Forums > Beginner Poi Moves > The I learned a new move without any practice thread.

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
SpinnerofDetroitGOLD Member
All High Dude, Ruler of What You Want
2,280 posts

Posted:
I didn't see one, and I thought it deserved its own thread. For when you see a move you really like, but can't wrap your head around it. Then you figure out how or see a tutorial, and you can just magically do it.

Yeah, here's a thread for that amazing feeling wink

As for my first post, Butterfly Staggered Stalls. I've had much more over the times, but I can't remember them and don't feel like listing anyways.

The only luck is bad luck.

Shut up before I stall my poi up your ass grin

JoshDGnewbie
49 posts

Posted:
I discovered that I was doing anti-spin flowers 2 days ago when I decided to watch a video to give them a go. I was just messing about when spinning and started doing them then discovered what they were. I was kinda happy with myself for that smile

2,280 posts

Posted:
I just realized I can do a one handed hybrid, one is a cateye, the other an extension.

I also realized I can do an atomic btb 360 waistwrap bounce2

MidkiffBRONZE Member
shadow stranger
462 posts

Posted:
found that i can do a 2 beat waistwrap! it made me excited when i learned how cuz my buddy cant do it yet and it drives him nuts when i learn something he hasnt learned yet

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able, and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" - Epicurus

Rossta42stranger
17 posts

Posted:
I saw the tutorial on meltdowns and they looked so cool that i had to give them a go. I could already do a 2bt and a 3bt waist wrap so when I had watched it a few time and vaguley worked out the patter I gave it a go and within 5 minutes I was doing solid meltdowns. weavesmiley

I think I might be leaning forwards and backwards too much but that will get smoothed out with time.

To spin is to live!

MidkiffBRONZE Member
shadow stranger
462 posts

Posted:
see i could already do mind meltdowns and opposites meltdowns but i couldnt do waist wraps

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able, and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" - Epicurus

2,280 posts

Posted:
Isolated fountain is a new one for me.

brenonfire413SILVER Member
Fire Spinner Exarch
514 posts

Posted:
Infuriated over my lack of progress on meltdowns, I was spinning my poi clockwise in front, threw my right arm behind me, let go and caught it behind me. Bam! Btb throw!

"Are you sure it's safe to drink bleach?"
"Yes, bleach is 90% water, we are 90% water, therefore: we are bleach."
-Nathan Explosion, Metalocalypse

Page: