Page: ...
Tanessamember
91 posts

Posted:
Just to create a little controversy........

SPINNING NAKED

Have you ever?
Would you ever?
What is your opinion?

Are you innocent?

Tanessamember
91 posts

Posted:
ha, ha, ha, hardy har har har
Well, now you guys definately have me thinking of spinning during the next rainstorm. Snow, sun, no problem, but I never considered the rain.

If you do decide to try to spin naked, I guess it would be best to not spin where "brainstorma" did, ha, ha, ha, or where there may be other "officials in uniform"
However did that one turn out?
ha, ha, ha

_VT_SILVER Member
Your Face!
1,173 posts

Posted:
I,Myself have never spun naked,but since i visit the local bath house when in houston i think i could do it.

Heroism on command, senseless violence, and all the loathsome nonsense that goes by the name of patriotism - how passionately I hate them!
-Albert Einstein-

Peanut butter... It fills the cracks of the soul! -Paul Blart-

Jeff Lemonademember
5 posts

Posted:
I'v never done it, but i think i would. It'd have to be a spiritual choice not just something some grog-head on the beach dared me to do. course i might have to be a little first, or mabye a little hee hee

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
well so far we have naked twirling enthusiasts in UK and US, and myself is Oz....
maybe we can start an 'international nude firetwirling day.'

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

squaremember
35 posts

Posted:
woohoo lets do it! we could even work out times so we could be doing _simultaneously_ *gasp*

you're a naughty potato!

KatincaSee my vest.... see my vest...
693 posts

Posted:
Haven't done it on fire, but I wouldn't have a problem with doing it on fire.

Both Josh and I have said we would do it as long as it would be in private.

Don't necessarily think we would do it in front of a crowd of thousands tho.

Love and Light

~*~ Katinca ~*~

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by The United Chains of Fire (Jon):
i like getting naked..

especially in the bath, shower, bed and swimming pools.

far out, jon! doesn't that *BOTHER* you at all?!? I mean, what about the _children_?!?!

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

Benjaminmember
39 posts

Posted:
I am so totally skinny spinning as soon as I get the chance. I've wanted to for a long time now and mentioned it to my friend the other night who just started spinning three weeks ago. His response was, "I've been thinking about that since the first time I lit up!" hehehe. Apparently, we don't just spin barefoot in Kentucky.

AalatheaGOLD Member
80 posts

Posted:
two-person naked poi moves could get interesting.

pyratemember
23 posts

Posted:
I don't remember who, but someone once told me "Don't be afraid to be yourself. Those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."

If you want to overcome shyness about your body, the most direct route I know is to find a situation where it would be socially acceptable to be naked (when other people are, out skinnydipping, at burning man, with friends) and just give it a try. The first time you'll be very embarrassed, and then you'll notice that noone really minds much, and you'll be ok. Some people will find you attractive, some will not and will be indifferent. I've never seen anyone react to a naked person in an appropriate setting with disgust or any kind of rudeness or cruelty. I've been at swimming holes where there were hairy people over 300 lbs, people in their sixties, people with obvious ...hmm... "smallness", and others who don't fit the usual stereotypes for beauty, and didn't see anyone snicker, give them a hard time, or look uncomfortable with it. In situation where the majority are naked, the naked people look more critically at the clothed people than they do at other naked people anyway.
I've never spun naked, but I'm a newbie... I'm sure it's only a matter of time. I definitely would if the time was right.

On another subject...
Even if someone is spinning naked purely to make it more of a spectacle I don't look down on them. They're doing their thing, and I have no business telling them that it's not acceptable, or that it somehow dilutes the art (how?). On the contrary, playing with fire is such a primal thing, I can't think of a more fitting way to dress for it than not to dress at all.

Raphael96SILVER Member
old hand
899 posts

Posted:
For me its not a matter of being insecure about my body.

There are simply some places I don't want to get burned/singed/sooty!

Raph

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
I am all about an international naked fire twirling day. We would have to select a day that is warm in both hemispheres. Maybe some time in late march or late august would be best.

we eat and we drink and we smoke and we try!

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
i am too consious to get my body oput in public (see the pheniminon ofpoi thread i created, which aint on the board anymore)

but sometime i go out in heavyrain and just stand there with no top on and sit/stand/walk in teh rain and spin too, but it just feels nice some times!

