Sunshine92SILVER Member
42 posts

Posted:
Hey everyone,

I have been working on self-photography with Poi! Here are some of my results! Here's my Flickr account The first page is mainly fire, and the second page is my LED's, which I think are more artistic. Let me know what you think =) I'll be adding more every week =)

With happiness

John

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
I like hearts, batman symbol and blue star... (had seen quite *cough* many flowers - so they don't impress me too much)...

really nice stuff, at times maybe a tad less ambient light, more closeup and the contrast could be pushed quite a bit

nice letters wink

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

JayKittyGOLD Member
Mission: Ignition
534 posts

Posted:
Nice work. Lots of nice shots. Sure everyone is doing flowers, but you have some nice quality ones in your gallery. I went to wild fire 07 and haven't had the chance to go back since. I really miss it, I'll get back eventually. How was it this year?

Don't mind me, just passing through.

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
my earlier post was not in any way playing down the quality of your flowers - I DO like them... only that there are so many out there....

should add that I find your LED Poi drawing exquisite smile

Sunshine92SILVER Member
42 posts

Posted:
FireTom, no worries - I know exactly how you feel about flowers, and I agree with so many of them out there smile And thank you for your advice on contrast and lighting! smile I'll give a go at it smile

Jaykitty, thank you smile This year's WildFire was just amazing.. Wonderful people, wonderful food, wonderful scenery, everything was perfect. I even got to meet Chris Rovo. Unfortunately, the main drawback is that I had to take four days off of highschool to go, and I came back with a crap load of work to make up, and in midterm week.. And considering it's my Junior year, my most important year, I shouldn't be doing that (Though it was totally worth it :D)

Spanner, thank you very much smile I am becoming more and more proud of these pictures thanks to you guys. You're right though.. I should put that Q in there.. Lol smile

With happiness,

John

P.S. Would you guys like it if I let you all know when I add new pictures?

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
please smile

JayKittyGOLD Member
534 posts

Posted:
I don't know where you're from, but I definitly need to go next year, keep me posted and maybe we can carpool. I'm in central Jersey, its only like a 5 hour ride if its still in CT. When I went I got to meet Grisha and Loki. Amazing people who taught me the real ins and outs of fire breathing.

Sunshine92SILVER Member
42 posts

Posted:
Well, I used to live in New York, but I recently moved to Georgia because my father is having heart problems. My plans, however, are to go to each Wild Fire now. When I do go, I will fly into LaGuardia airport in New York. My mother lives in Queens, so I'd stay there for a night, then drive with some friends to CT. I would definitely enjoy spinning with you sometime. smile I wish you all the best, JayKitty smile

With happiness,

John

P.S. Well, this is lame.. My family and I drove down to Tampa, and I brought all my Poi equipment, my camera charger, and my tripod, but forgot my camera.. I'll have to make up for that with a bunch of pictures tonight...

astonSILVER Member
Unofficial Chairperson of Squirrel Defense League
4,061 posts

Posted:
Pretty. smile

'We're all mad here. I'm mad, you're mad." [said the Cat.]
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "Or you wouldn't have come here."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures In Wonderland

Sunshine92SILVER Member
42 posts

Posted:
Thanks, Aston! =D

With happiness,

John

JayKittyGOLD Member
534 posts

Posted:
If youre ever in the area give me a call, also drop me a line sometime to remind me to register for WF. I get so into things I forget how much fun I had last time.

roarfireSILVER Member
comfortably numb
2,676 posts

Posted:
Wicked photos John. I have never seen a heart shaped quite like that or the batman symbol done before. Nice! Keep it up smile hug

.All things are beautiful if we take the time to look.

Sunshine92SILVER Member
42 posts

Posted:
Awww, thank you, Roarfire! grin I should be posting two or three more pictures tomorrow. I'm trying to figure out how to work my shutter speed flash.. smile I would love to add more, it's just that my college prep class is requiring us to do three essays, and I'm trying to figure out what college I should go to.. So I'm terrifyingly busy.. eek

With happiness,

John

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
I hope you don't mind - I've just added you as a contact on Flickr so it lets me know when you upload more photos smile

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
btw if it's not about the traffic to your Flickr account you can link the pictures here (Full Reply Screen - Picture - add URL)

wink

=Flashpoint=SILVER Member
Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
Yea, nice.... The LED photos especially, there's such a good strong consistent colour there...

ohmygodlaserbeamspewpewpew!
ubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmile

FelexSILVER Member
Destroyer of worlds and ooo shiny.
268 posts

Posted:
Yay more pictures