Page:
MidkiffBRONZE Member
shadow stranger
462 posts

Posted:
the other day i saw my buddy do a isolated hyper loop anyone else done one? could you? if anyone else has any moves that to "our" knowledge there are no videos for please share

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able, and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" - Epicurus

ecaBRONZE Member
197 posts

Posted:
Is this what your buddy was doing?

"Think of the pussy, Weevil."
"What's a pussy-weevil?"

MidkiffBRONZE Member
shadow stranger
462 posts

Posted:
no thats actually somthing completely different very interesting though but what he did was a isolated weave and from that to a isolated hyperloop like a isolated buzzsaw and another idea i just had and have done a little bit is a split time butterfloop

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able, and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" - Epicurus

liquidtrancei dream in circles...
336 posts

Posted:
split time butterfloop works fine, just an adjustment in hand position. Not quite sure what you mean with the isolated hyperloop but I am working with antispin&inspin motion from orbitals if thats relevant? I think maybe the inspin orbital might be what you describe...
infinate hyperloops also have a rotational handpath even though they are not isolated, might appear that way though if you haven't seen them before...

even chuck norris can't pin you down if your on fire

MidkiffBRONZE Member
shadow stranger
462 posts

Posted:
i think tat may be what i am talking about cuz now that i think about it i think it was a infinite

SpinnerofDetroitGOLD Member
All High Dude, Ruler of What You Want
2,280 posts

Posted:
I've done the anti-inspin with orbitals, antispin tends to make the orbital fall apart and loose momentum pretty quickly.

The only luck is bad luck.

Shut up before I stall my poi up your ass grin

Smurf24029GOLD Member
Poi Master Smurf
343 posts

Posted:
I know what the trick is. I can do it one direction but is very difficult. Its like a hyper loop but you dont give it the same amount as power. Instead you isolate it, it does have the same concept as a hyper loop in that it has to make an odd number of beats before you can release it on the other side. I've always called it crossed isolation. I like this trick because amongst ravers that spin it trips them out. Isolation but better tongue2

Fly High
Spin Hard
Don't Stop

TankboySILVER Member
Resident Demolitions Expert
103 posts

Posted:
This trick is an Inversion.....the only difference is that you are allowing the chains to touch.

Old school Tech.

SpinnerofDetroitGOLD Member
All High Dude, Ruler of What You Want
2,280 posts

Posted:
I've done this a lot on accident practicing an isolated buzzsaw. I think it's cool because I can go from an isolated buzzsaw to an orbital and it looks so cool grin

The only luck is bad luck.

Shut up before I stall my poi up your ass grin

liquidtrancei dream in circles...
336 posts

Posted:
didn't think of that tankpoi, hit the nail on the head grin

even chuck norris can't pin you down if your on fire

Smurf24029GOLD Member
Poi Master Smurf
343 posts

Posted:
as far as i know inversions the poi rolls around your arms. With the trick I know as this as a tangle trick. crossed like a hyperloop, not inverted like when you go into a straightjacker

Fly High
Spin Hard
Don't Stop

MidkiffBRONZE Member
shadow stranger
462 posts

Posted:
no new random moves that you havent seen on a vid? come on now people i know someone has something up your sleeve

leospoiSILVER Member
Poi explorer
108 posts

Posted:
Well, I've come up with so many random stuff that I can't recall most of it without checking my poi diary. Just off the top of my head is floor plane waistwrap, behind back floats, pulling OH stalls to an extension, etc.

astonSILVER Member
Unofficial Chairperson of Squirrel Defense League
4,061 posts

Posted:
Floor plane waistwrap? How does that one work?

'We're all mad here. I'm mad, you're mad." [said the Cat.]
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "Or you wouldn't have come here."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures In Wonderland

MidkiffBRONZE Member
shadow stranger
462 posts

Posted:
i would be interested to see that smile could you post a vid

RivesGOLD Member
Nothing but circles and smiles...
118 posts

Posted:
to comment on the original discussion, I do believe an inversion with the chains touching would look like an isolated hyper-loop. I do inversions and these happen by accident often.

i tried a floor plane waist wrap a little while ago and deemed it impossible... i was clearly mistaken. my only option now is to track down any one who knows how to do it and lock them in a room until they teach it to me. tongue2

poifull_spiritGOLD Member
journeyman
64 posts

Posted:
ok, so i have to credit pineapple pete and G with this move. it's called a mid-airwrap.

hold the poi from the head spin in same direction and airwrap. as you airwrap, let go of the poi and as the poi twist together and untwist, the handles will swing around towards you. catch the handles and pull out of the airwrap and keep spinning.

poifull_spiritGOLD Member
journeyman
64 posts

Posted:
for my part though i like doing isolated fountain, not as easy as you'd think cos you gotta work hard to get that windmill section properly isolated

MidkiffBRONZE Member
shadow stranger
462 posts

Posted:
this is an interesting thought never thought o that sounds like i have more stuff to add to my list

leospoiSILVER Member
Poi explorer
108 posts

Posted:
Yeah try the isolations behind the head and while you're at it also try the behind the head cateyes, though it only seems to work in one direction.

