1] Snake (half/full)

Non-Https Image Link

This is a clean snake, or club swinging snake or elbow isolation
or what so ever. More, a bout snakes can be found here:

-Lesson 14

2] Snake Eye

Non-Https Image Link

"Simply sad, cat eye in snake motion."

Deeper, cat-eyes are clockwork technique, not a static figure.
I'm implementing this tech into another. Very hard, almost ...

-[Old link]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

(I.NEED.1.PAIR.OF.SOCK.POI!)

I can recomend to slow mo, and frame
by frame investigation..

you can burn,

:R

hug

EDITED_BY: Richee (1228527486)

POI THEO(R)IST

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
Ahem...

Video wink

Again, I slightly grasp what you mean, but a video made with that funky video camera we bought you would be a great help... wink

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

pineapple peteSILVER Member
water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
i understand what you mean, and its a great idea..

but i have to agree with ed, a little, quickly made visual example would be great... especially for those who dont quite grasp it from the description.. nothing fancy, just a quick demonstration smile

hug

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

*proud owner of the very cute fire_spinning_angel, birgit and neon shaolin*

RicheeBRONZE Member
HOP librarian
1,841 posts

Posted:
Also I've found that is better to distinguish between master
and Poi path, by different type of line, that would make dia-
grams more readable.

----------------------------------------------------

I want UPS Smartslot serial expander.

mmm..expander,

hug

EDITED_BY: Richee (1228527989)

POI THEO(R)IST

16.15.8GOLD Member
I can´t think therefore I´m not
291 posts

Posted:
Oh I did not now that the "get Richee a camcorder project" worked out smile
If you got a videocamera it´s time for explanations the visual way and not only theoretical one.

Please, some of us or at least me have only understood tiny fragments of all the stuff you write, but it sounds awesome. Doesn´t matter if you or anyone can´t do the stuff perfectly, I would just love to see some ideas explained visually, I want to be with you in the ideas and thoughts and not only sit next to you and not being able to understand a word of what you are saying, it sounds to good to miss out on tongue2

"I don´t like shoes, definitely not spinning with shoes, they make my feet feel flat, my feet are not flat...."

astonSILVER Member
Unofficial Chairperson of Squirrel Defense League
4,061 posts

Posted:
Snakes with poi?
Ouch....
Sounds like fun though. Will give it a whirl....

How you do a cat-eye like this I dunno. But then, not being able to do cat-eyes cleanly fails to help I think....

'We're all mad here. I'm mad, you're mad." [said the Cat.]
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "Or you wouldn't have come here."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures In Wonderland

pineapple peteSILVER Member
water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
well.. your hand will be moving in the same direction as doing a normal snake, but the poi will be spinning in the opposite direction.. since your hand is doing a circle, poi in the opposite direction, this will make a cat eye, but your hand will be going in the path of a snake.. snake eyes smile

hug

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

*proud owner of the very cute fire_spinning_angel, birgit and neon shaolin*

AlienJonGOLD Member
enthusiast
290 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: Learning_To_CookAhem...

Video wink

Again, I slightly grasp what you mean, but a video made with that funky video camera we bought you would be a great help... wink

Originally Posted By: pineapple petei understand what you mean, and its a great idea..

but i have to agree with ed, a little, quickly made visual example would be great... especially for those who dont quite grasp it from the description.. nothing fancy, just a quick demonstration smile

hug

Originally Posted By: NevisoulOh I did not now that the "get Richee a camcorder project" worked out smile
If you got a videocamera it´s time for explanations the visual way and not only theoretical one.

Please, some of us or at least me have only understood tiny fragments of all the stuff you write, but it sounds awesome. Doesn´t matter if you or anyone can´t do the stuff perfectly, I would just love to see some ideas explained visually, I want to be with you in the ideas and thoughts and not only sit next to you and not being able to understand a word of what you are saying, it sounds to good to miss out on tongue2

I concur! Video! spank

I mean damn, if you guys want motivation to buy me a video cam (which I don't have), I'll start making my posts waaaaayyyyy more cryptic... and for simulation videos, I'll start posting clips from the 'psychedelic screen saver' as poi moves! (seriously, if anyone wants to buy me a video cam, I'll make videos wink )

But seriously, I know when I'm in the deeply conceptual realm of poi, it's hard to get my head straight to even make a simulation sometimes! So, it will be a process for Richee to learn his workflow with the camera. Plus, what type of computer setup are you using Richee? I seem to remember you don't even have a mouse, which leads me to believe you may not be on a system optimized for convenient video editing. Have you run into any complications getting video off your camera and uploaded to say, youtube, where you can do simple editing and annotations online?

So Richee, is there anything we can do to help in your video endeavors? hug

-Alien Jon

+Alien Jon

Mother_Natures_SonSILVER Member
Rampant whirler.
2,418 posts

Posted:
Come to Melbourne, Jon and you can use mine.

My poi are in the car... so I can't try this out, but I think I understand it.

hug

Mother_Natures_SonSILVER Member
Rampant whirler.
2,418 posts

Posted:
I DO understand it, but I cannot do it, my poi are being very silly. I'd love to see a video to see step by step where the poi go.

hug

RicheeBRONZE Member
HOP librarian
1,841 posts

Posted:
I can't do them clear either, I think they are possible
with havier socks if you woun't smack your face
with crystal ball.

Ther are bit odd, I din't saw them in mirror, but they
are nice in theory, but that doesn't meen they will
be practicaly nice.

They tend to shift to outside, that makes them looks
like wall plane unit circle ,but they are not that
simple, cause you need to insert them into snake.

but snake is hard itself,

hug

POI THEO(R)IST