Step (el-nombrie)

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
quote:
I am all about an international naked fire twirling day
Just when i thought i'd gotten the memory of your belly dancing vid out of my mind........

LuxBRONZE Member
71 posts

Posted:
Yeah, ive been wondering, i'd love to do this, but i simply dont have enough self confidence or enough... something... to let me. i could probably go to bra and skirt... but i just could not go further. respect for being able to.

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
i could go for the bra and skirt as well.

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

Foraumember
81 posts

Posted:
Personally I verry much like spinning poi being "naked" or well, in my underwear that is.
Because the problem is that when I spin my poi and I have a sloppy t-shirt on my whirt get's caught in the swing. And I don't have to tell you what effect it may have when I'd do that with a fire poi

So, not comepletely naked, but with the least possible clothing as possible.

BigDavmember
175 posts

Posted:
well no i wouldnt spin naked. Hell i wont even spin with my tshirt off. Its because im very self consious. im called Big Dav because im a big fella. I dont have the most attractive body and there are too many love handels to look at. In theory id love to do it, but i just couldnt.

Be Good, and if you DONT be Good, Buy a Pram!

KristieEBmember
108 posts

Posted:
as a supernewbie, i would do it in a minute ...

i mean, once i learn how to spin.
i mean, once i get the balls to light the damn things on fire.
i mean, once i get good enough with fire that i won't burn my bits.

*newbie question*
i was watching a half naked boy on COL last night do wraps on his upper body with no clothing, so why would wraps below with no clothing be a huge dealio?

Benjaminmember
39 posts

Posted:
I still want to spin nekkie! damn damn damn, I want to do it now, but I'm in class!

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
A friendly bump to replace the new version...

Ah, the joys of the Search function wink

weavesmiley

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

Tao StarPooh-Bah
1,662 posts

Posted:
maybe i'm just weird, ubbloco but when i hit myself with fire it doesn't hurt, well not in a burny kind of way anyway. Obvioulsy i suffer copious amounts of pain spank becase my poi are stupidly heavy, but it never burns. cool

So naked would be just as painful, but lots of fun, i guess i'll have to try it. weavesmiley

peace

peace. XxX

I had a dream that my friend had a
strong-bad pop up book,
it was the book of my dreams.

GottaLoveItSponge
883 posts

Posted:
Bovril Monkey you're not alone!!!

Monkeys monkeys and bananas

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
we need to organise a neked meeting so all us bare bums won't be embarrassed if others see us. Who want's to meet up? I'll get my penakle out if you get your boobies swingin!! ubblol

Let's relight this forum ubblove

pounceSILVER Member
All the neurotic makings of America's lesser known sweetheart
9,831 posts

Posted:
ooh ooh i will.

wait, i think that already happens. it's called burningman!! ubblol

I was always scared with my mother's obsession with the good scissors. It made me wonder if there were evil scissors lurking in the house somewhere.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

**giggles**

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
ok the race is on, who can be first to get nekked while spinning poi (obviusly tastfully without to much graphic-ness so we don't break HOP rules) and have a picture of it on here??

ready

set

go!!

Let's relight this forum ubblove

GottaLoveItSponge
883 posts

Posted:
I'm not holding my breath.....

Maybe you could make a sexy but modest HoP calender?

Monkeys monkeys and bananas

pounceSILVER Member
All the neurotic makings of America's lesser known sweetheart
9,831 posts

Posted:
ooh ya, we should have a HOP calendar.

hey malcolm.....?

I was always scared with my mother's obsession with the good scissors. It made me wonder if there were evil scissors lurking in the house somewhere.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

**giggles**

telicI don't want a title.
940 posts

Posted:
Quote:

Three words:

BURNING PUBIC HAIR

'nuff said.

One word:

Shave.

E pluribus unum, baby.

KajiQuantum Theorist
564 posts

Posted:
Quote:

Quote:

Three words:

BURNING PUBIC HAIR

'nuff said.

One word:

Shave.

hehe go regyt

In the 60's people took acid to make the world weird, now the world is weird and they take prozac to make it normal again.

Page: ...