Forums > Social Discussion > Magie Alvarez Calleja aka Maddi, Maiuki

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
Unfortunately it turned out to be true

our sister Maddie fell victim in a car bombing in Yemen...

Maddi, we will always remember you, your smile and the warmth of your heart.

We all heart and miss you terribly...

Non-Https Image Link

Thanks Jonathon, for the beautiful pictures that you took you're an amazing photographer.

Thanks all for love and support, that goes out to Maddi's family, Ronan and all the other close friends. I guess there is nobody out there who knew her and not got struck by her cheerful personality.... ubbcrying

EDITED_BY: FireTom (1183814228)

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

ma'tinaBRONZE Member
multiplex
611 posts

Posted:
i love the video, love the pix, love the words included in the video, love having you met, perhaps will come to berlin again in the next two weeks.....let me know your contacts...where you stay, at rico's place??? perhaps meet again in berlin....what do you reckon???

peace and love

- Ho Sa -
kisses & peace & love to beautiful madges
*rever le temps le prendre*

AurinkoBRONZE Member
hello!
1,034 posts

Posted:
wow, the videao is amazing. Send it in for the next CoL. If you win, you can use the money to pretty up the homepage or to organize a memory-firespinning-meeting.

a swapped test-playboy, set free by NOn, idolizing the tea fairy; Dragosani spiritual freedom agreement reached 18th Sept 2006

Kyle McLeanBRONZE Member
Living it up
363 posts

Posted:
Cheers guys,
I cried all the way through editing it, and really love it. The time had such a nice vibe, and I think you get a glimpse of this.

Matina, I'd love to catch up. I'm not sure yet though, I may go back to OZ next week. Otherwise I'll be in Berlin till Tuesday and then go to Switzerland. But both options involve flying back to Australia from Frankfurt though.
I'm not really sure what to do at the moment shrug

Contact without dance is like sex without wiggling.
A) it does feel as good
B) it does not look as good on film

RonopotamusGOLD Member
addict
412 posts

Posted:
Hey Kyle,
so sorry to hear about your friend Rob frown hug The past month has been filled with so much sadness, it really does get you thinking...

I loved the video, it was beautiful. My mum found me crying over my laptop and joined me as we watched it a second time.

Sorry to hear you're heading back to Oz and that I didn't get a chance to hang out with you as much as I had wanted. I look forward to bumping into you again hug

grouphug

Don't bolt your door with a boiled carrot...

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
hug to Kyle hug

No internet connection, as my laptop is in repair. rolleyes

But "Maiuki.org" was registered just now... anyone interested in hosting it?

ma'tinaBRONZE Member
multiplex
611 posts

Posted:
kyle, i will probably come to berlin next week on thursday.....until then i am in frankfurt....i dont know what to do at the moment as well,....thats why i get back to berlin and meet up with some lovely girls from my time in london....thats what i will most probably be up to....just come around for a drink or whatever if you feel like it....in berlin or in frankfurt.....as you feel....just take your time and see what you feel like.....hug

peace and love

grouphug

- Ho Sa -

ma'tinaBRONZE Member
multiplex
611 posts

Posted:
@firetom: i would be willing to host it with another bunch of people,...like you, ronan, kyle.....etc...

hug

- Ho Sa -

BansheeCatBRONZE Member
veteran
1,247 posts

Posted:
wishing to see the video... you tube is banned here, unfortunately. Let me know when there is another host for it please.

I miss Maddi terribily. So many memories.

Huge hugs to you too Ronin, and all of the little poi gang that gathered in thailand together, I am thinking of you all with much love .
a

"God *was* my co-pilot, but then we crashed, and I had to eat him..."

joshgomeramember
155 posts

Posted:
kyle!!
thanx a lot for your vid...thanx to peq the argentinian guy that gave some parts to it ,too.
i-m soo happy i could take part that amazing day-s in the domes..sourrounde by friends of my heart!! hug

i-m really sorry for your friend! sometimes one aftre the other saD STorry is running after the other...crazy intense life

hey if you stil there i come this saturday 4th to berlin..
would be nice to meet you again ubbrollsmile

and i love the idea to send it for COL or the competition..why spinning..
i think we found one of the best reasons..
hugs and love to all

josh

ma'tinaBRONZE Member
multiplex
611 posts

Posted:
@josh: i will come to berlin next wednesday (8.) again....so let's stay in touch.....hug

peace and love

tina

- Ho Sa -

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
Okay, I'm just waiting for confirmation that the domain is registered - coming back to you a.s.a. it's in my mailbox.

