SpinnerofDetroitGOLD Member
All High Dude, Ruler of What You Want
2,280 posts

Posted:
Ok this really does not affect me in any way, but it makes me very curious and confuses me. Just a while ago because of prices I did not refill my can with my normal fuel mix. It's normally 1/4 Coleman's and 3/4 Kerosene. It was about 1/3 full and I just filled it up with kero because I didn't feel like going to buy more Coleman's. Normally the mix the first light doesn't go poof and light up, but it just lights easily and crawls up the wick in a couple seconds. But with the almost all kerosene, actually about 11/12 kerosene, so for all intents and purposes, it IS kerosene. I lit it cold a couple days ago, and it would just go POOF and just kind of explode into flame like it was Coleman's. It did it the rest of the night even after it cooled. And it burned long and it was all smokey and my tearing eyes reminded me why I like the mix.

Can anyone please help me with this one because It kinda is confusing the hell out of me and kinda made us all there give an odd look at my wicks.

The only luck is bad luck.

Shut up before I stall my poi up your ass grin

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
It is a known but rare phenomenon that over some time your wicks are developing something know as "pyromnemorics" - meaning they become "ninjawicks"... only happens in 1:5200 so you can consider yourself quite lucky... beware, though because the effect only lasts 169 times and then they will fall to pieces. after this it is:

r.i.p. ninjawicks... da da dada daaa dada dada dadaaaaa wink

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

SpinnerofDetroitGOLD Member
All High Dude, Ruler of What You Want
2,280 posts

Posted:
I'm not sure if you're being serious or really funny laugh3

The only luck is bad luck.

Shut up before I stall my poi up your ass grin

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted: