Forums > Social Chat > UPDATE: Trouble with Police and Fire Brigade (advice please!)

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
Magnusmember
279 posts

Posted:
SCROLL DOWN FOR UPDATE

So last night was the third in what has become a regular weekly gathering of fire types and friends in a local country park.

After the pubs shut we have a campfire, blankets, booze, smokes, guitar, bongos, and of course much spinning of fire and glowing things.

We're about 100m from the nearest house, and we think they are friendly, but last night SOMEONE must have dialled 999 on us.

Just after midnight we see flashing blue lights approaching down the lane and we all think "oh poo". It's a fire engine, I walk down to meet them.

I was a little worried at first but they turned out to be the NICEST FIREMEN EVER. They seemed happy with the campfire, and open tubs of paraffin sitting around, and someone was even spinning staff while they were there.

They left us to it, but took a while to leave the car park. Then about twenty minutes later, more flashing lights approach, and this time it's the police.

They poked around with their torches around the historic barn and stuff next door to our field, and then approached us with "don't worry, we're not here to break up the party" - they were the NICEST POLICEMEN EVER!!

They chatted to us a bit longer, they didn't mind being called out because they had been called away from a pub fight, to investigate a call from someone who thought the barn was on fire.

Recently I've been exposed to a lot of anti-police thinking, on the criminal justice act and brutality and stuff, and this experience really restored my faith. Others in our group said the same.

I am happy.

[ 28. August 2003, 21:11: Message edited by: Magnus ]

Magnus... pay it forward

Page: