Page: ......
arsnHow do you change this thing???
1,903 posts

Posted:
To all Brisbane twirlers, on each Monday night there is a practice twirl being held down in the South Bank Piazza. Beginners welcome as we are free to teach. Come to learn

Starts at 7:30... pm, and goes till around mid-night. See ya then.

Its all free and we would love to see you all there!!

hug hug hug

I can't hear you... I have a banana in my ear.

"You mean I'll have to use my brain?... but I use staff!!!" ~ ben-ja-men

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
Hey FireNix,
I'll *bump* the Moonfest thread too so you can stay in touch with peeps going up there who mightn't look here....

Do you need somewhere to stay?

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
Hi Chaps,
I'm buying some drums of Solvent 11 ( the *new* KsolT) next week.. anyone want to buy some? I think it works out about $3 a litre

.:* Moon Pixie *:.Carpal \'Tunnel
3,492 posts

Posted:
wave FireNix... don't worry about the carebears... they cute and cuddley.... (unless you've got a thing for Gromit... Ry's puppy dog) [Old link]

But if ya do... maybe it's best you take he AirTrain...hehehe jump on from the airport and I think you change trains at Eagle Junction Station (?) to a *Shorncliffe* train jump out at shorncliffe and moonfest is so so close to that.... straight up the hill (Pier Ave or Swan St is good) 'till you hit Park Parade... and you'll see Moora Park... just walk down the hill from there ... you should be able to hear drumming or see fire... unless you're coming in the arvo... in that case you'll see a big wooded Jetty and a smaller rock jetty... head toward the rock jetty.... we hang out on the grass just down the hill.:*

is that annoyingly too much information? ubbloco
....just give us a call and we'll come get ya if you get lost...hehe

....or better still just go with Valura, Arsn and the carebears smile

....ooops sorry maybe I should have posted this in the moonfest thread,.... juggle jam is at Southbank not Shorncliffe....

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
Info overload!! ubbloco I already sent him the QROTI (train timetable) webpage!

Chicken says' she's on the case for a lift wink

FireNixBRONZE Member
old hand
904 posts

Posted:
Thanks you luvlies - I am indeed sorted for a lift and a place to rest my dreaded head!!(thanks Vellura and NewGabe and put me down for 3ltrs or so - maybe more)
and am right excited and bowled over by all your help and advice.
Thanks fairy folk
I hope I can repay the favours with some skill sharing and mini-workshops - Seeya'll there

Feel the Flame
Phirenix

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
WOW!!!
What a great night!!! biggrin
I'm *bumping* this just to celebrate!!
And I want it on record that Terry Wells isn't just a bloody great juggler.. he's a great teacher!!!! clap clap

I had given up on learning to juggle. But he made it really easy well the first 4 throws anyway.. the rest is up to me.....)
Oh no...
*thinks*
eek
another serious distractifier to be compulsive about! Don't tell my boss!

sureauenthusiast
224 posts

Posted:
*supporting the bump to celebrate*

Last night was fantastic. So much activity! As much as I love all the *other* stuff (which is anything but idle - the cuddles, the nonsense, the tea and such) it was great to see everyone busybusybusy at every second! I picked up every toy and combination of toy I could get my hands on until the moment I left!

Great start to my birthday week! hehehe wink bounce bounce bounce

and yes, hats off to Terry clap hug

see all you precious beings soon grouphug

"Be the Bunny"

margitaSILVER Member
.:*distracted by shiny things*:.
3,777 posts

Posted:
bounce ooh!! sounds like a good night was had by all!! biggrin i hope next week is just a lovely!! cos next week i'll actually be there!!! bounce i still have to make sure it's okay with my boss for me to have monday off but otherwise, i'll just finish early & be at southbank around 7.30 or something!!! biggrin

gabe - is it still okay for me to crash at your place monday night??? smile i'll pm ya!! biggrin

do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good to eat!

if at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished!

smile! :grin: it confuses people!

ParafinfairySILVER Member
old hand
845 posts

Posted:
Aw, wish we'd been there!! I really enjoyed the one we went to! I've still got some footage of you Gabe, from the one we went to where you were teaching someone how to play a drum!! Its pretty dark though as my cameras not that good! I'll send it to you though.

hug hug

Slicing the Loaf as we speak.

I need it..... Trust me!

3,492 posts

Posted:
oh yay I'm glad you guys had a good one the other night! bounce

but yeah gita, We'll just have to make sure next week is as good! You could probly stay at my house if not gabe's so don't worry about that biggrin

see you guys monday ubbrollsmile hug juggle biggrin weavesmiley

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
Oh dratski!!! I miss the night the lovely Pixie/s ubblove are down here... I'll be up the coast on Monday night (working).
SO I'll havfe to see y'all at Moonfest. Let's hope this freezifying weather has passed on by then.....otherwise I suppose I could set a few things alight and tie them to wires and make a firey sphere around my head and body... hmmmm... could catch on wink

margitaSILVER Member
.:*distracted by shiny things*:.
3,777 posts

Posted:
dang work! it does tend to interfere with lovely nights of playing with fire!! tongue hehe...i also have to work tomorrow but i am going to beg (or just ask nicely) to leave early so i can be at juggle jam at a reasonable hour!! biggrin

i'm hoping for 7.30 or 8ish! how late does it usually go??

also - i saw an ad on tv before for some reality tv show (aussie idol i think) & they're holding auditions in the piazza tomorrow! hopefully they'll be gone early enough!! smile

*runs away to search back thru thread for alternate juggle jam venue*

biggrin oh yeah pixie! tis kewl - i found a couch to crash on!! thanks for the offer though!!! hug

do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good to eat!

if at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished!

smile! :grin: it confuses people!

