Forums > Meet Others > Poi in Stavanger Norway?

Login/Join to Participate

Patrick_PulliamGOLD Member
9 posts

Posted:
Hey everyone, I'm a recent transplant from the US to Stavanger, Norway, and, having left behind a pretty reasonably sized poi community, am looking for anyone in my new home to meet up with.

I tried checking he Members Database, and there weren't too many listed (PM'd them hoping for a response) and figured I'd try here and hope to get a few hits.

Feel free to PM me or reply or whatever if you're somewhere near here and willing to meet up sometime for some Poi goodness.

Geckoostranger
2 posts

Posted:
Hi! I've just come from Thailand, Koh Phangan! I started learning stick there, due to fear of poi after a drunken accident involving a fiery poi and my face. I've just started, so im not to good, but after meeting ThaiTom, a well known firemaster within the community, i learned all basic skills needed to learn the more advanced stuff faster. I live in norway, alltho it's 2500 km north of Stavanger (Alta), im keen to meet up with you a long weekend sometime to train poi and/or stick! If you feel for it, just add me on facebook! https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?st...100001308950005

that goes for anyone!

9 posts

Posted:
Sent you a friend request, hopefully we can figure out a Norwegian meetup sometime to cover the distance!

Captain_CutthroatBRONZE Member
Midnight Fire Thrash Queen!
6 posts

Posted:
Greetings! I live in Sandnes, which is 20min by buss from Stavanger! I have some friends of mine that do firebreathing and we are planning to have a night of fire soon! I do poi spinning and devilsticks mostly. There is also a kick ass juggeling-festival at the end of the summer with workshops etc! There is alot of poi-spinning and fire aswell there grin

I don't know how your norwegian skills are but you can also check out this site for more info on our local group!

https://www.sjongleringsflaks.no/

"Wir sind wie Eisblumen, wir blühen in der Nacht.
Wir sind wie Eisblumen, viel zu schön für den Tag.
Wir sind wie Eisblumen, kalt und schwarz ist unsre Macht.
Eisblumen blühen in der Nacht."

9 posts

Posted:
We definitely need to meet up sometime smile I have zero Norwegian skills, but I shall attempt to put my Google Translate skills to use.

What type of fuel do you guys use here and where do you buy it? In the states it was so easy to find stuff, but here I have no clue what stuff is called or where to buy it.

Here's my Facebook info: https://www.facebook.com/sirbayard

Glad I checked this, I had about given up so it's been awhile since I swung by here.