Ry_CanuckMaster of Mediocrity
25 posts

Posted:
So, after goin to the Sunday Twirling in Melbourne and seein all the cool stuff. I figure Flaming Swordchucks would be the way to go. If U don't know what they are well, let me enlighten you. You take 2 swords, attach them together by chain like nunchucks then U light them on fire.
I wish I could take complete credit for the idea but alas Fighter beat me to it https://www.nuklearpower.com/daily.php?date=010815

BrennPLATINUM Member
Will carpal your tunnel in a minute.
3,286 posts

Posted:
I like swords!

ॐ

Owner of burningoftheclavey smile
Owned by Lost83spy

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
you were at sunday?? damn man, i musta missed u.
i have problems enough with 3 section, nevermind flaming blades at the ends of the chains.

a great concept is half the battle for the ideal fire toy - though practicality must be your overriding consideration if you want to be able to do a lot of things with it.

with fire adapted flexible weapons, my main trick is 'not to get hurt my ass.'

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

meshunderlayBRONZE Member
Juggler/Spinner
612 posts

Posted:
I love Fighter. He's so smart, and handsome.

Sword Chucks, Yo!

25 posts

Posted:
Oh, yes, they aren't the most practical of things to use and throw around. But, just imagine if you could create them and master them...... now that would be the day. Plus when there is the Zombie Apocylpse being a master of Flaming Swordchucks probably would be a big bonus to saving the city and getting the Girl or Boy depending on which U are/want

6,978 posts

Posted:

Non-Https Image Link

not sure i can catch that bro, but big respect for putting it out there. I am an old man bent on pragmatic fire equipment.

I mean, a sword blade might buy you 4-5 minutes of burn time - will the design of a flexible, bladed fire toy like sword chucks allow one to do much in that time?

25 posts

Posted:
Well, there is only one way to find out. But alas, as I am not Fighter and not trained in that fighting style it is beyond my... nay most mortals grasp. One day though when we break down the walls of reality and can pull Fighter out of his 8-bit prison he can become our teacher and teach us all the wonders of swordchucks

Fruitbasket#1 Bender Fan :D
133 posts

Posted:
I think if i were to see you. You just doing it with swords would be impressive enough. the fire..would be a extra. but thats me.

ANGER IS A GIFT.You have the right to demand better!

Originally Posted By: Mr Majestikhear the news about the guy in adelaide on the weekend who walked stilts 20m high? broke the world record by taking four steps.

BrennPLATINUM Member
3,286 posts

Posted:
TWO FISTED MONKEY STYLE ATTACK!!

ॐ

Owned by Lost83spy

YayuToasty Monkey
19 posts

Posted:
I'm part way there my friend. Done bladed chucks and fire chucks but that's probably the closest I'd get to your concept. I like my arms.

Using Kratos' swords as fire poi, now that's something but that'll be for another topic.

Ryan Started The Fire! It Was Always Burning Since The World's Been Turning!

MRCSILVER Member
Funky Blessings Daily
215 posts

Posted:
I honestly think it's doable and I think I may give it a shot one day. If only for the humor of it. I think give it a foot worth of chain if you have handles on the swords, give it a little more if you don't have handles. I think plenty of spinning and tossing would be adequate.

I honestly think it would work.

BrennPLATINUM Member
3,286 posts

Posted:
and nomex gloves wink

ॐ

Owned by Lost83spy

6,978 posts

Posted:
whether or not it will work is a worthy challenge, however for the lurkers reading this thread it has to be established that with exotic fire weapons one must always manage the risk.

learn to walk before you try to run. make a saft practice version before you play with a fire version of a bladed or flexible weapon.

Don't expect to never hit yourself - be prepared to react when you do.

MRCSILVER Member
Funky Blessings Daily
215 posts

Posted:
Oh goodness, sword chucks are pain waiting to happen. More so on fire.

I just think it has some interesting possibilities. Chain length would be an important experiment. Also handle v. no handle as I think both versions are swordchuck canon.

As for the gloves I love my leather gloves. If I needed any gloves they would be sufficient. It's still not happening any time in the near future though, that's for sure.