRE alive! .::Franpoi..."
Views: 859    Replies: 0
"I did my 2nd (and 3rd) burn last Saturday night.I tried a couple of new moves that I was nervous about, so the transition in and out of them isn't as smooth as I'd like. Especially the..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,266    Replies: 3
"so im building a pretty basic set of LED poi right now. Light up juggling balls from toy store, socks with the bottoms cut out and a netting sewn in so that you can see the poi better. ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,404    Replies: 3
"HelloI have been away, i was frankly completely shocked to find my hop profile still existed having not logged in for 5 years or so.so this is to say hi to all kind regards and best wis..."
Last Reply by
Views: 10,528    Replies: 47
"I was wondering how many different styles do people on this page know??I personally have taken a year or two in Tae Kwon Do and have recently started Okinawan Goju Ryu"
Views: 1,843    Replies: 0
"Since I just began poi, like seriously 3 days ago, I'm crazy about it. I created a blog to track my progress and share my experience as I'm learning. If you read it and have any good ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,141    Replies: 2
"Please dose anyone know where i can get poi lessons near inverness. I will be willing to pay for costs. ThanksChris"
Last Reply by
Views: 4,330    Replies: 27
"I know I'm new and am treading on sacred ground with this question...What would happen if you combined Marmite, Vegemite, and Nutella all on one sandwich?"
Last Reply by
Views: 21,431    Replies: 13
"Has anybody had experience spinning fire with liquid laxet body paint on? If you get little random touches with the fire does it protect or melt?We just got hired to do shows at a club ..."
Page: ......

HOP Newsletter