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
hey.. there is definatly going to still be auditions for Idol happening I reckon so it will be at the man made beach if they havent cleared out by then. (its just around the courner a bit)

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

sureauenthusiast
224 posts

Posted:
man made beach = The Busker's Pitch.

Wow, third time in just over a month we've been relocated to there. I've noticed that when juggle is at plan B spot, it's always a very small crowd. Methinks at the next juggle at the piazza I should do a round and make sure everyone knows where the back-up playspace is, since not all who attend check these boards.

"Be the Bunny"

funkwaxpuppyBRONZE Member
40 posts

Posted:
Dang. Haven't they already done the idol thing once? *sigh* Maybe WE should audition? He he he hee...

Or, maybe not.

*mental note to remember shoes* that pebblecrete really cuts up my feet frown

RyGOLD Member
Gromit's Humble Squire
4,496 posts

Posted:
lol Just go in there and twirl til you get insulted and kicked out. And unless you get thrown out by a bouncer or police, you must reaudition biggrin

funkwaxpuppyBRONZE Member
40 posts

Posted:
sounds like a challenge! biggrin

becBRONZE Member
521 posts

Posted:
oh dear.. pixies piked again frown

moon pixie had a very valid in-the-middle-of-creating-a-wonderful-new-costume excuse.. and I was.. well.. still a bit sleepy from a huge weekend.. and um.. see you at moonfest tomorrow.......?

mmwah*

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
yeah I rung elke to see where you were cause I had your BIRFDAY PRESENT!! lucky I didnt have time to make cake! smile

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

becBRONZE Member
521 posts

Posted:

frown sorry chicken..

and I haven't seen you in forever&a million years!!

slack pixie I am.. next week - I'll be there then - really I will!

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
you will be there tonight though aye? confused confused aye ?

pixie? *hopefull looks*

becBRONZE Member
521 posts

Posted:
just on my way out now... see you there!!!

kiss ubblove kiss

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
I'm shocked!!! You pixies didn't make it last week!!!

Well, neither did I redface (Was working up the coast....) I think this Monday I will be dropping the lads off and going to see a friend who is leaving the country this week.... but... it would be nice to meet up. So pixies, do you think you'll be coming down? Mats? etc?? Probably a good week to bring the kettle too, with the chill in the air...
In any case, the way it's been going it will be a great night!

becBRONZE Member
521 posts

Posted:
yep.. definitely coming tonight smile see you there...

3,492 posts

Posted:
See you lovelies tonight! ubblove

grouphug

becBRONZE Member
521 posts

Posted:
..but then sometimes...

..even when your intentions are sooooooooooo good & true...

...and you really really want to do something...

you realise that you've just reached burnout (again!) and you have to pull back...

and you don't end up at the piazza at southbank at all.. and you miss seeing all your favourite twirly folk frown

3,492 posts

Posted:
yeah what that fairy said....

ubbcrying sorry guys! hug

did really mean to get there.... Had the mats packed in the car and everything!

have had such a crazy time lately... and just needed to *stop* and rest

Love you guys! ubblove hug kiss

see ya next week.............?

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
Hello dearest Brisvegans. Just letting you know that I finally have some sets of those groovy double decker glowies for sale: $80 a set. I will be bringing them on Monday to Juggle Club. (and maybe chocolate crackles this time, mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm) Definitely the kettle for a hot cuppa on these cool nights!

How are we all? I haven't seen you for ages cos it'll be like 3 weeks since I came (shame!)

sureauenthusiast
224 posts

Posted:
Looking forward to tomorrow night Gabe, you've been missed!

I'll be there early-early, after sweeping by the connex bus depot to pick up my staff bag - my single and doubles - which I left on the bus last week!! I stepped off the bus, and while walking home I saw a black cat on a driveway. Is that my cat? I asked myself, not being able to tell from a distance. And I thought would she be able to recognize my form from this distance? If not, I thought, she might recognize my red staff bag over my shoul- HANG ON WHAT STAFF BAG eek help ooooops so I scurried home like this shrug and called them right away. They are safe and sound though bounce clap weavesmiley ubbrollsmile ubbrollsmile ubbrollsmile ubbrollsmile ubbrollsmile ubbrollsmile

see you monday with twirly drummy juggly chocolately goodness!! grouphug

"Be the Bunny"

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
Yep. My , ain't it getting chilly these days!! I even had my hot water bottle out last night!!

Page: ......