Forums > Social Chat > Help purchasing the right item

Login/Join to Participate

totti51091SILVER Member
1 post

Posted:
So I haven't spun poi since my girl and I split last year because I was just using her poI that I bought her. So now I'm trying to find a poi simile to the weight of hers, I bought her the monkey fist pro poi, does anyone know if there are any similar in weight?

Kombi guyBRONZE Member
HOP OM
225 posts

Posted:
Hiya, the Pro series MF fire poi sets are around 400 grams per set but it would depend on what kind of poi you are looking for, are you simply wanting a set of non fire poi that are about that weight etc ? Some have extra drag through the air factors like cone poi etc and also what routines etc etc etc you are wanting to do plays a part, but as an example a set like this is about 380-400 grams also.
https://www.homeofpoi.com/us/shop/product...Inch-80mm-Balls
maybe take look through the shop and then in the specs all weights/info etc are listed if thats helpful
https://www.homeofpoi.com/us/shop/

Happy spinning :-)

ABOBer92SILVER Member
ABOB - Pois'n'us
178 posts

Posted:
i agree with kombi, if you want the cheaper non-fire option then look at the specs of the poi you bought her and create some yourself; fill a balloon with rice/beans/something-similar using a set of scales to gauge weight, add another balloon around it (less chance of busting on you) tie it and put in a non stretchy long sock (do x2 tongue2 ). if you want a fire version then just buy the same poi for yourself or if youre thinking LED then look for something with similar specs -id recommend podpoi myself, you can add small weights onto it if it doesnt quite feel right.

happy spinnings smile

I dont want to be called 'the greatest' or 'one of the greats'; let other guys claim to be the best. I just want to be known as a clown, to me thats the height of my profession. It means you can do everything-sing, dance, and above all, make people laugh