Forums > Social Chat > Rage for Chistmas no 1

Login/Join to Participate

Sambo_FluxGOLD Member
Introverted
833 posts

Posted:
So if anyone has been following the progress of this, a Facebook group called "Get Rage Against the Machine to no 1 this Christmas" has gone viral. The idea is to stop Simon Cowells plastic X factor muppets from taking the number one spot on the UK music charts over the festive season, and instead to supplant this hideous brain spoiling rot with some good music, ie "Killing in the Name" by the afore mentioned RATM.

When I joined the group had 217 thousand members (that was 2 days ago). Today it has 356 thousand.

Now, I was going to start an informed debate on whether this is appropriate for Christmas, and the impact of viral memes on cultural consciousness. But I decided instead to do this:

AHAHAHAHAHA! HELL YES! RATM FOR CHRIMBO NO 1! BEST IDEA EVER! EVERYONE SIGN UP NOW!!!!!

Come on, you know you want to, that's a kick ass track.

*headbangs*

laugh3

RATM for Christmas No 1 https://bit.ly/inthename

My Mind is a Ship
Emotions become the Waves
Soul is the Ocean

If a quizz is quizzical, what is a test?

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
coming to a country near you
4,696 posts

Posted:
haha, thats a pretty cool idea, good luck for the UK smile

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Im a member of the FB group, and I will be buying the single grin

ParafinfairySILVER Member
old hand
845 posts

Posted:
Please don't get me wrong here because I LOVE Rage and that song is just awesome but is it not true that "Killing In The Name Of" by R.A.T.M is released on Epic Records, a subsidiary of Sony BMG, which still lines the pockets of Simon Cowell???!! Seems like the alternative xmas number 1 is a clever money making ploy from the record labels.

This is what a mate said and I'm inclined to believe him.....

Slicing the Loaf as we speak.

I need it..... Trust me!