COL "why spin" participation is a splendid idea... clap

ma'tinaBRONZE Member
multiplex
611 posts

Posted:
wanna host it.......and COL why spin participation seems perfect.......bounce

- Ho Sa -

RonopotamusGOLD Member
addict
412 posts

Posted:
Nao put a video of Maddi playing fire poi at Guys Bar, Koh Phangan, on youtube -

Lovely to see and hear her again
smile ubbcrying sunny

ma'tinaBRONZE Member
multiplex
611 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Ronopotamus

Lovely to see and hear her again
smile ubbcrying sunny

ditto

grouphug

- Ho Sa -

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
smile

A beautiful video... really good to see her smiling...

frown ubbcrying le sigh ubbcrying frown

Getting to the other side smile

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
chills and tears hug

(le beauté.....)

sigh

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
That was lovely!

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

joshgomeramember
155 posts

Posted:
thanx ronan!!

she isn-t anywhere out there?? just playing..making jokes..

no??? confused confused

no way ???:(

how?
why?

..just that hope she-s doing that lovely smile and spin and dance in any shpere ..

we don-t understand,can-t touch yet...maybe feel it with our love
and thankfulness that we could share our time together with her..for a while

i-m touched of this vid

ronan..

when do we meet??

josh

ma'tinaBRONZE Member
multiplex
611 posts

Posted:
joshi....where are you....i am in berlin right now......suffering....all this same stuff you write and talk about......she isnt anywhere out there coming back.....meet up as we wanted to.....no...???? no way??????..........."...." it

are you in berlin or in switzerland right now.....or completely somewhere else....please contact me via pm........

grouphug

peace and love....ubbcrying

kisses......

- Ho Sa -

celsonewbie
2 posts

Posted:
Hello I´m celso from Spain
I knew maddi in juggling convention on May in Leon (Spain)

I learn many things with her and not only juggling...

I would like colaborate to translate the site of maddi to spanish...
Sorry my english writing isn´t good but i understand, and i believe that i can do it...

Kisses from all the friends of this site...

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
Website registered. Anyone care for designing the site?

Celso: that is a very nice offer. I am certain that a translation would not have to be literal. I know that you have words to express feelings in a very, very beautiful way.

Thank you for that offer.

hug hug hug

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
... frown double post ...

Above request still valid:

Anyone willing to care for setting up the site?

ma'tinaBRONZE Member
multiplex
611 posts

Posted:
hey firetom!

did anyone contact you so far for setting up the site????? otherwise i will try to think of sth. or find someone, as i know some..........if you have any questions or thougts, please contact me via pm!

hug

- Ho Sa -

RonopotamusGOLD Member
addict
412 posts

Posted:
HEllo everyone,
I'm gonna ask a friend of mine in ireland to give me a hand making a website, lets see what happens.
Nice to hear from you celso, Will be in contact about the spanish translation.

I hope that you're all well

grouphug

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
Puedo ofrecer mis servicios para traducciones... smile

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
Guys, every help or input appreciated. smile hug

I am leaving to Asia in a few days only - not much time to care for anything else but my own stuff. I'm carving online-time out of my ribs right now.

Ma'tina: Anything open so far. No worries - we all have lives to lead, I understand that smile

grouphug

ma'tinaBRONZE Member
multiplex
611 posts

Posted:
@ronan: hey you, hope you are all right, as far as possible......big hug to you!
let me know about the website..e.g. whom to contact if i would like to put up some thing on it etc. pp. probably you!?! .....p.s.: would love to host it as well......a tiny bit as least please.....

take care,
peace and love,
kisses

- Ho Sa -

celsonewbie
2 posts

Posted:
About the translation... I have Basquian jugglers friends that sure they would like to colaborate in this proyect...

I would like to help to the spanish traslation...

I desire to help...

Magie lives in my thoughts...

Kisses to all

She was lucky for having as friends as you

These are my post office
celsopereira@mundo-r.com
nairis1@hotmail.com

ma'tinaBRONZE Member
multiplex
611 posts

Posted:
@Ronan: need your postal adress via pm.......and of magie's family tooooooooo! have sth for ya wink

grouphug

peace and love

- Ho Sa -

GlåssDIAMOND Member
The Ministry of Manipulation
2,523 posts

Posted:
Hey hey, I was just trying the clear out my backlog of e-mails.... and i found this one from Maiuki from earlier this year:

