Page: ...
MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
OK. So here's the plan. I'm coming to Australia. I'll be coming on my own time with about 5 weeks to spare. I'm going to Christchurch for 3-4 days to visit some dude I know... biggrin

It will probably be around september-ish that I'll be going. I need to balance this against a planned trip to South America for some Spanish immersion that I desperately need.

Otherwise, I want to spend about one week in each place. That means four cities, five tops. I'll want to go exploring while I'm there. I can make side-forays, but nothing too extravagant. That means if you want to meet me, you might have to travel a bit. I understand what a pain that is; I live in a large country, too.

What four cities should I pick? Why? Where do you live?

There is one very important person, other than Malcolm, who I want to meet. I want to meet Taj. He's a true symbol of the spirit of this community and he's adorable. ubblove (Valura, honey, we need some photos, pleeze.)

So...where am I going? ubbrollsmile

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

natasqiaddict
489 posts

Posted:
OOOOH! I'm so excited... The closer it comes to you getting here, the closer it gets til last exams...

smile

Hope you're having fun in Adelaide. I hope Ben took you to he circus cocktail place. Very delicious!

natasqiaddict
489 posts

Posted:
Oh.. and have posted a few pics of Perth peeps so you know who they are... Gnor probably has more though grin

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
so just to confirm Doc 5.55 pm on Thursday the 27th I pick you up from the airport right?

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
coming to a country near you
4,696 posts

Posted:
hey doc when are you in sydney now?

suprise i'm going to sydney from thrusday 27 to dec 1st! catch you again?

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Oh no... Mjk, I'll be in Sydney from the 3rd to the 7th. frown

-Mike

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
coming to a country near you
4,696 posts

Posted:
laaaaaaaaaaaame.

i'm in canberra from the 1st to the 4th, then drop by sydney airport on the 4th for connecting flight home.

oh well, enjoy the rest of your hollies, be seeing you around here more i'm sure.

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
*hugs*

lovely to have you stay mike. nat still wishes you where straight, daves just a poor substitute now wink

to everyone thats hosting mike before he leaves he gives AMAAAAAAAAAAZING massage .... oh and hes a really nice guy to .... but did I mention the MASSAGE!!! hot damn!

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: Valuraso just to confirm Doc 5.55 pm on Thursday the 27th I pick you up from the airport right?

Err.. no. confused
From the conversations I had with Mike when he first landed he was going to cab to mine from the airport Thursday evening. But if that's changed now that's alright too. Mike? What's the word?

I can't find when you're going back to Sydney.. but yeah, if it suits you better to go Valura's first/do Thanksgiving on Sat and come here later... whatever... all good. I could bring you back here after Monday Juggle Jam etc. I'm not working next week till Wednesday.

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: newgabeOriginally Posted By: Valuraso just to confirm Doc 5.55 pm on Thursday the 27th I pick you up from the airport right?

Err.. no. confused
From the conversations I had with Mike when he first landed he was going to cab to mine from the airport Thursday evening. But if that's changed now that's alright too. Mike? What's the word?

I can't find when you're going back to Sydney.. but yeah, if it suits you better to go Valura's first/do Thanksgiving on Sat and come here later... whatever... all good. I could bring you back here after Monday Juggle Jam etc. I'm not working next week till Wednesday.

ok..sweet as..whatever happens happens... Im flexable.

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

natasqiaddict
489 posts

Posted:
bye bye Doc!!!

Was very nice to have you stay!!

smile

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: newgabe go Valura's first/do Thanksgiving on Sat and ... I bring you back here after Monday Juggle Jam etc. I'm not working next week till Wednesday.

Yep, so that's the plan then! Will see Mike with some lovely folks on Sat at Valura's and some other lovelies at Monday Night.

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
With a huge thanks to those in Perth, and to those in Adelaide for all the places I've stayed during the last two weeks, I would like to announce that I am currently crashed on the spare room at Arsn and Valura's.

Tonight, I tried to be their drummer for a rock band video game on the PS2 and... no musical talent. I also met the #2 person I came to Australia/NZ to visit. #1 was Malcolm and #2 was Taj. Tonight I read him a bedtime story. He's amazing. He's simply amazing and I love this child more than I love myself. And I'm done gushing.

Tonight we planned out the shopping trip we have tomorrow to make a proper Thanksgiving dinner in Australia. This is gonna be intense, but amazingly fun. I love a frantic food emergency and I love cooking with other people.

Today is Thanksgiving here, although nobody is aware of it. It's so odd to just have that holiday completely deleted from my life this year. So I had to put it back. This year, I am thankful for this trip to Australia. I am thankful that I have so many new-found, old friends here. I'm thankful for two beautiful children, Jesse and Taj, who have come into my dear friends' lives since I've known them, and for all children everywhere. I'm thankful that I live in the greatest city in the world. I'm thankful that I have the job of my dreams. I'm thankful that we have a new government. I'm thankful that there is someone special in my life.

I am very thankful this year. I have a hell of a lot going for me.

-Mike

.:* Moon Pixie *:.Carpal \'Tunnel
3,492 posts

Posted:
so beautiful*:. a day to remind yourself what you are thankful for! smile ...i try my best to remember to be grateful and thankful for everything in my life each and everyday... but it's nice that you guys have a day set aside for that very thing smile

I'm thankful for so many things! My beautiful friends ... my supportive, loving family... the little things in life that make you smile or grin or giggle... i'm thankful for love in my life <3 ... I'm thankful that i'm working in a job which i actually enjoy, and can make a *living* out of what i love doing!! i'm thankful for each and every moment and each and every person or being who has passed through my life and has shaped me into the person i am today...:*

Ant and i are gigin tonight... so unfortunately will miss the wonderful thanksgiving dinner you guys are preparing.. cry ...but we will be finished up in the city by around 8:30pm or so (hopefully) ... so i wonder if it would disturb the festivities...if we came round a bit later...? it could be like around 9:30pm by the time we actually got to kristy's ... would that be too late?

.:*love and sparkley wiggley pixie dance dust*:.

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
Well I'D like to see you whatever time you turn up! I mean its not my house etc but I have a sneaking suspicion there will be leftovers begging to be eaten yes
And people who love you and would like to see you too.

And I'll put in word too that Kyle is also gigging tonight, and doesn't have a car so he wouldn't be able to get down there. SO he won't be coming. But sends love and is thankful for all sorts of things!
thankx

.:* Moon Pixie *:.Carpal \'Tunnel
3,492 posts

Posted:
thanks gabe*:. smile

i just realized there's a whole other thread for this too... so i've just quoted myself and pasted there too... OR i could even just *call* Kristy huh? DAHHHH pixie girl! LOL

will be lovely to see everyone!!*:. grouphug

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
I am thankful for a belly full of good, traditional American Thanksgiving food. I am thankful for friends with whom to cook and enjoy it.

And I have never been so proud of Taj as I was today when I learned that, like his Uncle Mike, he is a Nutella man through and through!

"Don't want Vegemite! Want Nutella!" -Taj (see my gallery)

Thanks to all who came, thanks to all who helped, and thanks to Kristy and Troy. If I can't come to your wedding, at least I could give you a party.

Wow.

-Mike

Pogo69SILVER Member
there's no charge for awesomeness... or attractiveness
3,764 posts

Posted:
and I am thankful for YAWHIE (Yet Another Wonderful Hop Inspired Evening)...

twas lovely to meet you last night, mike; and you've won a friend for life in my lil one, isaac... grin and dinner was SOOOOOOO good... all that turkey and veges; twas pogo gastronomic heaven!! beerchug

thanks also to kristy and troy for their hospitality and to all for their company; good food, good people, lotsa fire play; we all had much to be thankful for...
grouphug

and finally... a special thanks to paul for encouraging my 16yo daughter to feed her nicotine habit; the only surprise is that you weren't trying to feed her booze, as well. I hope to return the favour one day... nana

--pogo (pat) [forever and always]

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
And a massive THANK YOU to all of Brisbane for a wonderful time.

Especially to Kristy, Troy, and Taj and Gabe and Kyle for hosting me.

I'm just settling down on Rozi's sofa bed tonight. Comfy. Fed. Boozed. Swum.

My Australia/Christchurch trip is drawing to a close. It's been a wonderful month. It's been everything I hoped it would be and perhaps a bit more.

And it's not quite over...yet.

-Mike

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
Twas great to meet you Doc, and thanks for the stroke correction! That sounds rude. Good thing we're singing from different hymn sheets!

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Check my gallery, Ozzies and Kiwis!

-Mike

AdeSILVER Member
Are we there yet?
1,897 posts

Posted:
Thanks for a beautiful dinner last night doc, Roz and brainstorma!

grouphug

oh, and stuff it all, I just lost nana

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
*gag*

CUT IT OUT YOU LOT!!

*goes to happy place where there are NO Peteys genitals.*

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
It's not my fault!!!! I had nothing to do with that!

-Mike

Page: ...