For the floorplane waistwrap, you have to go beyond the mental constraints of your body being static while the poi move around you. Instead imagine how the move should look like and then move your body accordingly to make the move possible, in fact this is a good suggestion to follow for all other poi tricks. Don't let your body get in the way of your poi.

Anyways, first learn 'the matrix' which is essentially a corkscrew under your back and if you keep exploring other floorplane spaces you'll eventually stumble upon the waistwrap.

MidkiffBRONZE Member
shadow stranger
462 posts

Posted:
well i first must learn the waist wrap i have troubles putting both hands behind my back but it shouldn't be to hard i learned the meltdowns already

RivesGOLD Member
Nothing but circles and smiles...
118 posts

Posted:
this may be hard to follow (may be a wee bit drunk)

Alternating pentagram wall-plane:
-start your poi spinning split time reverse opposite with your right hand over left.
-begin the pentagram(five point star) pointing to the left.
-after your hands do their vertical floats, before your hands go back to the starting position, you should have your left hand over your right.
-at this point start a pentagram pointing to the right.
-switch back to a pentagram pointing to the left after the vertical floats.
- repeat.

this creates a crazy looking pattern that resembles a star of David with an x in the middle.

what do you think? does that make any sense?

leospoiSILVER Member
Poi explorer
108 posts

Posted:
Sounds plausible, but I have to see it to believe it, post a LED or fire photo.

AlienJonGOLD Member
enthusiast
290 posts

Posted:
I agree with Tankboy, in that it is the exact same configuration as split-same 1st degree inversion, but instead of rolling the nexus at the wrists, you move it farther down to the tethers.

Now to get really oldschool on yo ass: What most people call a hyperloop was once called a "maxiplus hyperloop" and hyperloop was used to describe a bunch of different tangles. What most people call an inversion is more specifically a split-same 1st degree inversion. There are plenty of 0 degree inversions (for instance, sustaining a buzzsaw is a sustained 0-degree inversion, woohoo). and plenty of 1st degree inversions. Not just in split-same but all 4 timing-direction modes as well.

I've been able to get a really sloppy second degree inversion (split-same) in floor plane.

Anyway, tangles and inversions use the same form, just a matter of the nexus being in the arms or the tethers.
EDITED_BY: AlienJon (1271053256)

+Alien Jon

MidkiffBRONZE Member
shadow stranger
462 posts

Posted:
what about you alien jon? do you have any ideas for tricks you haven't seen or heard of?

sbengeGOLD Member
oddball
20 posts

Posted:
random concept i found whilst mucking around with pendulum poi
i found you need to just be pinching the grips of your handles between the tips of your fingers to do this
so from your standard 3 beat weave after crossing over your hands you tuck the handle from the poi in your bottom hand in snug with your second poi's handle greating a little tangle
your now having the two poi continue to tangle beside you you then swap back across your body let them unwrap and your tangled poi will fly free
still working on getting a nice release on it

TeamoGOLD Member
Almost again
124 posts

Posted:
Played around with the pendulum-antispin CAP that drex had a blog on a while ago. Figured that it can easily be turned upside down, with an extension on top, and the hand doing the stalling on the up-petal instead of the down-petal at the end of the pattern.

And once you have the pattern down both ways, "right-side up" and "upside-down", all the 4 variations flow nicely into each other.

I turned it also 90 degrees to both directions, but don't think those looked quite as pretty. But they're possible.

MidkiffBRONZE Member
shadow stranger
462 posts

Posted:
had an idea today only actually pulled it off once but it is a spiral wrap with a tangle right before it starts wrapping your arms then right before it comes out all the way turn into hyperloop or orbital oh and you can also turn before it unwraps your hands i did it on accident while i was spinning walking home but also did something that looks pretty cool while doing a orbital i rapidly moved my arms from side to side and it looked pretty awesome

MidkiffBRONZE Member
shadow stranger
462 posts

Posted:
some other things i have been playing around with that i am going to be putting some vids on here to show them are orbital fountains, hyperloop fountains, and like bendy orbitals but i will put vids up later tonight as to show what i mean

EpitomeOfNoviceGOLD Member
Putting the "FUN" in fundamental since 1981
787 posts

Posted:
Got any ideas of more advanced movements/classes of movements that work well with high energy dance/expression/music?

Even a fierce/crunchy interpretation/variation of something normally not used in such a way...

So far I've been toying with remixing the chase flower into something gritty and clutch! yes

~Rock on!~

"As the pattern gets more intricate and subtle, being swept along is no longer enough"-Waking Life

(All you RLers this is epitome_of_lame *waves hello*)

MidkiffBRONZE Member
shadow stranger
462 posts

Posted:
well you could work on speed changes get really good with spinning at super high speeds and ridiculously slow speeds and then work on changing from speeds rapidly at a moments notice and also work on being able to do any of your tricks at every possible point you can think of

Page: