RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
Grrrrrr....

I have a headache and am feeling sick, so I am going to curl up on the couch and do very little.

I hate chucking sickies, I have this immense sense of responsibility to work. It is shocking.

Please recommend some classic television that will help assuage my feelings of guilt...

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

AdeSILVER Member
Are we there yet?
1,897 posts

Posted:
the sickie - the great aussie tradition, now you're an aussie, you're obligated to chuck sickies see, the guilt just dissappears

classic tv hey? I always look to reruns of the bill on the abc around lunchtime to cheer me up - have a cup of tea too. sometimes the press club lunches are pretty good.

at all costs - stay away from the crappy american talk shows!!!!!

hope ya feel better

ade

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
Can i come chuck a sickie with you too? its the perfect day to snug up on the couch. We could play cards and drink milo and make toasted spaghetti sandwhiches... and then watch something like Milo and Otis and make up our OWN dialog for the animals....

Currently on the right side up of the world.

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
think of the benefits of a sickie! this will give you the opportunity to catch up on the plots of tragic 80's USA soaps - bold and the beautiful, the young and the restless, days of our lives etc.

well in truth they dont really have much of a plot to speak of in the first place.....

heres hugz to make you feel better

will you be in any condition to make it to juggling tonite? if not, can i drop by and pick up my polar fleece late afternoon sometime? is there another character in milo and otis that needs a dubbed in voice?

take care.

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
I think there's heaps of other charactors that need voices, so you could definately help Dentrassi! xoxo

Currently on the right side up of the world.

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
what characters are there? is there a three toed sloth? i can do a decent impression of a ten toed sloth, so three toes cant be bad!
is there a lion? im very partial to lions as i can now make one out of balloons! (thanx for the link charles!).

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
Yes, but can you make a balloon umbrella and do an impression of a wilderbeast?

I have just spent the morning curled up in bed half-listening to the morning show on JJJ. I am feeling much refreshed, so I will make it along to juggling. And I promise to bring your fleece, it kept me very warm on Sunday night in Hyde Park. I also promise to drop by spinning with your blanket, Ade. (I don't know how I manage to acquire so many things from so many spinners )

Ahhh well. On to watch the Bill reruns. Have they gone back to the original series, or is it just the silly soap opera style stuff? I gues I will find out

plantgirlllmember
150 posts

Posted:
Hope you are feeling better Sweet!

I really don't agree that you were "chucking a sickie" though. It doesn't count if you are really sick! If you were well & at the beach or shopping with your friends or practicing poi all day, that would be a different story.....

People take different roads seeking fulfillment & happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.-H. Jackson Browne

Mistress AuroraHot Schtuff
1,032 posts

Posted:
Hope you get to feeling better

Here's a soft comforting just in case you are feeling sore from being sicky

RISK: Do not follow the common path; Go where there is no path and leave a trail.

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
ahahaha
I did the same thing yesterday. ahahaha
I was naughty and got a massage and tryed to relax because work has been so BLOODY stressful latley. I had a guy tell me that he was going to cut my throat if I didnt connected his phone straight away...

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
C@ntus, check your PM's...

Valura, I'm so sorry to hear that. As an ex bank-worker, I've seen firsthand the effect death-threats can have to people for ages after the fact.

Kinda puts the sick day thing into perspective a little doesn't it?

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
Well today I felt much better, so to Valura.

I was back in the call centre today, so I had my quota of grumpy customers, but nothing as bad as that!!

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:

all for rozi and valura

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
oh thanks guys...it was a bit shocking but Im all good.... Sorry to hijack your thread rozi.....

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
hardly a hijack, babe!!! Very much on-topic

adren@linemember
249 posts

Posted:
well at least you ARE taking a legitimate sickie. one girl i used to work with rang up five minutes before she was due to take a class and said that there was a family emergency because her sister ran away. my boss was pissed, but said she'd look for a replacement and call her back. she found a replacement and rang the girls mobile which she didnt answer so she rang her home number and spaoke to her mum who said that she didnt know where she was. my boss asked if her little sister was there and her mum said "yes, why?" so my boss rang the girl in question and goes "i just spoke to your mum, your sisters been found could you get your lazy ass into work please"!!!! she resigned the next day, hehehe.

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
ahahahahah sucked in... Shouldnt tell fibbers...you always get caught out