> Hallo, hallo!!
>
> Thankx for taking the time to check this e-mail.
>
> I´ve got a project that I need help for so I would send the basic idea of it and it would be lovely to get tips and advise from you, profesionals on this, to try to make it better and more effective. I won´t write all the project, just the basic idea, as all the project is in spanish or basque.
>
> POI WORKSHOP
>
> The workshop is going to be held on a youth house runned by the townhall. All the other facilities of the building will be closed apart from the hall, where the workshop will run. Is going to be a 3 hour workshop, from 17.00 to 20.00 aproximately. The workshop will be free for the people, as I´ll be paid by the townhall ( if they say yes to a project that they offered me to do,..).
>
> The people that will come would be between, 14-18, maybe some 12,13 year olds too. Is all for beginners, but some of them might have already had a poi workhop.
>
> They will be 3 different areas:
> The HOW TO MAKE YOUR OWN TOY AREA:
> The PLAYING WITH THE TOY
> The WATCHING/INSPIRATION/RELAXING AREA
>
> It would be a little introduccion to poi, origins, worlwide use,..etc (2 min)
>
> HOW TO MAKE YOUR POI:
>
> They will be shown different kinds of poi
> -Chain poi ( with rubber head)
> -Rope Poi ( with rubber head or tennis balls)
> -Sock poi
> -Strechy sock poi
> -Flags / Pics of different designes of flags too.
> -Meteor
> -Staff?
> Different materials too, UVI, Glow,..
> Thge idea is to let them try diffferent kinds of poi and let them choose wich one fits better to themselves.
> They will be explanations/ materials/instruccions of how to make it/ tools. This will take around 30-40 min.
>
> PLAYING WITH THE TOY
>
> I will build myself 15 pairs of tennis balls with rope poi, and those ones are the ones that I will teach them with.
> -Warm up :specific for the kind of moves I will teach ( my sister is helping me with that. It will be short, but effective)
>
> The first thing we will do is to star playing with them in improvisation, letting them to do that for about 10 min. They will look to each other, laugh, familiarize with the toy, see it´s complexity, hit themselves and ask loads of questions.( How should I hold the poi, How can you make them to go straight,..etc
> -show them planes
> -Small circles, big circles
> -Direcction.
> -Timing
> -Turns ( same time, split time, forwards, backwards)
> -3btw
> -Butterfly.
> -Short poi, long poi.
> -Contack / hitting themselves/ kicking/ stalls.
> -Mixing moves, how to put them together learning how to break a move.
> -Movement of the body, posses.
>
> -I would like to make a dinamic of the group doing the same move, but each time with a different body posture. Over 3 times or so, with body movement and feet movement.
> -Another dinamic would be the inventive circle; each person or whoever that wants to show a move that likes,has invented or found out ;goes into the middle of the circle and shares it with the rest.
> -Floor dinamic. Changuing of planes and floor contack.
> -Partner games/moves,.. (if wanted)
>
> It would be a little demo of isolations, hyperllops, e-raps, flowers, hybrids, stalls,..etc to get to open their minds and imagination.
> ( questions, comentaries,..)
>
> WATCHING/ INSPIRATION/RELAXING AREA
>
> This area would have a TV, with a DVD player, and it would be on since the beggining of the workshop, with the COL vids, youtube vids, and different compilations of internet. This would be for them to see the difference in styles and opportunities. They would be vids from people playing poi at the kitchen of their home to props.
> This vids would be off just during the time of explanations of planes,small circle,big circle,direcction,timing. As I think everybody should attend that part of the workshop to be able to understand it.
>
> The workshop will be on all the time, that means, I will keep with the program and people will come in and out as they want ( as there is a smoking area, and loads of smokers for sure). The idea is to let them go with their readom, and to get to know the basic at the beggining, to be able to hop on and off as they like.
>
> They are supposed to be at least around 10 people, maximum of 60, so they would be different groups, neither of them bigger than 15, 20.
> I´m suposed to be the only one giving the workshop, thinking seriously about bringuing someone to give me a hand, as the juggelers of my town won´t do it because of political reasons(nonsense).
>
> Well, that´s it, Iknow, Iknow is long but please, give me hand with ideas, maybe order of the moves,..anything that can help me,... I know is an ambitious porogram, but I´m not expecting to do it all, The main objective of the workshop is to introduce the people into the wonderfull and infinite world of the poi, seeing it, feeling it.
>
> It would also be a corner of toys whre they would be clubs, balls, rings, staff, hulahoop, contack ball,..for people to play.
> The hall will close at 22.00 so the people can keep playing, or making their toy, as the material that is leftover will be stored in the hall, where it would be for public use,..
>
> Peace and Love
>
> Maiuki, the teddy bear

I was so sorry that I never got round to replying.
frown...Drew

Page: