beaujolaismember
10 posts

Posted:
i'm from tasmania. yes, that little island south of the australian mainland. i heard recently that someone thought tasmania was closer to new zealand and was actually, in fact its own country and not a state of aus.

some of you are probably still thinking "where the f*** is tasmania?" this post doesn't concern you, so just go on thinking that the cartoon spinning devil really exhists here.

my question is this. Is anyone out there as unfortunate as i am and lives here?

hmmm

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
acroham.
As a former taswegian, let me reassure you that most people here on HoP do in fact know where and what tasmania is.

Also, that there are several lovely spinners in tassie who belong to HoP

Perhaps you should try doing a search with the MEET OTHERS function, which can be found under the Community menu. Or, just click here.

It would also be a good idea to do a general search, and check to see if anyone has discussed this topic before! you'll save yourself, (and us) lots of time.

Currently on the right side up of the world.

-Ba^eX-member
254 posts

Posted:
you poor sod
pitty you aint out here in Vic...

If life was a ball of fire...i would be the poi sustaining it

(andrew)member
140 posts

Posted:
ya, i live here in tas, as do a few other HoPers.

Was that just a random question?

or would you like to know something else?

The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all thebad girls live.

Daiquetmember
29 posts

Posted:
Im a Distance Ed student at U.Tas... Does that maybe count?

Love Daiquet

whoops

dwuanosmember
79 posts

Posted:
ex-taswegian.

beaujolaismember
10 posts

Posted:
i learnt all my moves from myself. so i was wondering if there was anyone close by who had a similar interest and perhaps knew about functions, events etc that occur in this quaint little corner of the earth.

i'm a twirler, not a swinger per se.

hmmm

(andrew)member
140 posts

Posted:
okay, main thing is tuesdays down at salamanca, after dark.

but you probably know that.

anything else? ummm, theres a midsomething festival comming up on the 16th of june (midjune festival??) anyway, pm adren@line about it, shes the one that told me.

ahhh, if you want to meet someone in the day time and go through any moves or ideas or whatever, drop me a pm.

The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all thebad girls live.

adren@linemember
249 posts

Posted:
well sonnyjim, it seems to me you have a few things to learn about tassie yourself!! it aint all that bad, specially if you are crazy enough to make it enjoyable, plus it makes you appreciate other places more when (and if) you leave. anyhoo nuff said about that till i meet you and serve some more earbashing, if you are serious about twirling and enjoying the place in which you exist, next tuesday at cascade gardens. PM me. and sparx, its the midwinter festival.

LOVE LIFE (just a bit of added corn there for good measure)

PS: i ramble more in real life

dwuanosmember
79 posts

Posted:
Hook up with the psy trace guy's, I played a gig down there in feb. Twin tribes or some-thing it rocked not that I play psy trance, no chance! but ruff cut records is a good place to start. Or look up my bro Dayal he's throughing parties, be glad to have fire freaks along. He's in some indian restraunt cheffin'. Dunno if forest fest is still happening but thats where I got alot of my early insperation. also check out the melvile ware-house crew, been a long time for me but there were alot of twirlers there once.

(andrew)member
140 posts

Posted:
melville warehouse crew?? first ive heard of them!!! do yo u know if there on HOP at all?

any and all old info you have would be absolute fantastic, were a bit scattered down here, theres no real core community that i know off. (although adren@line is just about a core community in herself)

(even if she can't throw shoes up tree's)

And how can it be a mid-winter festival if winter started well, 4 days agao???

dwuanosmember
79 posts

Posted:
well drew sparx, most of the melvile crew I knew are over west or here in my case, dunno whose left?